Pre-Game Talk: Preds @ Avs | Friday 7MT | You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
adater ‏@adater 57s
Gabe Landeskog missed practice with leg injury. Update soon

Hope its nothing serious...I want to see him bounce back in this game

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I wonder if it was from yesterday or if he played with it yesterday and made it worse...

Besides some physicality he was pretty much an on-factor

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I just realized that our team has none of the Dave's I know. There are lots of Dave's I know but we don't even have any David's.

Preds offense is not gonna be as smooth as the Ducks was last night (despite the low score) but they're not gonna be as susceptible to rushes so this is gonna be more of a grinding game.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
What are Nashville's D pairings looking like?

If Weber's on the Dutchy line all game, who will be chasing shadows against Staz and MacK's units?

We're going to cause match-up problems for teams ALL SEASON LONG if these guys stay relatively healthy. Pick your poison, rivals.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

If Weber's on the Dutchy line all game, who will be chasing shadows against Staz and MacK's units?

We're going to cause match-up problems for teams ALL SEASON LONG if these guys stay relatively healthy. Pick your poison, rivals.

Having 3 first lines is something to not take for granted.

Very fun seeing McGinn/MacKinnon go up against 2nd-3rd pairing guys

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm pumped for this game. I hope MacKinnon dances around Jones and scores his 1st goal of many in the show :yo:

There is no need for us to be Anti-Jones because we preferred MacKinnon. Seth is still going to be one hell of a hockey player and someone we should cheer on.

And no D2M, I do not want to hear your opinion. :p

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
It looks like tonight Ellis will be paired with Klein and Josi will be paired with Weber, leaving Jones and Ekholm as a pairing. We'll see how it looks, and if Trotz keeps it the same.

Weber and Josi are capable of playing 30 minutes. Klein is a stud defensively, but I'm worried about Ellis since he isn't the best skater. He does, however, have good vision and passing.

I would imagine Trotz will try to run Weber and Josi together as much as possible against the top two lines. As long as Ellis sticks to his strengths then he and Klein should be able to handle about 20 minutes.

Honestly, I'm just hoping Rinne stands on his head. I expect our D to suck for a week or two.

GeniusSuperior

Sep 30, 2010
2wgrvit.jpg

Someone needs to change this to say something like "Get Out" to put in threads for bad trade proposals or something.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
There is no need for us to be Anti-Jones because we preferred MacKinnon. Seth is still going to be one hell of a hockey player and someone we should cheer on.

And no D2M, I do not want to hear your opinion. :p

My opinion is a necessity... like water.:D

BTW you would read my opinion not hear it.

S.Jones sucks

Someone needs to change this to say something like "Get Out" to put in threads for bad trade proposals or something.

Seconded

Predators Defense + Goalie >>> Avalanche Defense + Goalie

Predators Offense <<< Avalanche Offense

You don't say.:laugh:

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Predators Defense + Goalie >>> Avalanche Defense + Goalie

Predators Offense <<< Avalanche Offense

Pretty much, on paper anyway. I'm not expecting much in the way of offense from Nashville. Rinne is hopefully healthy after his surgery over the summer. Defense.... I don't know. The blueline is still a question mark, and I'm not sure how Trotz is going to use his forwards with regards to the back check. With the speed they have I think the forecheck is going to be intense.

Nashville does have a ton of grit now, though. I hope things stay clean, but it may get chippy.

Tune in tonight. I bet we see some heavy hitting and a fight or two against St Louis.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Oh and I'll probably hang out on this forum quite a bit until tomorrow night. Hope you all don't mind :D

Holyhell

'Crumblers'
Apr 12, 2007
Pretty much, on paper anyway. I'm not expecting much in the way of offense from Nashville. Rinne is hopefully healthy after his surgery over the summer. Defense.... I don't know. The blueline is still a question mark, and I'm not sure how Trotz is going to use his forwards with regards to the back check. With the speed they have I think the forecheck is going to be intense.

You'd better hope all your players are ready to skate like the wind tomorrow. Last night he Avs transition game was ridiculous. I think during the 1st PP, they we're able to skate it to the blueline, then have it iced :)laugh:) like 4 or 5 times in about 45 seconds. Quick, quick transitions and outlets all night.

As soon as an Avs defender had the puck, someone was already racing for centre ice or the blue line for that long pass.

I'm pretty sure it's the only way Colorado will have success this year. Full games of pure offense with little to no drop in tempo.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I haven't seen our new line up play yet, but I know guys like Cullen, Legwand, Bourque, Nystrom, Klein and Josi can skate pretty well (and fast).

I just hope they don't get caught trying to match a run and gun game. If that's the case the Avs will destroy them.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Whatever pairing Ellis is on is the one to take advantage of.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Ryan McPonytail - Matt McMightBeSecondFastest - Steve McCrazyEyes
Alex McShootThePuckMore - Paul McShutDownTheirTopLine - Gabe McDreamy
Jamie McShooter - Nathan MacFisticuffs - PAP McLaughsalot
CodyMcFightsalot - Johnny McMalkin - Patrick McNeedstofightmore

Still worst D in the league (based on HFB posters)

Steve McSavesALot

member 116861

The Preds are awesome.

Pekka Rinne
Seth Jones
Shea Weber
Roman Josi
Colin Wilson
Craig Smith
Mike Fisher
Carrie Underwood :naughty:
Awesome Fans

I wish they still had Suter and Blum which would make me love them even more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad