Sens Shot Predicting the Opening Day Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The GM and owner both want and need Karlsson to be remembered as one of the best trades the Sens have ever made unless Brown is cleary better they will give Norris the edge. It would erase so much hostility.
I think they will probably defer to Stuetzle to show the value of that trade.

Besides, if they are even the team is far better off playing Brown as he becomes waiver eligible sooner. Norris will still be there to 'win' the Karlsson trade regardless of whether or not we give Brown his shot first.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
I think they will probably differ to Stuetzle to show the value of that trade.

Besides, if they are even the team is far better off playing Brown as he becomes waiver eligible sooner. Norris will still be there to 'win' the Karlsson trade regardless of whether or not we give Brown his shot first.

I guess we will see but from a public image standpoint having Norris do good is extremely helpful with scorned fans. Plus he is pals with Brady and coaches love guy. We can disagree but I think if it's close Norris will be given an extra bump.

Reactions: Sweatred

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Prediction on opening day if there’s no other moves :

Stuetzle-Tierney-Daddy
Tkachuk-White-C.Brown
Formenton-Anisimov-Batherson
Paul-L.Brown-Watson (big line)

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Gudbranson
Wolanin-J.Brown

Murray

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013
The GM and owner both want and need Karlsson to be remembered as one of the best trades the Sens have ever made unless Brown is cleary better they will give Norris the edge. It would erase so much hostility.
I get your point but I have seen nothing to suggest DJ doesn't have complete control over his lineup.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Stuetzle-Tierney-Daddy
Tkachuk-White-C.Brown

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Gudbranson
Wolanin-J.Brown

Murray

Ya i think you're pretty close there. You've got Brown winning the Brown Norris debate and Zub not in. I think Zub plays a fair bit this season.

So, no further moves and fully healthy, ya i think your pretty close to what it will be.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

It is one of the best trades ever - we have Norris, Stutzle and all the other pieces plus can add $11.5 of budget/cap room which allows acquisitions like Dadonov, Brown, Gud etc.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa

So what do we have left from the deal in the end?

Stutzle, Tierney, Norris, and Balcers? Crazy haul.

EDIT: Who did we take with the 2nd in 2019?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
So what do we have left from the deal in the end?

Stutzle, Tierney, Norris, and Balcers? Crazy haul.

EDIT: Who did we take with the 2nd in 2019?

Soogard... and then there is a SJ and WPG 2020 3rd (Demelo) which may be linked to moving up for Klevin and/or Sokolov ?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
because nobody in their right mind thought that the SJ pick would be anything better than maybe a 20th at best.

Idk about that

I thought Norris had a lot of promise. Turns out he does. Not a lot of people thought that at the time. Actually in the summer of 19 I got roasted again for suggesting he might be better than White.

I thought EK's decline was going to be an issue. Turns out this far it is. I kept talking about the risk of signing him due to his injury history

And i thought them aging out was a possibility. Turns out it happened. Top 3, I certainly didn't see that, but out of the playoffs and a lottery pick. Ya. And i think PD thought that too because he wouldn't accept lottery protection on the pick.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Stuetzle-Tierney-Daddy
Tkachuk-White-C.Brown

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Gudbranson
Wolanin-J.Brown

Murray

Replace L. Brown with Norris and I tend to agree; however, I think Stuetzle should play in Europe or the AHL next season to give him time to mature and hone his skills before entering the NHL. Reilly has an NHL contract so he will be there too. At F, the 13th F will be a fight between Chlapik, L. Brown, Balcers and Abramov.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
AKA one year removed and coming off a big injury.

The signs were visible from 2016-2018... PD bet that EK couldn’t keep up his 2016-17 play on a wonky ankle for another 9 years. He had all of 17-18 to confirm his thoughts and the trade was made. In hindsight the need to trade him is blatantly obvious once the emotional fan cloud dissipates.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
because nobody in their right mind thought that the SJ pick would be anything better than maybe a 20th at best.
Not true. I had them missing the playoffs but definitely not 3OA. I think I had them 11th in the west.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Tkachuk-Tierney-Batherson
Galchenyuk-L.Brown-Dadanov (would love to see Logan Brown given a chance with Dadanov)
White-Anisimov-C.Brown
Paul-Chlapik-Watson

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Gudbranson
Wolanin-Brown/Zub

Murray
Hogberg

Reactions: DrEasy

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Opening night lineup.

Tkachuk - White - Batherson
Stutzle - Tierney - Dadanov
Galchenyuk - Norris - Brown
Paul - Anisimov - Watson

Chabot - Gudbranson
Wolanin - Zaitsev
Reilly- Brown

Murray
Hogberg

Reactions: Laminator

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Dorion’s most recent words of wisdom sound much like what he said before previous recent seasons. I suppose that, similar to the way a dead clock is right twice a day, He may be right one of these years.

As quoted by The Athletic. “We feel we’re significantly better than when the season ended,” Dorion said on a media call after signing free agent forward Evgenii Dadonov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad