Premier League 2019-20 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Silva should get fired, but Moyes?

I wonder what happened to him. Not that I follow Greek football outside European games, but his record for a young coach both in Portugal and Greece was impressive. His Hull-team looked great all things considering and for awhile Watford the same. I thought he would do excellently for Everton and at times at the end of last season they were finally starting to play some decent football. This season they have been shocking. Everton - Spurs is one of the poorest games I have ever seen between two teams that should be half decent.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Matt Law reporting that Arsenal players' losing (or have already lost) faith in Emery. Mentions that a lot of players are confused (no **** Sherlock, you can see it out there on the pitch), lack of tactics, and doubtful in him having the ability to overcome what's already been done. One is that he constantly changes his tactics which creates bad decision which a source says from the players.

Rumours are if they fire Emery, Ljungberg would be the favourites to replace Unai until the end of the season where a permanent solution would be found. Law mentions the two main candidates would be Arteta and Nagelsmann. We already ****ed up once by not getting Nagelsmann, can't do it a second time.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Dribble kings Grealish and Saint-Maximin among league's best

Interesting read on who the best players in the league have been at carrying the ball this season.
Very interesting also highlighting the importance of Liverpool's fullbacks even further (though this is nothing super new). At the end of the day it makes sense given the 'favourites' who tend to have the ball more will be given more space through the fullbacks while teams that sit back on the counter will more likely have more space for their forwards/wingers to attack when they do get on the ball.

With Pereira up there (and it wouldn't surprise me if Chilwell is not too far behind) I'd be interested to see how much of Liverpool's approach Rodgers has attempted to emulate in terms of wingback usage and importance to his system.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Very interesting also highlighting the importance of Liverpool's fullbacks even further (though this is nothing super new). At the end of the day it makes sense given the 'favourites' who tend to have the ball more will be given more space through the fullbacks while teams that sit back on the counter will more likely have more space for their forwards/wingers to attack when they do get on the ball.

With Pereira up there (and it wouldn't surprise me if Chilwell is not too far behind) I'd be interested to see how much of Liverpool's approach Rodgers has attempted to emulate in terms of wingback usage and importance to his system.
Would really like to get Pereira to LFC and get Trent into midfield.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Unsurprising to see Rashford and James with very high average carry distance given that most of our offensive "system" is a wide player sprinting down the wing and hoping something good happens.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

I was arguing this earlier in the season and stand behind It still, Pereira is one of the best fullbacks in the league and really underrated.

Reactions: YNWA14

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lol I told a friend of mine on Saturday that if Pep had Trent he would be playing in the midfield. Funny.
Trent was always a midfielder coming up. Put him at RB to get him into the team. Think he finds his was back to the midfield sooner than later, but Klopp will probably want to give him a preseason training at that position to do so. I think Trent in midfielder and a better defensive RB is the easiest (not sure easiest is the right word) way to improve the team.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sounds like Fabinho might be out all of December.

I'm not too worried about it. Wijnaldum slots into the 6 just fine, if not better. Though apparently Lallana will get some reps there which is...eh. My preference would be:

Wijnaldum
Henderson - Ox

With Keita, Milner and I guess...Lallana rotating in when needed.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I hope Liverpool win the league as Spurs are not going to win it (I rather see Liverpool winning that plastic fantastic), but that is a team that has been remarkably lucky with injuries for quite awhile. van Dijk, Robertson, Salah, Mane etc. have been available game after game. This for a team that have played more tough games than any other with a style that should normally take its toll.

Now some will mention Firmino etc. - not suggesting Liverpool haven't had injuries, but the core has always been fairly intact.

Got plenty of depth in midfield. Every injury hurts, but it would be a much bigger issue if it was van Dijk or one of the front 3.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Got plenty of depth in midfield. Every injury hurts, but it would be a much bigger issue if it was van Dijk or one of the front 3.
Not at the 6.

I mean LFC survived Alisson being out 8 weeks but Fabinho helped that a lot. There aren’t a lot of Fabinho type players in the world.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Not at the 6.

I mean LFC survived Alisson being out 8 weeks but Fabinho helped that a lot. There aren’t a lot of Fabinho type players in the world.

I really like Fabinho, but it is only about 12 months since he started to play well for Liverpool. And it is not like there is a lot of players in the PL better than Wijnaldum as 6.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I really like Fabinho, but it is only about 12 months since he started to play well for Liverpool. And it is not like there is a lot of players in the PL better than Wijnaldum as 6.
Sure. But if Wijnaldum is playing 6, then they don’t have him in his best spot. Trickle down effect. And the team isn’t keeping clean sheets as it is

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Sure. But if Wijnaldum is playing 6, then they don’t have him in his best spot. Trickle down effect. And the team isn’t keeping clean sheets as it is

Absolutely. Every injury is a problem, but to me losing Fabinho is a lot easier to cope with than any of the front 3, van Dijk and I would also add at least Robertson. Probably also Trent. Partly because of the trickle down effect. Less depth than in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad