Premier League 2017-2018

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I bet a couple Liverpool supporting friends of mine a $100 each that they don't get top-4, so that's my only prediction.

They think you lot are a top-2 lock, for what it's worth :D

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I bet a couple Liverpool supporting friends of mine a $100 each that they don't get top-4, so that's my only prediction.

They think you lot are a top-2 lock, for what it's worth :D

If Liverpool sign van Dijk or another similar defender, you'll lose that $100. But if Klavan is 3rd defender this year, you should be winning.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Does the community shield count as a competitive game for the FA? If so, that means Pedro misses the first 3 games, right?

Going by precedent, he won't miss the first 3. Branislav Ivanovic got a red in the Community Shield in 2012, and then scored on opening day against Wigan.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
As much of a Spurs homer as I am, I can't see them top three with having zero depth and already being injured. No way.

ManCity
Chelsea
ManU
Spurs
Liverpool
Everton
Arsenal

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I have Man City winning/it's theirs to take as of now but yeah it does depend on what happens in the rest of the window if other clubs can improve....if Liverpool hang on to Coutinho, if Chelsea add at least two big signings plus depth, Spurs add depth, Arsenal hold on to Sanchez, etc.

If it pretty much holds as is then I'm confident in ManU getting back into the top 4 but I don't see them ahead of City.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I don't know why but I could see Chelsea dropping off significantly this season. But I agree that I wouldn't want to predict until the window is over. Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and potentially Chelsea at the least should still be making a purchase or two

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't know why but I could see Chelsea dropping off significantly this season. But I agree that I wouldn't want to predict until the window is over. Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and potentially Chelsea at the least should still be making a purchase or two

If Chelsea doesn't make the moves they should before the window closes, I wouldn't expect a top 4 finish.

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
Too hard to predict, all top 6-7 teams have glaring holes on their rosters. This will probably be a year where England has a bad showing in the champions league again. Can't see a team getting to the final 8 unless there's lucky draws.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

As a Chelsea fan, I'm nervous about this year. Simple as that. Our depth is bad and Hazard being injured for the first part of the year is a problem.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Hazard being injured is why I have Chelsea in 4th. Arsenal are being overrated and Liverpool underrated. I'm not worried about Liverpool at all. Spurs are going to struggle which is why I have them dropping to 6th. City are going to walk the league this season IMO. Their depth in attack is insane and being a flat track bully is the best way to win the PL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad