Premier League 2019-20 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Lots of rumors that Saudis, specifically MbS, are buying United for around 4 billion pounds.

I absolutely hate the idea and may legitimately stop being a fan if it’s true.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Oliver is the only ref in the league that deserves that fixture.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Lots of rumors that Saudis, specifically MbS, are buying United for around 4 billion pounds.

I'd be fascinated to see the reaction of MbS buying United. Hope it doesn't happen for non-sporting reasons, but the world's reaction would be something.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'd be fascinated to see the reaction of MbS buying United. Hope it doesn't happen for non-sporting reasons, but the world's reaction would be something.

It’s tough because let’s be real, just about everyone who owns a team or has the money to buy a team is pretty shitty in some form. Most I would say in a more capitalistic form, but MbS is just a horrible human on so many levels that it feels different with him.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Don’t know the backstory here. Would someone be able to shed light on why he’s so bad?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It’s tough because let’s be real, just about everyone who owns a team or has the money to buy a team is pretty ****ty in some form. Most I would say in a more capitalistic form, but MbS is just a horrible human on so many levels that it feels different with him.
Right. Like even with Roman, I'm sure he's done some shady and illegal stuff in business. With MbS, you have the same feelings, but regards to human rights. It's just such a different type of pill to swallow.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It’s tough because let’s be real, just about everyone who owns a team or has the money to buy a team is pretty ****ty in some form. Most I would say in a more capitalistic form, but MbS is just a horrible human on so many levels that it feels different with him.

city’s is pretty bad too but once the good footy starts rolling i for one forget it

Don’t know the backstory here. Would someone be able to shed light on why he’s so bad?

lol

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Where to start... he kills reporters who stick up for womens rights, he basically submits minorities to slavery, he gives women no rights, and he bombed a hospital in Yemen. Off the top of my head that's what I can think of, he's just an evil dictator that is just one of, if not the worst people currently alive right now.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
City's owners are lesser known to people that aren't knowledgeable on it though. MbS is just a much bigger figure to the general public.
True but it doesn’t make it better. Like Chevy for instance who have killed more than MBS but do not have a face.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Where to start... he kills reporters who stick up for womens rights, he basically submits minorities to slavery, he gives women no rights, and he bombed a hospital in Yemen. Off the top of my head that's what I can think of, he's just an evil dictator that is just one of, if not the worst people currently alive right now.

Yeah, most likely he ordered the Jamal Khashoggi killing.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Right. Like even with Roman, I'm sure he's done some shady and illegal stuff in business. With MbS, you have the same feelings, but regards to human rights. It's just such a different type of pill to swallow.

It's definitely different. And like I said, it's not like most owners are "saints", I'd even say that almost all of them have done very very shitty things. But few of them violate human rights like MbS does.

city’s is pretty bad too but once the good footy starts rolling i for one forget it.

I mean I'm sure United would end up being a really good team again with MbS at the helm, similar to how City became a power.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

He's not quite as bad/brutal as Kim Jong Un or Assad, but he's easily in the top 5 and in terms of countries with a major international foothold, he's right near the top.

The bombings in Yemen (or civilians, schools and hospitals), jailing of women's rights activists, treatment of minorities inside Saudi Arabia, killing of Khashoggi, and arresting and confiscating/stealing 100 billion in wealth to fund his empire/PR campaign are some of the highlights.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He's not quite as bad/brutal as Kim Jong Un or Assad, but he's easily in the top 5 and in terms of countries with a major international foothold, he's right near the top.

The bombings in Yemen (or civilians, schools and hospitals), jailing of women's rights activists, treatment of minorities inside Saudi Arabia, killing of Khashoggi, and arresting and confiscating/stealing 100 billion in wealth to fund his empire/PR campaign are some of the highlights.

lol he is INFINITELY worse.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Sorry, just to clarify. You mean Assad is infinitely worse, or MbS is infinitely worse?

I'm assuming the former...
You're talking to classic super-leftist reactionary.

Of course Assad isn't as bad to him, he's aligned against the "West". Chlorine gassings and barrel bombs be damned.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Sorry, just to clarify. You mean Assad is infinitely worse, or MbS is infinitely worse?

I'm assuming the former...

MBS is definitely worse. Like way worse.

You're talking to classic super-leftist reactionary.

Of course Assad isn't as bad to him, he's aligned against the "West". Chlorine gassings and barrel bombs be damned.

I'm definitely not a leftist. and the rest of the stuff lol

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
On an actual footballing note...apparently Son's red card has been overturned. Son is probably one of my favourite non-Liverpool/Dutch players but this is farcical IMO.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
There aren't any rules to prevent certain people from owning a club?

So technically Kim Jong Un can buy an English club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad