Price not suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Someone will run Price next time these two play, and deservedly put him out of action for a little while.

And if they do it will be considered premeditated and thus actually violent and suspendable.

Funny, people can be against what Price did and call him classless yet at the same time they're thinking about the violent revenge that could take place :laugh:

I think people are just pissed at how good Price is playing and the Habs keep winning and winning and they want Price compromised in some way (might be a dark part of me that wants that too but at least I can filter it as a bad thought) and making way too big a deal out of this.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
You really got to think what would happen if a skater somehow found an NHL regulation blocker in his hand and just started beating away on an opponent the way Price chose to. Would the reaction from the league/fans be the same? People would be straight out calling for the guy's head!

Yes, that would be a very unique situation.

dkhockey

May 27, 2007
Europe
Someone will run Price next time these two play, and deservedly put him out of action for a little while.

yes, a couple of years back, you would have players on your team that would dress especially for games like these......... Friday, January 20, 2017 in NJ,

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Well Gallagher runs goalies 3-4 times a game. Maybe people in glass houses (or glass goalies) shouldn't throw stones.

Skates first! He knew what he was doing!! (Am I doing this right Habbies?)

He doesn't even have the excuse of getting pushed like Palmieri does.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
you see goalies routinely dropping the gloves and going with players ? Really ?
I never stated that. All I said was that if Price had a problem with Palmieri, he could've waited until Palmieri got up and done the same exact thing Bishop did to Prust in the video I posted. That would've been an appropriate action for Price to take instead of cowardly punching a defenseless player that is laying on the ice.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

I'm not sure what your point is?
That Gallagher can run a goaltender? Yes he can like many players have done.

If the goaltender smack Gallagher head after he would have seen it coming and move on. Palmieri knows that when you have contact with the goaltender you usually get repercussion. I know for a fact I once fell down on a goaltender by accident and the defenseman slashed me and hit me. I had it coming by going to the net. This is hockey folk and this will continue to happen.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm really upset about this. Why didn't Price whack him in the stick? Nothing says don't crash my crease like .......a love tap from a two hander!

As for all the whining, I' got some cooking wine to go with it.......:laugh:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I'm not sure what you point is?

Someone was whining that all Gallagher does is get interference is stand still in the crease.

Plus, if what Palmieri did was "premeditated" (hint: it wasn't), than Gallagher is just as much of a *****.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Someone was whining that all Gallagher does is get interference is stand still in the crease.

Plus, if what Palmieri did was "premeditated" (hint: it wasn't), than Gallagher is just as much of a *****.

This thread is about Price being a *****, not Gallagher

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
And if they do it will be considered premeditated and thus actually violent and suspendable.

Funny, people can be against what Price did and call him classless yet at the same time they're thinking about the violent revenge that could take place :laugh:

I think people are just pissed at how good Price is playing and the Habs keep winning and winning and they want Price compromised in some way (might be a dark part of me that wants that too but at least I can filter it as a bad thought) and making way too big a deal out of this.

Are you SURE you a re a Leafs fan? :handclap:

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
The correct decision was made by the NHL. Guys take too many liberties with goalies anymore and I think it is time the goalies start to give some of it back. Start giving them a little Hextall or Billy Smith treatment and get them out of your crease and away from bowling you over. As a goalie myself een if my own team crowds my crease I give them a good chop in the leg or the ankle to let them know to stay out.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013

Now see that's a nice goal.Even the ref, and Toronto thought so.
Got some more nice goals to show.:yo:

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
LOL.

So glad Price is a hab. Coward? Price isn't a coward he stood up for himself and said he isn't going to take it anymore.

Respect, thats what Price has across the league. Everyone knows he is the best there is out there and a true inspiration for youngsters across Canada especially native peoples.

Price got a double minor and NJ had the chance to make the habs pay. Instead they turtled and folded. Schnider spent the rest of the game whining to the refs for a call on every goal and the rest of his team watched as the habs pushed the pace.

If NJ wanted revenge take it out on the scoreboard on a habs team missing its best forward. Instead they made the habs look like the 1970's version of the habs not the 2015 version.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I never stated that. All I said was that if Price had a problem with Palmieri, he could've waited until Palmieri got up and done the same exact thing Bishop did to Prust in the video I posted. That would've been an appropriate action for Price to take instead of cowardly punching a defenseless player that is laying on the ice.

that video was in a tv time out after prust speared him and didnt bishop then throw punches with his blocker at prust ? Isnt that what you are blaming price for ?

just wondering how many games was bishop suspended for throwing blockered punches at a well-deserving prust ? I remember it like it was yesterday, everyone in the habs group ignoring what precipiated the whole thing and fixating on what the mean old goalie did and crying, pleading, wailing that he be suspended.

or not.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Goalies should get suspended on principle alone for incidents like this. Let the guys who can take a hit handle it...

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
palmieri is very thankful for price smackin him around a bit. it saved him from having the snot pounded out of him by shea weber. which is what will happen next jersey game if anyone tries to get "revenge", which they obviously would never try on price anyway.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
The correct decision was made by the NHL. Guys take too many liberties with goalies anymore and I think it is time the goalies start to give some of it back. Start giving them a little Hextall or Billy Smith treatment and get them out of your crease and away from bowling you over. As a goalie myself een if my own team crowds my crease I give them a good chop in the leg or the ankle to let them know to stay out.

i saw a beauty with eddie belfour today against marty lapointe. first the leg then the " wherever".

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The best thing about this whole situation is Price is ours.:yo:

HF Boards just got Priced.:popcorn:

Yooo...share that popcorn!

I love how know nothings are not experts on "blocker punches" after seeing a real blocker in a sports shop. Blockers bend and absorb all the force of the blow. At best, you have a momentum push from one but hardly what one can call a punch. That's why I'm upset he didn't use the stick....... :laugh:

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Are you SURE you a re a Leafs fan? :handclap:

Yes I'm a Leafs fan and I drink the Kool-aid too. I can still see that this was not a big deal and goalies need to protect themselves. Close to the line but not across it IMO, players still need to be able to protect their goalie, you just don't mess with the goalie. In this case the goalie was sending the message himself and it was fine.

A better discussion would be should Carrie have to send his own messages about ****ing with him? Yet we're on thread pt. 2 on this and to me there is nothing to discuss, it was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad