Pre-Game Talk: Preds vs Jets - Thu May 3 8:30pm CT (CBC NBCSN TVA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Chevy will be smart enough to pay Tanev exactly what he is worth and not more. The Oilers gifted Pisani with a $10 million contract based on that one playoff run and that was an overpay at that time for a player like him and he never really produced in the regular season like they had hoped. They gave out a few poor contracts after that run that bit them later, Raffi Torres another one.

Offer sheet? :sarcasm: Would love to get a 1st rounder based on his PO performance

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
just to let you guys know how much Chicago and my fan base loves your team right now - the Preds traded us this years 1st round for Ryan Hartman, obviously if the Jets knock out the Preds right now that means the pick is a 26/27 instead of a possible 30/31...that is a big difference overall in this draft...you might not be hearing it but Chicago is pulling for this team as well!!! Plus most of us hate the f***ing Preds, so this is just added gravy!!lol!!

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
just to let you guys know how much Chicago and my fan base loves your team right now - the Preds traded us this years 1st round for Ryan Hartman, obviously if the Jets knock out the Preds right now that means the pick is a 26/27 instead of a possible 30/31...that is a big difference overall in this draft...you might not be hearing it but Chicago is pulling for this team as well!!! Plus most of us hate the ****ing Preds, so this is just added gravy!!lol!!

From what I've seen of Hartman so far, Chicago totally stole that 1st rounder from Nashville, congrats! Good job on Bowman. Also helped us land Stastny in the end as there were many rumours Winnipeg was after Hartman for a rental.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Chevy will be smart enough to pay Tanev exactly what he is worth and not more. The Oilers gifted Pisani with a $10 million contract based on that one playoff run and that was an overpay at that time for a player like him and he never really produced in the regular season like they had hoped. They gave out a few poor contracts after that run that bit them later, Raffi Torres another one.

Pisani was a slight overpay for sure - I think he was one of the best 3rd line centers in the league at the time.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
From what I've seen of Hartman so far, Chicago totally stole that 1st rounder from Nashville, congrats! Good job on Bowman. Also helped us land Stastny in the end as there were many rumours Winnipeg was after Hartman for a rental.
happy to help in your quest whatever way we can lol!!!

honestly, I wasn't happy moving a young guy like Hartman, the Preds have a deep team and his role has been all over the place. I think once some of those vets move out he slots right up in a 2nd/3rd line role, he is capable of 20 plus goals in the right circumstance. Hartman has played well for them outside of some stupid penalties which has been the main reason why his ass isn't in the lineup every night. Young kid, still needs to mature,but yes beat these f***ing Preds for us as 27th overall looks so much nicer than 30/31st!

And on Stastny, no worries, we will be signing him this off season so he can play with his buddy Kaner...just understand it and leave him alone, don't try and resign him, let him come here after winning you guys a cup to help us win our 4th lol!!

Reactions: thegr8one66

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Pisani was a slight overpay for sure - I think he was one of the best 3rd line centers in the league at the time.
Pisani had non-hockey-related health issues that hurt him (Crohns?)...also he was 30 years old when the Oilers went on that run.

Reactions: Jet

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
“After the third game he rose again”
-Seravalli 3:16
mathieu-perreault-2016-6378.jpg

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Pisani had non-hockey-related health issues that hurt him (Crohns?)...also he was 30 years old when the Oilers went on that run.
Yup true, and he was never going to score at the rate the Oilers were hoping he would (silly they thought that as he'd been an Oiler for years and was never a prolific scorer, though he did contribute now and then)

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Matty P on line#4 in place of Gramps please PoMo. Just do it. Fourth line Frenchie will drive the perds bananas.

Reactions: thegr8one66
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad