Premier League 2017-2018

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
As a Chelsea fan, I'm nervous about this year. Simple as that. Our depth is bad and Hazard being injured for the first part of the year is a problem.

I was really hoping they would get more depth so they could actually compete on multiple fronts. Unless they buy a couple more guys, right now I think they need to prioritize either Champions League or the EPL, and based on the strength of the squad they have a better chance in the EPL.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
United really should've loaned out Martial to a mid-table club or even Everton. Gonna screw up his development.

Though I don't personally ever sympathize with these young players that go to the bigger teams 2 or 3 seasons before they're ready.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Can some of you fellpw Chelsea fans explain this Costa saga? Who is to blame for this? Costa himself or Conte?

Costa, but I take it all with a grain of salt from each side.

The story seems to be that Conte/Chelsea decided to move on from Costa in January, and the club is probably the source for the crazy China bids, whether leaking or contacting China. Since they weren't able to get a replacement, they bit for Belotti, that stopped the sale of Costa.

The text message from the summer was to me mis-interpreted, but at that point, Costa already knew he wasn't really in Chelsea's plans, and he was trying to force his way to Atletico.

Basically, to sum it up, Conte got sick of Costa's antics and not training/conditioning to his standards, and Costa will do anything to get back to Atletico. Both parties are stubborn, and Chelsea is holding up for a bigger fee as Atletico is wanting to pay very little for him.

Atletico is not distancing/backing-off as they don't want to completely burn a bridge with Chelsea, but also don't want to pay what Chelsea is asking. Costa is mad at Atletico for not rescuing him, but he still wants to go there.

Chelsea are likely prepared to Malouda him.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
The Malouda treatment was just sickening. I love our team but the way some of our players have been treated by the team in their remaining days with the club is just not something to be proud of.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The Malouda treatment was just sickening. I love our team but the way some of our players have been treated by the team in their remaining days with the club is just not something to be proud of.

To be fair, weren't there transfers out there for him, but he refused to take a pay cut? I don't like clubs just exiling players at all, but when you ask for a transfer due to lack of playing time, clubs put in bids for you, and you turn them all down due to their wage offer, it's as much on you as the club.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
To be fair, weren't there transfers out there for him, but he refused to take a pay cut? I don't like clubs just exiling players at all, but when you ask for a transfer due to lack of playing time, clubs put in bids for you, and you turn them all down due to their wage offer, it's as much on you as the club.

Yep, that's what happened.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal

In Costa's case though he's still a top striker that can help the team. He was arguably their 3rd best player last season behind Kante and Hazard. Milan are very much interested in him but he doesn't seem to want to go there.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
In Costa's case though he's still a top striker that can help the team. He was arguably their 3rd best player last season behind Kante and Hazard. Milan are very much interested in him but he doesn't seem to want to go there.

Yeah Costa's crazy. Seems like he only wants to got to Atletico or you'd be hearing a lot more clubs linked with him and he'd be moved by now. Chelsea did get in bed with crazy though so...

Also, here's the first episode of the new podcast with AC Jimbo, Totally Football. I listened to it and have to say it was a lot better done than the newest episode of Football Weekly which sounded like a mess.

https://audioboom.com/posts/6184568-a-new-hope

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2017/08/09/alexis-sanchez-to-miss-start-of-season-through-injury/

Arsenal will be without Alexis Sanchez for the first few weeks of the Premier League season.

Sanchez, 28, picked up an abdominal injury in training ahead of last Sunday’s FA Community Shield victory against Chelsea at Wembley and the Chilean forward will now miss Friday’s PL opener against Leicester City (Watch live, 2:45 p.m. ET on NBCSN and online via NBCSports.com) and is unlikely to make their trip to Stoke in Week 2 too.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Really hoping that sleeve sponsor doesn't become a thing for everyone, but once the dam breaks...

You're a bit late with that one

s3-news-tmp-111981-stoke_city_fc--2x1--940.png

3E5E553800000578-0-image-a-62_1489762284724.jpg

LC8124-024.JPG

Watford-FC-Sleeve-Sponsor-2017-18-138Com.jpg

Chelsea%2BAnnounce%2BAlliance%2BTyres%2BSleeve%2BSponsor%2BDeal%2B%25282%2529.jpg

liverpool-anfield-598ae7631e70b-598af045eb297.jpg

s3-news-tmp-111981-southampton_fc--2x1--940.png

image1.jpg

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Southampton adding to their shirt sponsorship by Virgin Media with sleeve sponsorship by Virgin media reminds me of my favourite moment of sponsorship saturation. I was watching highlights of a Cardiff game and they had a penalty. The camera was on the player taking the penalty, showing Visit Malaysia on the front of his shirt. The next camera shot was behind him, with Visit Malaysia above his name on the shirt and Visit Malaysia on the back of his shorts. When it went to the regular camera shot the electronic advertising boards said Visit Malaysia over and over, rotating around the ground. Farcical.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The only one that look bad was Leicester because it doesn't blend into the jersey and it just clashes.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I actually like the virgin media one on the sleeves it doesn't look bad.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Well this is even worse than a giant Samsung logo or whatever in the front. I guess it's either international kits only for me now or knock-off types or ones that don't have sponsors on them.

Really feels weird now to wear a shirt with a sponsor, wasn't an issue for me as a teen.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Well this is even worse than a giant Samsung logo or whatever in the front. I guess it's either international kits only for me now or knock-off types or ones that don't have sponsors on them.

Really feels weird now to wear a shirt with a sponsor, wasn't an issue for me as a teen.

I cherish fondly my old cheap knock-off United jerseys with SHARPE on the front. :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: