Speculation: Predict who's being dealt before/during the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Why would you say that. We have no idea who is coming or going in my post.

Marchy is at what ? 4.5 I think. So him and Bartkowski is like almost 6 mill.....That is around a number we could get a great dman at...If one became available. Not saying one is...But you gotta shake some tree's at least.

GIORDANO is a pipedream but he is my pipedream. No harm in that,

Subban, Ko Ko, Sponer. These are highly rated kids. You or I do not know what Chiarelli can do. Plus, is the salary cap going up ? Has it already ?

Bartkowski is a free agent. Marchand alone is not enough cap space to add anyone of value. The kids (which aren't that highly rated) also clear no cap space.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Chiarelli needs to get rid of guys like SPOONER, Ko Ko, SUBBAN, Bartkowski, and perhaps in the right deal a Marchand or a Krug or Louie. Inginla needs to be signed for one more kick at the can here.

Paille-Soupy-Kelly Lets not give up on the merlot line. Way to early for that and Kelly is actually the perfect replacement for Thornton.

This is top-notch GM'g. Get rid of our best prospects and younger players and keep the seven-million-dollar fourth line intact just for old time's sake.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Does not matter....He is here, he is liked by mgmt. and he has played with those guys and is a defensive speed trapping type player. His money is meaningless at this point. And the 4th line needs to be great. It is part of our identity.

This is where you need to take a step back. $3 million for Kelly is too much, and he needs to be moved.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
This is top-notch GM'g. Get rid of our best prospects and younger players and keep the seven-million-dollar fourth line intact just for old time's sake.

Its a first for me. Knowingly getting rid of top prospects (who are cheap) and keeping overpaid over-the-hill vets.

I dont even know what to say...

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Boychuk (3.36) (and a piece)
for
Perron (3.8)

Move Morrow into rotation and save a ton of $. Hopefully trade Kelly as well. Don't sign Iggy. Get way younger, faster, cheaper.

Lucic--Krejci--Loui
Perron--Bergeron--Smith
Spooner--Soda--Marchand (I think he could handle RW)
Pie--Soup--kid
Robins (13th)

Chara-Hamilton
Krug--Seidenberg (has played R lots before)
Morrow--Lone Wolf
Miller

or Marchand and Spooner for Kane:

Kane--Krejci--Loui
Lucic--Bergeron--Smith
Kelly--Soda--kid
Pie--Soup--kid
Robins (13th)

In what universe is Morrow playing over Miller? This isn't NHL 14

77bestever*

Its a first for me. Knowingly getting rid of top prospects (who are cheap) and keeping overpaid over-the-hill vets.

I dont even know what to say...

How about you try and understand the team you root for ?

Let me fill you in. The BRUINS are a win now team. That means they are built to win now.

Shrimpy Spooner and shrimpy Ko Ko are not going to help us do that. They are nothing but chips. As for Subban....He will not play in BOSTON for at least 5 years as a starter and maybe not even then. Why do we need him ? Please tell me because you are so smart about the value of our prospects.

KELLY however can be a nice gritty 4th liner who already has his name on Stanley and knows what it takes. Do I like paying him 3m to play line 4...No, but it is not the end of the world. Truth is we cant trade him because we overvalued his salary and nobody is going to pay him that either. So we need to make the best of it.

In case you have not noticed the team is a seasoned, grizzled, veteran team built to win in the next 5 years at least one more cup to make the era hugely successful.

Your prospects mean almost nothing to this team right now.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
How about you try and understand the team you root for? Let me fill you in. The BRUINS are a win now team. That means they are built to win now. Shrimpy Spooner and shrimpy Ko Ko are not going to help us do that. They are nothing but chips. As for Subban....He will not play in BOSTON for at least 5 years as a starter and maybe not even then. Why do we need him ? Please tell me because you are so smart about the value of our prospects. Your prospects mean almost nothing to this team right now.

Boston is not built to win now, - Boston can't beat Montreal right now - and Spooner and Khokhlachev will improve their chances in the annual playoff showdown with Montreal by virtue of their skills alone. Subban will hopefully turn out to be our hab-killer in goal and be able to match up with Price whereas Rask has yet to prove he is up to that task. Stay tuned as the future should be arriving on schedule by next training camp.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Not saying this is what I want (I actually want to keep Boychuk and Iggy) but if Boychuk is moved, I hope it is for Perron. In that case, dump Kelly somehow and sign a defenseman (Weaver pls).

Lucic - Krejci - Perron
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Koko - Soderberg - Eriksson
Paille - Campbell - Robins

Chara - Hamilton
Seidenberg - Weaver
Krug - McQuaid/Miller

Rask
Svedberg

I'd be okay with this. Leaves some room to fit an actual deadline deal in too.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Boston is not built to win now, - Boston can't beat Montreal right now - and Spooner and Khokhlachev will improve their chances in the annual playoff showdown with Montreal by virtue of their skills alone. Subban will hopefully turn out to be our hab-killer in goal and be able to match up with Price whereas Rask has yet to prove he is up to that task. Stay tuned as the future should be arriving on schedule by next training camp.

Please give me a break, the Habs won a 7 game series in which just about everything had to break right for them to win the series, hot goaltending by Price, average goaltending by Price, Bruins hitting a record amount of goalposts/crossbars, very spotty officiating favouring the Habs, etc. Any of those factors go the other way Boston wins that series in 5 or 6.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Please give me a break, the Habs won a 7 game series in which just about everything had to break right for them to win the series, hot goaltending by Price, average goaltending by Price, Bruins hitting a record amount of goalposts/crossbars, very spotty officiating favouring the Habs, etc. Any of those factors go the other way Boston wins that series in 5 or 6.

We've all been down this crossbars road. What was the excuse for losing three of four to Montreal in regular season, and two of those losses were to Montreal's backup goaltender. One of these two teams - Boston/Montreal - was better in '14.

77bestever*

You obviously have no concept of where the BRUINS are at this point in this run with this current group of players. You are lost in space. Subban will turn out to be a HAB killer in goal may be the most ignorant single statement I have ever read anywhere with the fact that we just signed the Vezina winner to a 7 year deal....Get yourself a CLUE pal.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
You obviously have no concept of where the BRUINS are at this point in this run with this current group of players. You are lost in space. Subban will turn out to be a HAB killer in goal may be the most ignorant single statement I have ever read anywhere with the fact that we just signed the Vezina winner to a 7 year deal....Get yourself a CLUE pal.

I must be Lost In Space. I need to go search for that elusive clue as to where your six-million-dollar fourth line proposal is a great idea. And I'm not your internet pal.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
How about you try and understand the team you root for ?

Let me fill you in. The BRUINS are a win now team. That means they are built to win now.

Shrimpy Spooner and shrimpy Ko Ko are not going to help us do that. They are nothing but chips. As for Subban....He will not play in BOSTON for at least 5 years as a starter and maybe not even then. Why do we need him ? Please tell me because you are so smart about the value of our prospects.

KELLY however can be a nice gritty 4th liner who already has his name on Stanley and knows what it takes. Do I like paying him 3m to play line 4...No, but it is not the end of the world. Truth is we cant trade him because we overvalued his salary and nobody is going to pay him that either. So we need to make the best of it.

In case you have not noticed the team is a seasoned, grizzled, veteran team built to win in the next 5 years at least one more cup to make the era hugely successful.

Your prospects mean almost nothing to this team right now.

I don't think you understand the salary cap. You can't have your center of the 4th line making 3 mill no matter which way you look at it. As for Spooner and Koko, PC said he wanted a little more speed and they've got it. Also helps us a lot with the cap when they're only on the ELC's.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
no thanks to Perron. Would rather give young money cash money billionaire Kane a chance.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
I certainly hope Morrow has more upside than Miller, if not that is a bad situation. Miller is a 6-7 dman at best and he is turning 28, Morrow is projected to be 2-4 dman and is 22.

I agree, but to start next season with Morrow and bench Miller for him? No way.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Kelly and McQuaid make the most sense to me and that usually means it won't happen so I don't have a clue what Chiarelli is going to do.

trudatman*

lots of people in this thread have no concept of the salary cap. have to fit everybody you are keeping, everybody you are acquiring, get Savard millions on there for the first contract day of the season and allow for about five million in bonuses achieved that will count against the cap. you folks that are thinking they can dump Kelly and McQuaid (stupid) and then sign somebody are extremely far off. just because the current team was a fit last season doesn't mean they will be this season. the cap ignorance is really strong in this fanbase.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
lots of people in this thread have no concept of the salary cap. have to fit everybody you are keeping, everybody you are acquiring, get Savard millions on there for the first contract day of the season and allow for about five million in bonuses achieved that will count against the cap. you folks that are thinking they can dump Kelly and McQuaid (stupid) and then sign somebody are extremely far off. just because the current team was a fit last season doesn't mean they will be this season. the cap ignorance is really strong in this fanbase.

I am pretty sure that if they got rid of Kelly and McQuaid and did not sign any UFA's that they would be well under the cap even giving Krug and Smith very good raises.
Of course if they really do want to sign Iginla then someone else has to go too unless it is another bonus laden contract.

This roster gets them under the cap with room to spare and they can still make deals to improve the team any time before the trade deadline.

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
CapGeek Armchair GM Roster
FORWARDS
Milan Lucic ($6.000m) / David Krejci ($5.250m) / Loui Eriksson ($4.250m)
Brad Marchand ($4.500m) / Patrice Bergeron ($6.500m) / Reilly Smith ($3.000m)
Ryan Spooner ($0.760m) / Carl Soderberg ($1.008m) / Matt Fraser ($1.000m)
Daniel Paille ($1.300m) / Gregory Campbell ($1.600m) / Jared Knight ($0.760m)
Bobby Robins ($0.600m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Zdeno Chara ($6.917m) / Dougie Hamilton ($0.894m)
Johnny Boychuk ($3.367m) / Dennis Seidenberg ($4.000m)
Torey Krug ($3.000m) / Kevan Miller ($0.800m)
Joe Morrow ($0.863m) /
GOALTENDERS
Tuukka Rask ($7.000m)
Niklas Svedberg ($0.600m)
LTIR
Marc Savard ($4.027m)
BONUS OVERAGE
$4,750,000
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $71,100,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,719,167; BONUSES: $820,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $2,380,833

Maybe that is not the best roster possible but it is under the cap and it is under the cap just by moving Kelly and McQuaid.

I don't think everyone is as ignorant as you are claiming they are.

sun2478

Nov 21, 2006
Other. Milan Lucic. IMHO he is not worth his contract now and will be looking for a lot of money in 2016.

trudatman*

....under the cap just by moving Kelly and McQuaid....
and Iginla and Bartkowski and Caron and Johnson and (obviously) Thornton. my point was I don't think people have a firm grasp on how many players need to not return to make the numbers work. yours works, it seems, but it's certainly losing more than just Kelly and McQuaid. I don't think they are all that likely to lose either of those dudes, though, so I'd like to see more creative shuffling from those with big ideas.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
I cringe when I see people's lineups including Kelly still on this team and trading Boychuk.

Why the hell would we trade a top 3 defenseman that played better than any of our other dmen throughout the playoffs besides Dougie? Boychuk's cap hit is fair for what he brings, Kelly on the other hand is coming off surgery and has been replaced by Soda as the third line C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad