Pre-Game Talk: Preds vs Jets - Thu May 3 8:30pm CT (CBC NBCSN TVA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I'd love to see the booing of PK stop. I get it, everyone hates him and that's fine, but booing him I think fuels him. He was booed mercifully in the first period and he scored a goal, he wasn't booed much at all in the 2nd, (granted he barely had the puck) but he did nothing. In the 3rd, the crowd started booing him again and he got a PP assist on the Forsberg tying goal. Obviously, I have no idea, but I think it might make him bare down.

I remember when the "Jordan's Better" chant led to an Eric Staal goal. The "Crosby's Better" chant led to an Ovi goal. I'm sure this has happened more than the two times I can remember, but I think good players love it and thrive on it.

I'm pretty sure PK scores goals when people aren't booing him too, lol

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I disagree. That hit looked extremely dirty and dangerous.

No hearing.......if Tom Wilson didn't get a hearing for his hit in Dunoulin, no way he should. The talking heads are even saying it's 50/50 Wilson gets suspended for the hit yesterday and that one was a hundred times worse.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Not sure where this narrative is coming from... It's almost like you only look at box scores. The Stats line as been producing a ton of chances in the Nashville series but have been unlucky. Saying they haven't been a threat makes me think you haven't watched the games.

You get the point though right? We are winning games, while three 30 goal (or more) guys haven't put one in is all he's saying. But yeah, they've definitely been a "threat." Those guys are always a threat - that's why it's sorta scary if you're a Pred! :D

Reactions: HannuJ

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
i was just about to ask you about your softball season and when and where it's kicking off!
hope you're doing well.

Thanks bud. Started a new team this year with a lot of new faces so we will see how it goes but none the less beers and ball always make for good times even if your team blows :D

SM17

Nov 25, 2005
Hope to see more of the Preds hitting the deck scared next game! Forced turn overs on both plays.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
No hearing.......if Tom Wilson didn't get a hearing for his hit in Dunoulin, no way he should. The talking heads are even saying it's 50/50 Wilson gets suspended for the hit yesterday and that one was a hundred times worse.

The fact that its 50/50 is why the NHL is a bit of a joke. With what we know about head Injuries they should be taking these things far more seriously. There shouldn't be anything legal about any head contact.

Reactions: FinJetster

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
The fact that its 50/50 is why the NHL is a bit of a joke. With what we know about head Injuries they should be taking these things far more seriously. There shouldn't be anything legal about any head contact.

I suspect the rule might be altered soon

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
You get the point though right? We are winning games, while three 30 goal (or more) guys haven't put one in is all he's saying. But yeah, they've definitely been a "threat." Those guys are always a threat - that's why it's sorta scary if you're a Pred! :D

I definitely get the point :D

I've just been seeing a lot of "if only Laine, Ehlers and Connor could start scoring" statements and I think that is unfair. Laine has the most shots of any Jets in the playoffs and Ehlers has been a better playmaker than he was all season. They have been very unlucky imo. Obviously it's frustrating that it isn't showing on the scoreboard but I don't think that means they haven't been good. None of them have been making major mistakes and seem to be playing with less risk in their game. Overall I actually think they are having a great playoff run despite not scoring and I have zero doubt that they will start going in if they continue playing as they have.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
If Morrissey gets a game for his high sticking, and Wilson almost takes Wheeler's head off, he deserves at least a game.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
All Canada is hoping for you guys. The Jets by far are the best team to watch. Very, very entertaining. Every line Maurice throws out there plays well. The Jets defence by far is the best in the playoffs. You guys have a great scouting department.
If (when) you guys win the cup, the Conn Smythe belongs to Big Buff. What a beast. He sure seems to like it there in Winnipeg. He seems the outdoorsman type person. When I look at your team and your farm, I see a dynasty. I just hope my Oilers can improve so the Jets and Oilers can have the playoffs of the 80's again.

Good Luck!

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Roslovic’s rookie is showing. IMO he’s in the right role.
Rosie was great with Armia and Little before Armia got injured. Then Rosie gets sent down to 4th line with little playing time. Other than his overtime mistake I think Rosie has been great. That interference call was pretty weak considering what hasn't been called.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I put an old game in from 1987 when they had no adds on the boards. When the white-out happened, everything was white. It was quite the site. The video is not the best but the hockey was great.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
All right, which one of you is a sock puppet for Murat Ates? He was just on 1290 with Huss and put forth the Frenchie - litts - roslovic fourth line idea and re-uniting Copp-Lowry-tanev for the third...said it would be an “virtually match proof” line up. :nod:

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Our top 4 D have been better than Nash top 4 D which is saying a lot.

The Jets D is the best in the playoffs, hands down. The forwards the Jets have will punish any team and wear them down. Get by Nashville, and you will advance to the cup finals.

Is Kulikov injured?

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
All right, which one of you is a sock puppet for Murat Ates? He was just on 1290 with Huss and put forth the Frenchmen - litts - roslovic fourth line idea and re-uniting Copp-Lowry-tanev for the third...said it would be an “virtually match proof” line up. :nod:

I feel like he for sure reads these boards! How else would he be so good as his job ;):sarcasm:

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
when do we get armia back?

it's really too bad we didn't have kulikov in the playoffs

this team still ga injuries yet were doing alright. this team is legit

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
when do we get armia back?

it's really too bad we didn't have kulikov in the playoffs

this team still ga injuries yet were doing alright. this team is legit
Kuli gets forgotten when you think of injuries since our D has been so good. It's much more about Armia and Perrault, which makes me forget just how many talented guys this team really has.

Reactions: Peggy

Whileee

May 29, 2010
All right, which one of you is a sock puppet for Murat Ates? He was just on 1290 with Huss and put forth the Frenchie - litts - roslovic fourth line idea and re-uniting Copp-Lowry-tanev for the third...said it would be an “virtually match proof” line up. :nod:
Great minds think alike... :thumbu:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Our top 4 D have been better than Nash top 4 D which is saying a lot.

Yup. I don't think many people truly appreciate just how good Troubs and JoMo are in their role. Their impact on the team goes beyond neutering other teams top lines. By being able to dominate their matchups they allow Buff to well be Buff and go out there in offensive situations against middling opponents and dominate them. He isn't the same player when other teams are able to get there best against him and he has to worry about shutting them down.

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
I put an old game in from 1987 when they had no adds on the boards. When the white-out happened, everything was white. It was quite the site. The video is not the best but the hockey was great.

Something very nice about watching a fame on white ice without a massive Logo at Center ice..no adds on the ice no adds on the boards,

Reactions: Oilers in NS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad