Pre-Game Talk: Preds vs Jets - Thu May 3 8:30pm CT (CBC NBCSN TVA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Our top 4 D have been better than Nash top 4 D which is saying a lot.
I think it was McKenzie saying b4 the series started that Nash top 4 D are best in the league with the puck on their stick. Without it, not so much. Jets need to keep up possession game to keep those guys from handling the puck.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
when do we get armia back?

it's really too bad we didn't have kulikov in the playoffs

this team still ga injuries yet were doing alright. this team is legit
Beyond legit. Nobody wants to play us cuz we're too hard to play against.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Hope to see more of the Preds hitting the deck scared next game! Forced turn overs on both plays.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Preds be warned Buff will Police your behaviors tomorrow...

Preds in a tough spot and almost a must win for them so they may come out looking to do some damage...

Go :jets Go

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
I find we need to tweak the lines a little bit, I find Connor is struggling in these playoffs, but I think one day he'll get it all together, and he deserves to dress in every playoff game, but I'd rather give ice-time to a player who can use it better. Ehlers is another player I think who is just finding his way now as I notice how he always finds his way and gets the puck through traffic which is why I like how he's paired with Stastny.

I know Tanev is a grinder, but his competitiveness and grinding is just so good. I find Roslovic is improving and it's been so good that's it hard to remove him from the line-up, how he gets himself in the way of the opposing players' play is just unreal; he's like a smart Ryan Kesler with a better offensive ability and mindset.

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Stastny-Ehlers
Tanev-Little-Roslovic
Lowry-Copp-Armia

I've seen Ehlers and Connor on the same line and they just work so well together, and Stastny, who does well in the playoffs could help them improve in the playoffs a little more as they seem somewhat inexperienced. I find Scheifele and Wheeler are the ones that carry the team and focus more on winning and leading the team which isn't good for Connor. I just don't like Connor coughing it up.

Laine does not play no where fast enough to be with Sheif and Wheels!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Curious as to what the lineup guessing games acheive. If Armia, Matty P and Kulikov all slotted in or not, it wouldn't change Nashville'' planning or excitioex

Not sure what you mean...

Lineup guessing games achieve nothing. Just something for us to talk about. Players coming back into the lineup changes lots of things though...

Last edited:

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
It is a must win.
They aren't going to come back from a 3-1 deficit against this Jets team.

Jets in 6!!!!!!!!!

I voted in 5 and I like my chances...

Opps.... Never voted or I cant find it...

Oh well...

Jets in five...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 10Ducky10

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Maurice at times is seemingly reluctant to mess with a winning lineup. But there’s no way he’s gonna keep Perrault and/or Armia out of the lineup.

I am rather stoked for tomorrow night.
All coaches are reluctant to change a winning lineup, but that doesn't really apply when regulars are coming back from injury. Winning might allow a coach to be a little more cautious but everyday players get inserted back in when they are ready. MP is an everyday player and gives us a better chance of winning when in the lineup.

one other person

Tripping thru time and space
Feb 19, 2018
Sunny St. Somewhere
All coaches are reluctant to change a winning lineup, but that doesn't really apply when regulars are coming back from injury. Winning might allow a coach to be a little more cautious but everyday players get inserted back in when they are ready. MP is an everyday player and gives us a better chance of winning when in the lineup.
I just hope those dudes are really ready to play!

DashingDane

Paul Maurice <3
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
yeah, i can't be bothered to watch a game. instead. i put aside 3.5 hrs to review box scores and jump to conclusions.

but wait...you're arguing that Laine, Ehlers and Connor have scored? because my argument was...that they have yet to score. and once those guys score, then we're more of a threat.

i await your counterargument to prove me wrong :)

actually, you're totally missing the point even when it's pointed out to you.
the game's decided by goals, not by opportunities. there is a correlation between solid scoring chances and goals, but the point is that ONCE those 3 start to put a puck in the net and not on or near the net, the Jets will theoretically be a bigger load to handle. that's all.

I would love for them to start putting in goals and obviously it would help the team. I think any rational person understands that.

I was responding to the subtle jab at the three players. Your quote below states that those three players haven't been huge threats and scored. We can agree that they haven't scored :)

the crazy thing:
we're ahead in the series 2-1.
Laine and Connor and Ehlers haven't been a huge threat and scored.
If those guys wake up? we will pound Nashville.

It seems what we disagree on is what constitutes a threat. I would say that having the most sog on the Jets and hitting the post several times makes you a threat. I'd also say that setting your teammates up for high quality chances makes you a threat. Disagree? I think phrasing it as them not creating offense and in need of waking up comes of disingenuous and paints them in a wrong picture. I think you can play a good game without it showing on the scoresheet.

Reactions: Evil Little

HockeyGuy100

Apr 15, 2018
If we were to get back Perreault and Armia from injuries Hendricks would get sat. Which 2 out of Perreault, Armia and Roslovic do you think would start? Roslovic was playing great on the 3rd line when he was given a chance. He cooled off on the 4th line with Hendricks as expected but still plays a solid two way game and has more offensive talent than the other two.

Tanev Little Roslovic
Copp Lowry Armia/Perreault

That would be solid...
and if Kulikov were to get healthy do you think he would replace Chiarot? Kulikov wasn't playing his best pre-injury and Chiarot has shown to be pretty solid overall but Kulikov was the starter.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I want the Preds to deal with this....

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler (they looked electric, as they have before)
Connor-Stastny-Laine (this trio looked very good, Connor might create more shots for Laine)
Copp-Lowry-Tanev (torment the Johansen line)
Perreault-Little-Roslovic (terrifying 4th line match-up)
Yep, this is what I want to see. Not a team in the league could match that 4th line and I really want to see Copp back with Lowry, they pay off each other so well.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Does anyone follow PK enough to know if he always whines like this? Great player and he hacks and slashes with the best of them, where does he come off acting like he is being persecuted? Is he that vain?

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Laine does not play no where fast enough to be with Sheif and Wheels!

He did great last year with Sheif and Ehlers who is even faster, so I think it could work well. But he hasn't played there all season I don't think he'll start now.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think the Jet's take this game tonight, and take a 3-1 series lead. Because they came back from a 3 goal deficit, they will be full of confidence, and come out a smokin, and it would not surprise me to see the Jet's lay a real licking on them--like 6-2, 0r something like that. The Preds seem to really be affected by this rabid Winnipeg fan base.

I think the Preds will take the next game at home, and bring the series to 3-2, and the Jet's will win one of the 2 remaining games -"that's my prediction."

Let's not forget here --if the Jet's win tonight--the Preds have to win 3 straight to win the series, and that's not likely. This is a "huge" game tonight !!!

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I can't see how anyone can say we aren't the favorites in this game...the Preds only won the one game in OT.
I don't complain about reffing but that was one of the worst displays of inconsistent bullkaka since the Jets have been back.
I can't remember which penalty it was that game (Littles?) that was SUPER weak and they scored and the reffing was the absolute opposite of consistent with blatant Crashville penalties right in front of the refs.
Not afraid of this team and never have been.
Take playoff experience back to Crashville with you and sing a song about it. PK can play violin and lead vocals...maybe he can win a Granny with the song or go into acting or something...
The Preds have their back to the walls as they know they won't take 3 straight against the Jets if they go down 3-1.
Buff for MVP so far and only Scheif is close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad