Pre-Game Talk: Preds vs Jets - Thu May 3 8:30pm CT (CBC NBCSN TVA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
Glad this game is being played at a later time as I'll be at Little Mountain kicking off my Softball season opener. Stoked to play ball but more stoked to watch and cheer on our Jets.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Glad this game is being played at a later time as I'll be at Little Mountain kicking off my Softball season opener. Stoked to play ball but more stoked to watch and cheer on our Jets.
i was just about to ask you about your softball season and when and where it's kicking off!
hope you're doing well.

Reactions: Evil Little

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Maybe an over reached but I think if we win on Thursday the series is eventually ours, going further blow them out and the series might end Saturday, again this is a very optimistic take.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I can see Hendricks staying in till they have another pker even though Little is more than capable of the job, has he even played any Pk minutes all season?

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
I want the Preds to deal with this....

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler (they looked electric, as they have before)
Connor-Stastny-Laine (this trio looked very good, Connor might create more shots for Laine)
Copp-Lowry-Tanev (torment the Johansen line)
Perreault-Little-Roslovic (terrifying 4th line match-up)

I'd love to see them try this but with Roslovic and Ehlers flipped... Wheeler and Scheif are gonna be great no matter what and ELP was dominant before.

Won't happen but it would be fun to see!

Reactions: FishWhiskey

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I can see Hendricks staying in till they have another pker even though Little is more than capable of the job, has he even played any Pk minutes all season?

This year Little played the 7th most short handed minutes out of the forwards with a total of 85 minutes. For comparison Armia had 90 minutes short handed. Don't think Maurice would have any issue giving Little more PK time. He's also put up very favourable numbers on the PK in the past. Not sure how he performed (by the numbers) this year on the kill.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/team/winnipeg-jets/statistics

Last edited:

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
I'd love to see the booing of PK stop. I get it, everyone hates him and that's fine, but booing him I think fuels him. He was booed mercifully in the first period and he scored a goal, he wasn't booed much at all in the 2nd, (granted he barely had the puck) but he did nothing. In the 3rd, the crowd started booing him again and he got a PP assist on the Forsberg tying goal. Obviously, I have no idea, but I think it might make him bare down.

I remember when the "Jordan's Better" chant led to an Eric Staal goal. The "Crosby's Better" chant led to an Ovi goal. I'm sure this has happened more than the two times I can remember, but I think good players love it and thrive on it.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I'd love to see the booing of PK stop. I get it, everyone hates him and that's fine, but booing him I think fuels him. He was booed mercifully in the first period and he scored a goal, he wasn't booed much at all in the 2nd, (granted he barely had the puck) but he did nothing. In the 3rd, the crowd started booing him again and he got a PP assist on the Forsberg tying goal. Obviously, I have no idea, but I think it might make him bare down.

I remember when the "Jordan's Better" chant led to an Eric Staal goal. The "Crosby's Better" chant led to an Ovi goal. I'm sure this has happened more than the two times I can remember, but I think good players love it and thrive on it.

I was actually hoping we'd start cheering when he touched the puck after he got that penalty we capitalized on. I feel that would irk him. Either way you're not going to prevent the majority of people from booing when he touches the puck, so not much point in talking about it :P.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Hendricks offers nothing, Roslo has gone silent which happens to kids playing 4th line roles with top 6 skill, just not a great fit for him there...just love how this team keeps winning even when they aren't performing to their best

We would be better off with Dano than Hendricks. Very clear to me - to the point where I can't see an argument. I understand coaches trust issues but this is night and day.

Reactions: AmericanDream

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
the crazy thing:
we're ahead in the series 2-1.
Laine and Connor and Ehlers haven't been a huge threat and scored.
If those guys wake up? we will pound Nashville.

Not sure where this narrative is coming from... It's almost like you only look at box scores. The Stats line as been producing a ton of chances in the Nashville series but have been unlucky. Saying they haven't been a threat makes me think you haven't watched the games.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I'd love to see them try this but with Roslovic and Ehlers flipped... Wheeler and Scheif are gonna be great no matter what and ELP was dominant before.

Won't happen but it would be fun to see!

Roslovic’s rookie is showing. IMO he’s in the right role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad