GWT: Premier League 1/21-1/22

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Good article about Bravo's struggles

C2ryZmyWgAAEMi7.jpg

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
In fairness he has an awful defense ahead of him, but he's not helping.

He most definitely does, but the poor defenders doesn't really excuse dropped balls, being out of position, missing balls he should be able to reach, terrible passes/clearances, etc.

It's not like all of his goals against have been the case of his defenders leaving him hung out to try, although some have for sure.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
In fairness he has an awful defense ahead of him, but he's not helping.

Article cites an analytics company's claim that on average this season he's facing the lowest quality shots of any EPL keeper along with Lloris. Defense has its issues too.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Do you think Pep is kicking himself for forcing Hart out the door at this point?

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Do you think Pep is kicking himself for forcing Hart out the door at this point?

Probably. Although I thought Bravo was better than Hart before this season, and it's hard to foresee a decline/loss of proper technique like that.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Not really...their issues go beyond Bravo.

Of course they do, but Hart played behind pretty much the same defenders last season and played significantly better. Bravo is letting in shots that Hart would have on a regular basis. While I don't think that fixes the team at all, it would help quite a bit.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Of course they do, but Hart played behind pretty much the same defenders last season and played significantly better. Bravo is letting in shots that Hart would have on a regular basis. While I don't think that fixes the team at all, it would help quite a bit.

Either Bravo works out his issues or Rulli takes his place next year.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Numbers are not subjective.:laugh:

The interpretation of those statistics is what is subjective.

Which makes them subjective? It's like all those people that tell me Ozil has the most assists... great he's still no better than a lot of CM's that get less.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Which makes them subjective? It's like all those people that tell me Ozil has the most assists... great he's still no better than a lot of CM's that get less.

Ozil having the most assists is an objective fact though. A person using that to try and make an argument doesn't make the number subjective, only their conclusion.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
To expand on that, I agree that the way advanced stats are used is definitely flawed, but the problem with advanced stats is not the stats themselves. The problem is that people take one or two advanced stats and come to a conclusion based on that, without taking the wide range of stats available into account and without actually watching the player to see their skill set.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
To expand on that, I agree that the way advanced stats are used is definitely flawed, but the problem with advanced stats is not the stats themselves. The problem is that people take one or two advanced stats and come to a conclusion based on that, without taking the wide range of stats available into account and without actually watching the player to see their skill set.

Also people interpreting these advanced stats might not know the difference between causation and correlation.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Ozil having the most assists is an objective fact though. A person using that to try and make an argument doesn't make the number subjective, only their conclusion.

What constitutes to an assist is what makes numbers subjective.

Exactly.

The numbers don't lie.

They do.

This. Just like Ozil against Spain in 2010, when he didn't dive right before the half.

Or Maxi against Germany in 06... poor kid even got booked for diving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad