Premier League 2020-2021 (Part I)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny

Aug 10, 2011
London
Manu’s problems are not getting fixed, all 4 defenders are awful, the midfield lacks movement, Pogba is on the decline since Jose coached the team, their strikers are not top either. The coach is also mediocre. The gm sucks. It is a joke of a club at this moment. DVB Made a huge mistake signing there.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Think people are way too harsh on Utd. Yeah they’ve looked shit in the league but it’s been two games Lol. They’ve also score 10 goals in 4 games this year and have a bunch of clinical scorers that’ll get them enough points for top 4.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Think people are way too harsh on Utd. Yeah they’ve looked shit in the league but it’s been two games Lol. They’ve also score 10 goals in 4 games this year and have a bunch of clinical scorers that’ll get them enough points for top 4.
People are always too negative or positive early on. I still remember when Conte started rough and then dominated the league.

Reactions: Cassano

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
You're telling me lol. I think there are plenty of things to criticize them for but their attack(starters) should be fine going forwards.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
You're telling me lol. I think there are plenty of things to criticize them for but their attack(starters) should be fine going forwards.
The sheer number of goals they score at that rate they’ll get top 4 unless it’s a historically bad defense. Which I don’t think they have.

On the other hand I have more questions about Spurs and Arsenal if they can score enough goals in them consistently.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The sheer number of goals they score at that rate they’ll get top 4 unless it’s a historically bad defense. Which I don’t think they have.

On the other hand I have more questions about Spurs and Arsenal if they can score enough goals in them consistently.
I think our defense is above average and that our starting lineup is probably the 4th best in the league. The issue is the drop off after the starting XI is pretty horrific.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
People are always too negative or positive early on. I still remember when Conte started rough and then dominated the league.
Except that this is not Solskjær's first year. He should know the players and have a working system by now. That squad is also paper thin. They have to rely on a very young player like Greenwood for production and the moment injuries hit the quality goes down dramatically throughout the whole line up. They had to run Rashford into the ground last season because guys like Lingard and James are simply not up to par. I could go on and on but i am not a fan so i do not care enough for that.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Except that this is not Solskjær's first year. He should know the players and have a working system by now. That squad is also paper thin. They have to rely on a very young player like Greenwood for production and the moment injuries hit the quality goes down dramatically throughout the whole line up. They had to run Rashford into the ground last season because guys like Lingard and James are simply not up to par. I could go on and on but i am not a fan so i do not care enough for that.

His system got them third last year. Seems a little silly to decide suddenly the system is broke because of two games at the start of the season when they basically didn’t have a pre-season.

Also not sure why a thin side is his issue. Literally every reporter who says anything about United identified that he wanted an RW, a CB, and an LB this window and has so far got none.

There’s plenty you can criticize OGS for, but doing it because of a thin squad or because of these two games seems a little silly.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It's "World Smile Day" apparently, and some Chelsea fan made this and it's very accurate.

yk0sawqyenq51.jpg

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Wouldn't surprise me if more Liverpool players will test positive soon then. Let's just hope they haven't been in a position where they possibly could have spread it to people in the risk group. Athletes and young people who has caught it hasn't really shown to be that affected by it in general. From a football stand point timing could be worse since there's a national team break coming up

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Will be interesting to see if anyone will struggle Dybala-style to get fit. Other than that this is just like a player getting the flu. Arguably getting the flu is worse when you are below 60 so...

My guess most teams will have players testing positive. You can only pray it happens one, two, three players at the time and not 13.

gnr25

May 22, 2008
Ottawa
Only Europe and South America have competitive matches during the international break. Other continents are off or only having friendlies.

So if players are asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms, they could be match fit by October 17th.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I was coming in to post the tweet below and make a comment about how every team needs to follow what ever Pool is doing to keep their team on the pitch. Covid kind of ruining the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad