GWT: Premier League 1/21-1/22

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
He was offside, and the lack of a call lead directly to a penalty in the 98th minute of a tied game. That's why it's being mentioned.

It seems like Arsenal winning was the appropriate thing given how the entire game went, but being surprised that a call like that, that literally decided a game, gets talked about seems silly.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
He was offside, and the lack of a call lead directly to a penalty in the 98th minute of a tied game. That's why it's being mentioned.

It seems like Arsenal winning was the appropriate thing given how the entire game went, but being surprised that a call like that, that literally decided a game, gets talked about seems silly.

Not even the worst call that decided a game with a north London team in it this weekend. The fact that I can be that specific is atrocious. Reffing this season has been suspect at best.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Not even the worst call that decided a game with a north London team in it this weekend. The fact that I can be that specific is atrocious. Reffing this season has been suspect at best.

Oh, I'm not trying to to say it's an all time bad call or anything. But it was definitely a missed call, and anytime a call like that ends up deciding the game so close to the end, it's going to be brought up.

You're definitely right the non-call on sterling was way worse though.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Oh, I'm not trying to to say it's an all time bad call or anything. But it was definitely a missed call, and anytime a call like that ends up deciding the game so close to the end, it's going to be brought up.

You're definitely right the non-call on sterling was way worse though.

No, I didn't mean to say you were. I wasn't trying to disagree with you, more point out the sorry state of refereeing this campaign. The fact that I can get that specific is upsetting

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Definitely should have been a penalty for Hull.

Absolutely should have been, but I can also understand from Swarbrick's perspective why he didn't see it. In real time it looked to me like Alonso got ball, it was only the replay from the other angle that showed he didn't. Swarbrick just didn't have the right angle.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I know it's for the NHL team but I have to say it's annoying and funny at the same time to see someone named "bluesfan" constantly posting anti-Chelsea comments.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I know it's for the NHL team but I have to say it's annoying and funny at the same time to see someone named "bluesfan" constantly posting anti-Chelsea comments.

It throws me off every time he posts as I keep forgetting he isn't a Chelsea fan. :laugh:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Absolutely should have been, but I can also understand from Swarbrick's perspective why he didn't see it. In real time it looked to me like Alonso got ball, it was only the replay from the other angle that showed he didn't. Swarbrick just didn't have the right angle.

Yeah they showed a wider angle and he didn't have a view at all. But I would think that the assistant should have seen it. Then again, the assistant awarded the throw to Hull so maybe his angle wasn't great either given that he was straight on and the Hull player himself would have screened it.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It throws me off every time he posts as I keep forgetting he isn't a Chelsea fan. :laugh:

Hahaha. I've actually considered changing my name given that I post mostly about baseball, soccer, and politics here now. The Blues board is too depressing because apparently everyone sucks and needs to be traded.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
If you're so objective, then post something that goes for Chelsea, or better yet, a non-call for Chelsea/against Hull that should have been called.

But it's too late now, since it won't come naturally.

If it came to it I would. There hasn't really been an opportunity for it.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I doubt you would. You don't have to pretend to be unbiased. I'm not gonna hold it against you.

I'm not gonna pretend that I like Chelsea but if there was something like a penalty shout for Chelsea or a foul in the buildup allowing Hull to score I definitely would post about it. Have your doubts all you want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad