Price not suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Becuase of course he isn't. Can't have star players suspended for punching another player in the back of the head with his blocker.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canadiens-goalie-carey-price-will-not-suspended-blocker-punch/

Not surprised, but was hoping the NHL would do the right thing.

Why did anyone think Price would get suspended? Was last night's game the first they saw? A quick youtube search found these clips (I already knew about Quick's, though Dubnyk's was new to me) where a pretty clear punch to the face happened and no suspension.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Lundqvist gets fined for squirting his Gatorade bottle at Crosby, but Price doesn't get fined for repeatedly punching someone near the head with his blocker.

:help:

I don't care if he wasn't suspended, but being fined would have been nice. Again, the only thing the NHL/DoPS is consistent on is being inconsistent.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
and the code doesn't extend to goalie runners. never has, never did.

you do realize that you go in skates first to a goalie, there are consequences, no ?
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=125446271&postcount=175
None of those players were laying on the ice defenseless. I'm not saying Price should have been suspended, but what Price did was dickish and cowardly. If he had a problem with Palmieri, he should have waited until he got up and then feed him if he wanted to.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Prust never had a history of going after goalies until he joined the Habs. Now that he's no longer on the Habs, he doesn't anymore. Trying to injure goalies is ingrained in Habs culture. The Kreider smear job by Habs fans is a pathetic attempt to deflect away from their own dirty work. This coming from a Sens fan, even after Kreider injured Anderson because he was tripped by a Sens defenseman. Because I'm capable to admit that. The same thing Happened when Emelin tripped Kreider into Price.

its funny how its only ever kreider who gets tripped and crashes feet first into goalies. At least he had the decency to run MAF head on without slowing down.

poor chris kreider, to be so unjustly accused.

I dont care WHO it is, you crash a goalie feet first there is a cost associated with that. Not sure you want to pay the bill ? Don't run goalies feet first.

price was run TWICE last night, you want him to put his safety in the freaking zebras ? Big. Fat . No.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I don't really like MTL, but I don't get this "losing respect for Price" thing (besides it just being a take on their fanbase). While the act itself is rather pathetic, I appreciate him answering the rough play on him. Does that make sense?

edit: I still think he should have got at least one game there as a message that "hey, it ain't cool to beat someone who is down"

Hemsky001

May 17, 2012
I'm not even surprised.. hell, it's Price right? If any other goalie pulled this ****, he would be suspended for 6 games at least.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
its funny how its only ever kreider who gets tripped and crashes feet first into goalies. At least he had the decency to run MAF head on without slowing down.

poor chris kreider, to be so unjustly accused.

I dont care WHO it is, you crash a goalie feet first there is a cost associated with that. Not sure you want to pay the bill ? Don't run goalies feet first.

price was run TWICE last night, you want him to put his safety in the freaking zebras ? Big. Fat . No.

Well Gallagher runs goalies 3-4 times a game. Maybe people in glass houses (or glass goalies) shouldn't throw stones.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Well Gallagher runs goalies 3-4 times a game. Maybe people in glass houses (or glass goalies) shouldn't throw stones.

no he doesnt, he interferes with goalies, stop equating the two. Gallagher gets his interference calls ( and goals called back) largely standing still. He's no kreider.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
A suspension would have been absolutely ridiculous. Him receiving the extra minor was already overboard.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I wonder what would have happened if Schneider did the exact same thing to Galchenyuk?

Pretty sure every single Habs fan would want him suspended atleast 3 games
No.. many habs fans doesn't overreact like many over here about a goaltender protecting his net. IMO goaltenders that get run over should definitely protect themselves as long as they don't injure the guy crashing them.

BrassBalls

Nov 5, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
You really got to think what would happen if a skater somehow found an NHL regulation blocker in his hand and just started beating away on an opponent the way Price chose to. Would the reaction from the league/fans be the same? People would be straight out calling for the guy's head!

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
The best thing about this whole situation is Price is ours.:yo:

HF Boards just got Priced.:popcorn:

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
Someone had to show these clowns in toronto whats up. Carey made them look like fools and now they got they ears flat and their tails between their legs. "the interference happened but the goal was going to go in anyway" biggest load of crap ever. good way to encourage running the goalie every play sisnce thats the only way for scrubs like palmieri to score on price. well sorry Pricer got cups to win, if the pissants in toronto cant regulate he'll do it himself.

Suspend price?!? lol ya right. he's the most respected guy in the game from fans right up to top brass. suspend him or even boot him and he gives a nice quote to the media about how the biased suits in toronto hq are putting his career in jeopardy with their inability to properly punish goaltender interference and especially dangerous charging of the crease like palmieri, kreider etc. Price is the *****in boss of the league. Everyone in hockey feels that and respects him even more for laying down the law when the incompetent brass fail to. only ones who are saying hes a coward should be suspended balh blah blah are butt hurt loser kids who dont know hockey from figure skating and should stick a real sport like baseball lol. hater typical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad