Premier League 2020-2021 (Part I)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I was coming in to post the tweet below and make a comment about how every team needs to follow what ever Pool is doing to keep their team on the pitch. Covid kind of ruining the moment.

They have a mandated team diet, players are supposed to report everything they eat and their physical training is tailored around that. The players also do play when injured. Mane for example broke his hand and just kept playing.

Also, let's be captain obvious. Every top flight team is on dope. They have a good program.

They all have asthma...

You think your team doesn't dope? lol.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
They have a mandated team diet, players are supposed to report everything they eat and their physical training is tailored around that. The players also do play when injured. Mane for example broke his hand and just kept playing.
True everyone has the vigilant diet and training. It is miraculous the rate at which they have stayed healthy though, no major knee or ankle injuries from any of the key players.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

Also, let's be captain obvious. Every top flight team is on dope. They have a good program.

You think your team doesn't dope? lol.
My team has an injury crisis every year, so no, I don't think they "dope".

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
There are also legal supplements that should definitely not be legal in athletic competition. I'm not certainly stating that players are shooting banned drugs into their ass. Maybe they are, but everyone is at the very least doing the thing I mentioned in the first sentence.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Holy shit, you cannot be serious.

1) Please describe to me in detail how the below translates into "players are doping".
A statement from the FA on Tuesday confirmed that West Ham breached its rules. They were given seven days to respond and it is understood they will blame a computer glitch affecting the way the addresses of players appear on a form.

While the club said they are treating the matter with the utmost seriousness they maintain each of the alleged breaches are accidental and by no means intentional actions to evade FA anti-doping procedures.

A West Ham United spokesman said: “The breach relates to administrative oversights on the FA’s whereabouts system, for example a player’s address had been registered and the house number digits transposed, and the club will be responding to the FA in due course. We would like to make it clear that the breach is a club administrative matter and does not concern any of our players.”

2. Samir Nasri was on the team for about 4 minutes and played 5 games. Your big smoking gun is that they signed him after he had already been caught doping. Are you even trying right now? This is pathetic.

3. Robert Snodgrass, banter king, joked to a doping official, saying "Haven't you got anything better to be doing?" when they came to the training ground for tests (of which, he wasn't even selected). Again, please show me in detail, how any of this points to extensive doping at West Ham.

I'm honestly shocked you even wasted the time finding and posting those links.

And I don't agree with the premise that "every club" is doping.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
River Plate had a bunch of players suspended due to doping. They claimed it was due to contamination but take that how you like. Not sure who's argument that supports lol.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Tbf elite athletes tend to have asthma at a higher rate compared to us humans due to exercise, combine that with cold weather and you have an even higher rate.

With that said teams and athletes takes every chance they get to legitimate asthma medication, not just in football

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, if anyone is, Adama Traore is doping. But... yeah, I wouldn't be shocked.

Liverpool do have an elite training regimen and tailored meals. They're also at the top of advancements in tracking their cool down and fitness levels. But, yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if there was some medicinal help.

Either way, Mane getting Covid is not good. Most likely won't be the last.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Doping isn't about having big muscles, he's no more likely than anyone else in the game to be on something. Every team is using PEDs, and it's rampant at the top level of every professional sport. It's not a secret.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It goes beyond diet or supposed doping.
Pool has been lucky with injuries. Injuries also happen in games and training through tackles, twists and breaks.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

But you know some HFboards experts aren't convinced...
I mean, didn't he fail at Lille?
What's his trophy case again?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I find interesting there's a lot of talk about Bielsa lately... considering he's been coaching for 3 decades now. He is who he is a brilliant, innovative manager but is just to crazy to last long in one place. He's never coached a club team for more than 2 years for a reason.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I find interesting there's a lot of talk about Bielsa lately... considering he's been coaching for 3 decades now. He is who he is a brilliant, innovative manager but is just to crazy to last long in one place. He's never coached a club team for more than 2 years for a reason.
Who cares?
He's exciting to watch. And I talked about him years ago.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Doping isn't about having big muscles, he's no more likely than anyone else in the game to be on something. Every team is using PEDs, and it's rampant at the top level of every professional sport. It's not a secret.
Right. When MLB had their big investigations for PED's, sure you had a bunch of sluggers that made the headlines, but vast majority were smaller players in the minors looking for every advantage possible to get to the majors. Another thing that isn't talked out with banned substances, is how many drugs that are banned that aren't used for performance enhancing purposes. It might be shocking how many things aren't banned, but it's just as shocking to see how many things are banned.

Reactions: YNWA14

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Right. When MLB had their big investigations for PED's, sure you had a bunch of sluggers that made the headlines, but vast majority were smaller players in the minors looking for every advantage possible to get to the majors. Another thing that isn't talked out with banned substances, is how many drugs that are banned that aren't used for performance enhancing purposes. It might be shocking how many things aren't banned, but it's just as shocking to see how many things are banned.
resize

I mean... yeah. It's possible. But the dude also says he "doesn't life weights".

I'm fully aware there are certainly some guys on Liverpool's books who probably juice. I don't even really think I have a problem with it. But it's pretty obvious that some guys have 'transformed' their bodies. The crazy part of some of it, the muscle mass really isn't even the biggest thing for top level pros. It's the ability to get ready and fit for the next match.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
resize

I mean... yeah. It's possible. But the dude also says he "doesn't life weights".

I'm fully aware there are certainly some guys on Liverpool's books who probably juice. I don't even really think I have a problem with it. But it's pretty obvious that some guys have 'transformed' their bodies. The crazy part of some of it, the muscle mass really isn't even the biggest thing for top level pros. It's the ability to get ready and fit for the next match.
And you don't have to specifically lift weights to build muscle mass.

You are right, muscle mass is always the trap that people fall into for who they assume uses PEDs. Those drugs/supplements are mainly used for recovery, sometimes it's to get more workouts/trainings in and sometimes it's to recover in between games. And even it's for more workouts/trainings, it doesn't mean those users are doing it to specifically bulk up. That's why it's silly to just blindly assume some are dirty and some are clean. Not saying you or any other posters are doing that, just saying as a general statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille