Price not suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Montreal Typical for two reasons. First, the deliberate attempt to injury the other goalie (Gallagher wasn't even touched by a Wings player and he crashed into the goalie skates up). And the second, obviously getting the call from the refs when it very obviously should have been disallowed.

you know right from the start here that a poster opinion is biased when he start is comment with

''Montreal typical''

sorry but....point not taken

:laugh:

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Me reading this thread: Wow, it sounds like what Price did was pretty terrible.

Then I watched the video and was like: Oh, Palmieri collided with him. See, Palmieri? See, that's what you get for crashing into a goalie...

Great summarization.

but let's add the bit where Palmieri is like "yeah I deserved that"

People are getting so bent out of shape on this it's actually weird :laugh:

Price threw one questionable punch, thought better of it and moved to some back rib punches to make his point, the receiving player accepts that it was totally valid......

Somehow Price is now Satan :shakehead

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Well done by Price.

Leafs/Ottawa/NJ fans are pretty funny in this thread!!!! They should try to play the game instead of judging the best player in the NHL. Its sad that this site is 90% under 20 years old..... they would know how hockey was played in the 80s and 90s.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Should be a small suspension, I mean, Palmieri barely touched him (and it was not in purpose) and Price reacted like if he nearly got killed. I would suspend him 1 game.

BrassBalls

Nov 5, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
That you'll need to explain, if only to preserve any shred of credibility... :laugh:

The "calm 99% of the time" mixed with "take-your-head-off 1% of the time" characteristic is something usually found and studied on the History or TLC type channels. Just saying though. Can only "calls 'em as I see's 'em." :laugh:

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Such a stupid consistent argument here. Even if he did push him it doesn't matter, if you go full steam into the goalie and hit him regardless if you get pushed or tripped up it's still your responsibility to accept the consequences.

Makes sense. If a player pushes you into your goalie, it's the falling players fault. Absolutely has nothing to do with the defending player directing him into the net.

Ironic

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
you run the goalie, you arent afforded normal protections. Same ways if you run a guy in the numbers, even if you didnt mean to and dont want to fight, your right to refuse is revoked. best example, fleischman run gorges from behind and answers to white.

So you expect the world's best goalie, after being run, to stand up and challenge palmeri to a fight ? In what freaking world ? again for all of the pearl clutching you should be thanking your lucky stars that 6 wasnt on the ice because he too would have been 100% justified at going with palmeri whether he wanted or not.

and which of those shots to the back is causing you such consternation when the person who actually got punched in the back doesnt have a problem with it ? Why are you feigning more offense than the aggreived over a nothing play ?
1. Are you even reading my posts?
2. I'm not a Devils fan.
3. I agree that if you run someone whether goalie or not, that player should face repercussions.
4. I NEVER stated Price should have gone up to Palmieri and challenge him to a fight.
5. To the bolded, all of it. What I have a problem with, like I have stated multiple times in this thread replying to your posts, IS NOT SOME FORM OF RETALIATION FROM PRICE, it is Price throwing blindside punches at a player laying on the ice without any way of protecting himself. In fact, I might not even have a problem with it because I don't really care if Price got suspended or not, I just think it was a cowardly move.
6. I don't care if Palmieri doesn't care what happened, he isn't my mother.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Well done by Price.

Leafs/Ottawa/NJ fans are pretty funny in this thread!!!! They should try to play the game instead of judging the best player in the NHL. Its sad that this site is 90% under 20 years old..... they would know how hockey was played in the 80s and 90s.

Except it's 2016 and not the 80's/90's. In the 80's/90/s hooking and blindside hits, headshots were all legal and players knew the risk involved. Much different here. Not sure why habs fans have such a hard time accepting Price acted like a clown there. If Andersen does something like that here i'll be the first to call him out on it. Dumb play on Price's part period. Petry as well, he should know better than to push a guy towards his goal. He should've been pushing him away from the net and keeping the crease clear.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Should be a small suspension, I mean, Palmieri barely touched him (and it was not in purpose) and Price reacted like if he nearly got killed. I would suspend him 1 game.

Price was upset that there was no goalie interference penalty on the previous goal he allowed, this was the reason for his reaction. I think most fans would agree that the vast majority of goalies would get a one game suspension for this and that's why you're seeing a lot of hate here. I just hope that the NHL stays consistent and doesn't suspend a player for similar action.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Lovin' the psychological projection from the Habs. They deliberately try to injure goalies more than any other team. Ofcourse they're going to be sensitive when it comes to their own net. What's particularly troublesome is the fact that goalies usually get suspended for one hit to the face of a Habs (see: Emery on Lapierre). But Price does it repeatedly to a defenseless player pinned to ice by another Habs player, it's ok. Montreal typical I guess...

Hopefully your hubris is not too big so that you do realize that you saying it doesn't make it true...

But I'm not surprised by your post.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
BREAKING NEWS....

This just in. Price has been nominated for Golden Boxing Blocker Award

GLEN_A1082C.jpg

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Except it's 2016 and not the 80's/90's. In the 80's/90/s hooking and blindside hits, headshots were all legal and players knew the risk involved. Much different here. Not sure why habs fans have such a hard time accepting Price acted like a clown there. If Andersen does something like that here i'll be the first to call him out on it. Dumb play on Price's part period. Petry as well, he should know better than to push a guy towards his goal. He should've been pushing him away from the net and keeping the crease clear.

Come on, guys, it's [current year]

Positive Vibes

im just here to argue
Jun 24, 2016
Depths of Hell
Probably the best example in a long time of just how bush league the NHL is.

Rules apply, unless your a star and then you can do whatever the **** you want.

Players will take notice of this. Hopefully next time whoever it is makes sure to keep his skate blades angled up.

that a pretty disgusting comment even if your trying to troll lmfao re think your life

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Goalie blockers are actually pretty hard. Also, that video is very outdated. Most modern pads today are pretty stiff. Not that it matters since it was the blocker that price used. Just saying. :popcorn:

I make goalie gear and the blocker is high density foam someone in one of the other threads said a blocker had metal in it which couldn`t be further from the truth. It is all foam made for durability and protection. In the 80s a blocker had a hard plastic liner within it which would cause a lot more damage when being hit with it.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Plays like that happen all the time. It turns into the JFK assassination when Price is involved. Most of the time it's largely the defender's fault just like it was Petry's. In fact Petry trying to drag him out of the way speaks volumes about the whole situation.

Yep.

Everyone is out to get Price. He's gotta protect himself! - Paranoid Montreal fans

The hockey mecca hasn't gotten close to a cup in almost 25 years. That's gotta be frustrating.

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
good to know that there is still some common sense left in this world

old school hockey is the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad