Pre-Game Talk: Preds @ Avs | Friday 7MT | You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Trotz adds his two cents....

“I can tell you this, there’s no room for coaches yelling at opposition players in this league. That’s not professional and it shouldn’t be tolerated. I’d hate to see (St. Louis Rams coach) Jeff Fisher, who is a friend of mine, yapping at some football player, and he comes over and whacks him. There’s no place for that in the game, and I don’t think it should be tolerated at all. If you want to be professional, we’re the best league in the world, we’re the classiest league in the world, and we should act that way.”

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
The Preds are awesome.

Pekka Rinne
Seth Jones
Shea Weber
Roman Josi
Colin Wilson
Craig Smith
Mike Fisher
Carrie Underwood :naughty:
Awesome Fans

I wish they still had Suter and Blum which would make me love them even more.
No, I'm glad Suter's gone. Rinne behind Weber, Suter, Josi and Jones wouldn't be fair.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
You're one of my favorite posters, period. So I will gladly vouch for you.

Thanks, LoungeBro :cheers:

I see Trotz has opened his mouth regarding the Roy thing. Looks like he might be wanting to rustle some jimmies this season. Talking trash about the Wild. Calling out Roy. I wonder who is next.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Trotz adds his two cents....

Oh please Lavio got into a shoving match with Ott and nobody made a big deal out of it.

Roy is going to make us the villains of the NHL. A lot of enemies will be made, but at least the avs are relevant.:laugh:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Oh please Lavio got into a shoving match with Ott and nobody made a big deal out of it.

Roy is going to make us the villains of the NHL. A lot of enemies will be made, but at least the avs are relevant.:laugh:

It is only a big deal because it is Roy and his reputation precedes him. The media was just waiting for this story to erupt.... hell half of them probably had pre-written stories ready.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
Guess I'll post it for you n00bs

Wilson - Legwand - Hornqvist
Borque - Cullen - Smith
Spaling - Fisher - Nystrom
Clune - Gaustad - Hendricks

Josi - Weber
Bartley - Klein
Ekholm - Jones

Rinne
Hutton

Scratches: Stalberg, Forsberg, Ellis

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Ekholm - Jones against the MacK line? Oh boy, I'm thinking another Mem Cup replay here. :D

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I'm afraid to talk smack about players like Ellis. Sure he has flaws, but if he's on his game he can torch you.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
That is for tonight. If the D looks good Ellis will likely be scratched again tomorrow. If it doesn't then I guess Ellis being inserted into the line up will depend on who looks bad.

If I had to guess I'd say Bartley and Klein look decent together, but have trouble moving the puck. Ekholm and Jones will be interesting. Both of them are very big guys. Both of them have puck moving abilities. Neither of them have been all that physical. Good offensive upside, so I'd assume they will see a lot of offensive zone starts.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
I know Roy said he wanted Holden to play this game pulling Guenin out , but i'm a firm believer if you play good you should stay in the lineup, if anything i'd prefer Sarich get healthied or roll the same lines as last night for the D pairings.

hopefully the avs can pick take advantage of the lack of nhl experience a pairing of Ekholm and Jones would have.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
And what about when a player is yelling at an opposing coach...

why the hell are the ducks innocent in all this? :rant:

Roy...your reputation may hurt you at times

Why? Because Barry Trotz said something? Nope.

Us against the world mentality. Given we're coming from a team lacking identity and unity for years, I'll take this.

This dressing room is going to be water pressure sealed tight, sacrificing for one another and following the lead of their win-at-all-costs Head Coach.

I love it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Us against the world mentality. Given we're coming from a team lacking identity and unity for years, I'll take this.

This dressing room is going to be water pressure sealed tight, sacrificing for one another and following the lead of their win-at-all-costs Head Coach.

I love it.

Yep. This is the exact moment this team needed to galvanize themselves.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I like Nashville's bottom 6 group, especially when you include Stalberg. Though I definitely don't like their salaries.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Keep in mind, as the Preds beat writer said, Trotz is good friends with Boudreau.

I love Roy's fire but I do hope he doesn't yell at opposing players. In his press conference he said he doesn't do that and this was a one time thing because Perry was sitting there running his mouth. I don't mind the team being disliked by others you don't want all the other coaches and the media turning on you. That's an unnecessary distraction.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO

I love it.

I was more referring to the fine... I dont think another Coach would have been fined which irritates me a bit

I love it as well. This is something we have NEEDED here in Colorado for so long.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I like Nashville's bottom 6 group, especially when you include Stalberg. Though I definitely don't like their salaries.

Their top 6 is not much to look at. They've never been an offensive powerhouse but on paper I think this is their worst top 6 in a long time. I like Smith,Wilson and Hornqvist but they can't lead the offense.

Keep in mind, as the Preds beat writer said, Trotz is good friends with Boudreau.

I love Roy's fire but I do hope he doesn't yell at opposing players. In his press conference he said he doesn't do that and this was a one time thing because Perry was sitting there running his mouth. I don't mind the team being disliked by others you don't want all the other coaches and the media turning on you. That's an unnecessary distraction.

Picnic buddies? That's a shame I really like Trotz and despise BB.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Their top 6 is not much to look at. They've never been an offensive powerhouse but on paper I think this is their worst top 6 in a long time. I like Smith,Wilson and Hornqvist but they can't lead the offense.

Yeah their top 6 is pretty bad, and really their defense isn't that great now past the top paring (2 years they will have the best defense in the NHL IMO, Elkholm and Jones is going to be a hell of a pairing in the near future).

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00