Premier League 2019-20 part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
There aren't any rules to prevent certain people from owning a club?

So technically Kim Jong Un can buy an English club?
I'm not sure of the exact rules for the sporting side, but governmental sanctions and regulations would still be in effect. The government side is part of what has fueled rumors that Roman is open to selling Chelsea.

I imagine Kim Jong Un would not be allowed to purchase an English club.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
There aren't any rules to prevent certain people from owning a club?

So technically Kim Jong Un can buy an English club?

I have to assume that Kim is under sanctions from the UK government that would prevent him from buying the club. But as far as the FA is concerned, it seems to be more about if you can write the cheque than anything else.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I would imagine there is some sort of FA approval process, just not familiar on it. In NA, the other owners typically have to approve a prospective owner before a sale is final, and they can also wield their influence to force someone out.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Can we just agree the Middle East is a giant mess and the media has always failed to bring us unbiased facts about what is going on there.
If you want to be informed about what’s actually going on, it’s probably best not to rely on the media. For instance the worst things MBS has done isn’t even mentioned on here. Most rest that MBS is bad becuase he killed a reporter, which gained international news. The worst part is largely unknown to most

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Have you never heard the terms "Saudi Arabia" and "human rights" used in close conjunction on a television show called The News
Just because someone is from Saudi Arabia doesn’t mean they’re horrible people. I’m sorry that I don’t have the time to research every little thing about one person. Yes I’ve heard the stories but I didn’t know it was him specifically. Love the condescending response from the all knowing though.

Reactions: S E P H

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Just because someone is from Saudi Arabia doesn’t mean they’re horrible people. I’m sorry that I don’t have the time to research every little thing about one person. Yes I’ve heard the stories but I didn’t know it was him specifically. Love the condescending response from the all knowing though.
He's essentially their leader right now.

I agree, not everyone keeps up with all the news around the world. Most of it is depressing and most people just don't want to focus on it if it doesn't affect them. Too many other things in life to worry about.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He's essentially their leader right now.

I agree, not everyone keeps up with all the news around the world. Most of it is depressing and most people just don't want to focus on it if it doesn't affect them. Too many other things in life to worry about.
Yep exactly my issue. I try to keep up with the big things but I don’t know all the details hence the question. I wasn’t asking because I had an opinion just that I genuinely didn’t know who he was.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Hard to argue that MBS isn’t big. I mean I will never hate on someone who decides not to keep informed, even tho apathy is what condones tragedies.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Hard to argue that MBS isn’t big. I mean I will never hate on someone who decides not to keep informed, even tho apathy is what condones tragedies.
I think the biggest thing for me is that I didn’t have a name/face to it. It was more of knowing about what was going on but not linking it to specific people. I do think that it is best to not be fully informed though because everything is just depressing in the world today.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I think the argument between who's the worst of the world leaders is silly. They all suck. Using chemical weapons on your own people is wrong. So is enforcing a system that subordinates women. So is stealing the resources of the populace to self-aggrandize. At this point, Assad and Un are not rumored to buy a major football clubs, MbS is.

Comparing a leader to a corporation is also silly. Trying to quantify how many people a corporation has killed seems like a foolish task and one that is fraught with difficulty to the point of impossibility. It's much easier with regards to leaders of countries. Regardless, once again, we're stuck with the unassailable fact that Chevrolet does not own a major football team.

Now, there are some highly questionable owners in terms of business practices. Many owners fit this description. However, looking at the harms of certain business practices differs, at least to me, from looking at the actions of dictators and the like. I am fine with saying that it's worse to, say, order the bombing of people than to provide less than a living wage (albeit a legal wage) or to cause pollution.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Xhaka has been officially ripped from captaincy and it has been given to Aubameyang. Hopefully this marks a transfer out from the squad in one of the next upcoming windows.

Serie A come on down!

Reactions: Rob

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Xhaka has been officially ripped from captaincy and it has been given to Aubameyang. Hopefully this marks a transfer out from the squad in one of the next upcoming windows.

Serie A come on down!

Everton want to bid for Xhaka in January apparently. Everton are absolute heroes, they already gave us 60 million pounds for Walcott and Iwobi.

Reactions: maclean

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
There is no way Xhaka is still here a couple months from now. You cannot come back from this if you are Xhaka, not at the Emirates.

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lol, saw this post from AFTV...

"Arsenal’s Captaincy is like Harry Potter’s Defense Against the Dark Arts teaching post. No one lasts for more than a year..."

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Someone put together the table with the strength of schedule so far, the next batch of games, and the rest of the season. Pretty interesting.

so2rw90ljny31.jpg

...and here I had high hopes for West Ham this season. :laugh: Looks good for Sheffield though.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Brighton's middle of the season to the last month is hard. Hoping they can steal some points against bigger teams at home, they will need to if they want to stay up.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Someone put together the table with the strength of schedule so far, the next batch of games, and the rest of the season. Pretty interesting.

so2rw90ljny31.jpg

...and here I had high hopes for West Ham this season. :laugh: Looks good for Sheffield though.
West Ham are still just 4 points out of 5th. It's absurdly tight from 5th to 16th.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
West Ham are still just 4 points out of 5th. It's absurdly tight from 5th to 16th.
Yeah I just meant because they are where they are and have the toughest schedule left of any team. I thought with their roster they could challenge for top 6 along with Wolves and Leicester. Whoops.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah I just meant because they are where they are and have the toughest schedule left of any team. I thought with their roster they could challenge for top 6 along with Wolves and Leicester. Whoops.
I think they still can. That strength of schedule metric isn't all that reliable to me because of the parity in the middle. The difference between the 5th hardest team and the 16th easiest team is minimal based on production. Based on talent, it's all over the place.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think they still can. That strength of schedule metric isn't all that reliable to me because of the parity in the middle. The difference between the 5th hardest team and the 16th easiest team is minimal based on production. Based on talent, it's all over the place.
Yea the difference between the 5th and 16th hardest schedule is negligible.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Norwich City set up a pop-up store at Kamppi mall in Helsinki and expect to sell 90-100K euros worth of merchandise in two days. They already sold 50K worth on Friday.

Reactions: maclean

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I'll say this, West Ham have been playing like absolute, unadulterated shit over the past 2 months. Having said that, they've dropped a couple points solely due to Roberto being trash. Fabianski coming back will be huge in the next month. And Antonio should be back for the next match as well.

Anderson really needs to take his head out of his ass.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
The Sun is reporting that Marco Silvia will be sacked and replaced by Moyes in the coming days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad