News Article: Preds 2020 WINTER CLASSIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I went to the WC in St. Louis in 2017. It was not a great game but it was a great experience. I am so excited to be able watch my team play in one.

Reactions: bdub24

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Hotel booked. Now I just need tickets (which I assume is the hard part).

Last edited:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm trying to go with some friends but I'm not sure if I'll be able to swing it. I'll be in my first year with a new company so if a bunch of people want time off around the new year, I'll be way down on that priority list.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Finally! :yo:

That also means the Preds and Nashville will be featured on the "Road to the Winter Classic" show. I think I might be even more excited for this than the game!

Pretty exciting news- however- I am guessing this means we will NOT be getting an outdoor game in Nashville any time soon now.

And if so, that is disappointing. Would have much rather had our one shot at an outdoor game be at home.
Don't count out Nashville getting a home outdoor game at all. Bill Daly was on the NHL network talking about it and said that although they picked Nashville as the Dallas opponent, they really wanted to get Nashville a home outdoor game.

Also he said that Nashville was the really most logical choice to play Dallas when they looked at analytics, rivalries, etc. (Suck on that haters! :p: )

I just can't see a Winter Classic being played at Nissan Stadium. A Stadium Series game, yes, but unless the Titans are willing to have their last 2 games of the season on the road and they don't have a home playoff game, I don't think we'll ever get a home Winter Classic. Now when/if we get that soccer stadium...

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Glad it's you guys! Should be a great game and an exciting event.
Most fans around the league don't realize it (nor would they really have a reason to) but Preds and Stars is a low-key budding little southern rivalry. For those in the know, this is a nice under the radar matchup for this event. I hope to be there. Unfortunately my aunt and uncle moved away from Dallas so I can't stay there. Oh well.

Reactions: Kcb12345

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
staying in downtown dallas? i would guess hotels shouldn't be too pricey.

Yeah not pricey right now. No idea if this event plus NYE will make things get more expensive so figured might as well get my risk free booking in early.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
And I hope that it's primarily gold. It would be cool to see Preds gold vs Stars green on the ice. Something with the stripes and collar on that example, but just gold. Maybe a big NSH or NASH on the front. Or even a tri-star guitar pick logo. There are so many possibilities.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
And I hope that it's primarily gold. It would be cool to see Preds gold vs Stars green on the ice. Something with the stripes and collar on that example, but just gold. Maybe a big NSH or NASH on the front. Or even a tri-star guitar pick logo. There are so many possibilities.
I've always thought it would be cool to see a jersey where the main logo was more or less the actual sabertooth skull that was found but it would be difficult to work around, and definitely shouldn't be a full-time primary logo. Maybe this one game scenario would work. I know we kinda had it for awhile as a shoulder patch but it was a pretty modified version. Won't happen but just a thought. And yeah, I'd also be on board with something just emphasizing "Nashville"

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
man I hate these 'games'. the first few were nostalgic, now they've become just poor hockey games.
This one will be nostalgic for us as it will always be our first one, regardless of if we get one in Nashville soon.

I'm in with a big group. Probably 15+ all in. People seem very excited.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
For anyone familiar with Dallas, other than downtown where are some good areas to stay??

Fort Worth. It’s really easy to get to Dallas from FW and it’s honestly got just as much to do.

Fort Worth and Nashville are pretty comparable cities tbh.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
How do tickets work for this thing? Gotta think DAL STH get the lions share right? This is gonna be expensive for us I think.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
How do tickets work for this thing? Gotta think DAL STH get the lions share right? This is gonna be expensive for us I think.
NSH STH gets priority too i believe.

but as LC said, considering the size of the venue.. there should be plenty of tickets and if you wait and pay stubhub prices or not, i think prices shouldn't be bad. just considering the number of tickets.
most expensive part of the trip would be flights. then hotel. hotels weren't too bad when i looked.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I was under the impression that STH will be guaranteed a ticket if they want one. Would be pretty upset if that weren't true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad