Price not suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Someone was whining that all Gallagher does is get interference is stand still in the crease.

Plus, if what Palmieri did was "premeditated" (hint: it wasn't), than Gallagher is just as much of a *****.

in response to the guy saying he runs goalies 3-4 times a GAME.

I acknowledged that he gets his fair share of interferenence calls with the overwhelming number of them being him standing still. This falls into the other catergory. Had a wing taken offense, I wouldnt have said peep.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Skates first! He knew what he was doing!! (Am I doing this right Habbies?)

He doesn't even have the excuse of getting pushed like Palmieri does.

Montreal Typical for two reasons. First, the deliberate attempt to injury the other goalie (Gallagher wasn't even touched by a Wings player and he crashed into the goalie skates up). And the second, obviously getting the call from the refs when it very obviously should have been disallowed.

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
Good. He didn't deserve to be suspended. Not a big deal. He felt like someone took a run at him and protected himself. More goalies should do it.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Probably the best example in a long time of just how bush league the NHL is.

Rules apply, unless your a star and then you can do whatever the **** you want.

Players will take notice of this. Hopefully next time whoever it is makes sure to keep his skate blades angled up.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yes I'm a Leafs fan and I drink the Kool-aid too. I can still see that this was not a big deal and goalies need to protect themselves. Close to the line but not across it IMO, players still need to be able to protect their goalie, you just don't mess with the goalie. In this case the goalie was sending the message himself and it was fine.

A better discussion would be should Carrie have to send his own messages about ****ing with him? Yet we're on thread pt. 2 on this and to me there is nothing to discuss, it was fine.

I came from work and read it on my board...then came here expecting exactly what I found.

Got to admit, I've got a pretty big smile out of all the end of the world whining. Now if I could only cyber serve some cheap cooking whine..

PTK

Oct 15, 2010
It's too bad Price didn't drill him right in the mouth and knock a few teeth out. It's the only thing that would make sense of the whining in this thread. Would have been worth a game or 2.

j c petit

Locked-out
Mar 6, 2007
In the blue paint
Yes I'm a Leafs fan and I drink the Kool-aid too. I can still see that this was not a big deal and goalies need to protect themselves. Close to the line but not across it IMO, players still need to be able to protect their goalie, you just don't mess with the goalie. In this case the goalie was sending the message himself and it was fine.

A better discussion would be should Carrie have to send his own messages about ****ing with him? Yet we're on thread pt. 2 on this and to me there is nothing to discuss, it was fine.

You should be commended for not allowing your fandom to cloud your objectivity.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014

Players will take notice of this. Hopefully next time whoever it is makes sure to keep his skate blades angled up.

By your own admission, that is the operating standard. So why are you surprised?

Star players do get away with more, this is not a novel concept. That we are even discussing whether this is suspension worthy is beyond incredulous

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I guess that's what I'm doing, cause if anyone would recognize it, it's a Habs fan.

It was comical listening the whines from the stands everytime a Devil got within a yard (or a meter if that makes you feel better) of Canadien.

trying to balance out Corey schneider is a hard job, who did more than his fair share of complaining to the refs.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

next time ? wasn't that last time ?

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
that video was in a tv time out after prust speared him and didnt bishop then throw punches with his blocker at prust ? Isnt that what you are blaming price for ?

just wondering how many games was bishop suspended for throwing blockered punches at a well-deserving prust ? I remember it like it was yesterday, everyone in the habs group ignoring what precipiated the whole thing and fixating on what the mean old goalie did and crying, pleading, wailing that he be suspended.

or not.
Never in any of my posts did I blame Price once for hitting Palmieri with his blocker. What I blame him for is for throwing at a player that has his back turned and is laying on the ice. That is why I brought up the Bishop-Prust example as something that would be alright to do in Price's situation if he felt the need to do it.
LOL.

So glad Price is a hab. Coward? Price isn't a coward he stood up for himself and said he isn't going to take it anymore.

Respect, thats what Price has across the league. Everyone knows he is the best there is out there and a true inspiration for youngsters across Canada especially native peoples.

Price got a double minor and NJ had the chance to make the habs pay. Instead they turtled and folded. Schnider spent the rest of the game whining to the refs for a call on every goal and the rest of his team watched as the habs pushed the pace.

If NJ wanted revenge take it out on the scoreboard on a habs team missing its best forward. Instead they made the habs look like the 1970's version of the habs not the 2015 version.
If he wanted respecKt he should have thrown at Palmieri when they were both standing. How is it not cowardly to throw blindside punches at a player laying on the ice?

BrassBalls

Nov 5, 2016
Ottawa, Canada

Just imaging getting pummeled with such finely hand-crafted material such as this...

It's ****ing scary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Blocker punches should be instant suspensions.

Price's explanation that he has to "stick up for himself" every once in a while is rich when Montreal has one of the biggest goaltender runners in the league [Gallagher]

When have you ever seen Gallagher "run" a goalie ?

He crowds them, he even bumps them, but run them (as in crash into them) ?

Be honest.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Never in any of my posts did I blame Price once for hitting Palmieri with his blocker. What I blame him for is for throwing at a player that has his back turned and is laying on the ice. That is why I brought up the Bishop-Prust example as something that would be alright to do in Price's situation if he felt the need to do it.

If he wanted respecKt he should have thrown at Palmieri when they were both standing. How is it not cowardly to throw blindside punches at a player laying on the ice?

you run the goalie, you arent afforded normal protections. Same ways if you run a guy in the numbers, even if you didnt mean to and dont want to fight, your right to refuse is revoked. best example, fleischman run gorges from behind and answers to white.

So you expect the world's best goalie, after being run, to stand up and challenge palmeri to a fight ? In what freaking world ? again for all of the pearl clutching you should be thanking your lucky stars that 6 wasnt on the ice because he too would have been 100% justified at going with palmeri whether he wanted or not.

and which of those shots to the back is causing you such consternation when the person who actually got punched in the back doesnt have a problem with it ? Why are you feigning more offense than the aggreived over a nothing play ?

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida

Just imaging getting pummeled with such finely hand-crafted material such as this...

It's ****ing scary.

Well I'm glad someone said it. This is the world we're moving into folks.:shakehead

Goalie blockers are actually pretty hard. Also, that video is very outdated. Most modern pads today are pretty stiff. Not that it matters since it was the blocker that price used. Just saying. :popcorn:

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
When have you ever seen Gallagher "run" a goalie ?

He crowds them, he even bumps them, but run them (as in crash into them) ?

Be honest.

Just scroll up a little bit. He doesn't even get touched, and he goes flying in, skates up right into Mrazek's knee.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
Lundqvist threw 1 punch, Price threw 5. 4 After he was already on the ice face-down defenseless, but yeah sure it's the exact same thing :sarcasm: Also in both instances the D-man pushed each player into his own goalie like an idiot.

EDIT: Dubinsky was the one who pushed Patches into Lundqvist

Difference is the 1 punch Hank threw connected with the head while Price hit shoulder and then punched in the back.

The rule specifies "Head" as a criteria which Price's incident did not meet.

jrmysell

Feb 7, 2015
St. Kitts
gallagher gets interference penalties for standing on the edge of the blue. He doesnt run goalies and he certainly doesnt kreider them feet first like plamieri did. 99% of his contact with goalies is him standing still or getting pushed into the goalie.

And he routinely gets manhandled and it never gets called. What do habs fans do ? accept it as the cost of doing business and not embarrass ourselves by crying for suspension on what amounts to a double minor.

Gallagher running goalies, har de har har.

Few years ago, Habs fans cried to have a player literally charged for assault on a legal hit...

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Me reading this thread: Wow, it sounds like what Price did was pretty terrible.

Then I watched the video and was like: Oh, Palmieri collided with him. See, Palmieri? See, that's what you get for crashing into a goalie...

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
you run the goalie, you arent afforded normal protections. Same ways if you run a guy in the numbers, even if you didnt mean to and dont want to fight, your right to refuse is revoked. best example, fleischman run gorges from behind and answers to white.

So you expect the world's best goalie, after being run, to stand up and challenge palmeri to a fight ? In what freaking world ? again for all of the pearl clutching you should be thanking your lucky stars that 6 wasnt on the ice because he too would have been 100% justified at going with palmeri whether he wanted or not.

and which of those shots to the back is causing you such consternation when the person who actually got punched in the back doesnt have a problem with it ? Why are you feigning more offense than the aggreived over a nothing play ?
Plays like that happen all the time. It turns into the JFK assassination when Price is involved. Most of the time it's largely the defender's fault just like it was Petry's. In fact Petry trying to drag him out of the way speaks volumes about the whole situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad