Price not suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomhockeyfan

Sep 23, 2016
That's absolute bullcrap. It's like they don't even care. Imagine the dilemma if it was Price doing that to someone like McDavid. What would they do then lmao.

TheSituation

Dec 26, 2007
New York City
I'm not surprised. But today as I thought about this, I find it hilarious how the reaction would be different if this happened in the NBA or the NFL...

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I still can't believe the ref gave Palmieri a 2 for goalie interference when he clearly skates behind the net not making any call up until Price starts throwing punches to Palmieri. Simply pathetic from the ref there!

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Why would he get suspended for a blocker punch that never hit his head?

If a player swung their stick like a baseball bat at the back of someone's head but just grazed their helmet becuase the swing wasn't accurate enough, what should he get?

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I'm not surprised. But today as I thought about this, I find it hilarious how the reaction would be different if this happened in the NBA or the NFL...

Of course it would, a NFL or NBA player having a goalie blocker on the field/court would be crazy.

Peter Puck

Sep 10, 2005
Just missing someone's head with your stick happens regularly. Usually it is accidental but if you hit some one even by mistake it is a high sticking penalty. If you miss there is no problem.

Senacus Maximus

Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
Why would he get suspended for a blocker punch that never hit his head?

Watch it again. His head was driven into the ice by the punch. Quite clear.

Should be a suspension.

Edit: After re-watching it's kind of hard to tell if he hit him directly.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
If a player swung their stick like a baseball bat at the back of someone's head but just grazed their helmet becuase the swing wasn't accurate enough, what should he get?

Former Habs' prospect Alexander Perezhogin got suspended the year for swinging his stick at a players head and connecting.. the player he swung his stick at initially swung his stick at Perezhogin's head and missed. The player who missed didn't get anything.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
If a goalie does it to one of your players in the future, you better not be pushing for him to get suspended.

I mean many Habs fans wanted charges to a player for a hit gone unfortunately bad.

But this shouldn't be based on what fans want or the team someone plays for, this was a straight up dirty attack and he gets nothing.

Alaix

I believe.
Mar 30, 2010
Palmieri was reckless, no way he fell like that because of the "push" of the defender.... Simply no way, because you know.... PHYSICS!

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
That's absolute bullcrap. It's like they don't even care. Imagine the dilemma if it was Price doing that to someone like McDavid. What would they do then lmao.

if McJesus laughed with the linesmen as soon as he got up and then said it was a big fat nothing play after, methinks he gets the exact same treatment.

As a goalie he got a double minor for a guy who went in feet first. if you think that's suspendable let me do you a public service, never ( even in your weakest moments) google " kent nilsson and ron hextall" and if you ever see the name " Billy smith", avert your eyes. you will thank me later.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Former Habs' prospect Alexander Perezhogin got suspended the year for swinging his stick at a players head and connecting.. the player he swung his stick at initially swung his stick at Perezhogin's head and missed. The player who missed didn't get anything.

Without seeing it, sure sounds like the wrong call.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
You cant suspend "the best player in the game today" some fans would call the cops if that happened :)

BrassBalls

Nov 5, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
I'm honestly kind of stuck on this one. I hate the Habs and I hate their best players even more. But I also love the goaltending position and love the best goalies even more.

Love the whole 'figtht for your crease' mentality but **** me if Carey isn't a smug sob.

I'm torn here.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Please list the goalies that have been suspended for fighting and punching with their blocker. Hint: There are many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad