Speculation: Predict who's being dealt before/during the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Can you predict which Bruin player(s) might be dealt during the next 48 hours...
Bodies should be on the move, to open cap room for retention of players and/or free agency.

Multiple choices allowed.

Polls close within 48hours.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Boychuk (3.36) (and a piece)
for
Perron (3.8)

Move Morrow into rotation and save a ton of $. Hopefully trade Kelly as well. Don't sign Iggy. Get way younger, faster, cheaper.

Lucic--Krejci--Loui
Perron--Bergeron--Smith
Spooner--Soda--Marchand (I think he could handle RW)
Pie--Soup--kid
Robins (13th)

Chara-Hamilton
Krug--Seidenberg (has played R lots before)
Morrow--Lone Wolf
Miller

or Marchand and Spooner for Kane:

Kane--Krejci--Loui
Lucic--Bergeron--Smith
Kelly--Soda--kid
Pie--Soup--kid
Robins (13th)

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Quaider out West (Edmonton or something) for a late pick. He's the only one I'm sure they'll move.

Picks are always a safe bet as well.

If they are trading Marchand, I think they'll take their time with it. I still don't think they'll trade him though.

No use dealing Kelly unless you absolutely have to. He's the kind of guy that would get dealt after a big move goes down, not before.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
It would behoove us to move out salary SOONER rather than later as to not make us an RFA offer-sheet poacher target for Krug/Smith.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I was going to go with McQuaid but my wife twisted my arm (not really) and FORCED:sarcasm: me to pick Marchand.... She always picks the seventh player award correctly and the best picks on the menu of any restaurant so I went with him. :help:
I can see them also thinking about moving Campbell especially if they don't move Kelly and/or Eriksson.

Last edited:

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Kelly will be moved for sure at some point. Would also like to see Eriksson and Marchand dealt for new top 6 wingers i.e. Kane and Kesler or Perron.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Boychuk (3.36) (and a piece)
for
Perron (3.8)

Move Morrow into rotation and save a ton of $. Hopefully trade Kelly as well. Don't sign Iggy. Get way younger, faster, cheaper.

Lucic--Krejci--Loui
Perron--Bergeron--Smith
Spooner--Soda--Marchand (I think he could handle RW)
Pie--Soup--kid
Robins (13th)

Chara-Hamilton
Krug--Seidenberg (has played R lots before)
Morrow--Lone Wolf
Miller

or Marchand and Spooner for Kane:

Kane--Krejci--Loui
Lucic--Bergeron--Smith
Kelly--Soda--kid
Pie--Soup--kid
Robins (13th)

Lucic-Krejci-Perron
Marchand-Bergeron-Iginla
Spooner-Soderberg-Smith
Paille-Campbell-J.Knight
Robins

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg-McQuaid
Krug-Miller
Trotman

Make a move for a top 4 D at the deadline if McQuaid isn't up to task.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
I don't want JB dealt by any stretch bc I think he's super awesome, but he's among the most coveted players we have and his money situation is not optimal for us at the moment, so he is the most likely candidate for me.

If they deal JB, I'll have a hard time stomaching the sight of CK on the ice night after night. Unless he returns to 2011 form of course; at which point all will be forgiven.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I don't want JB dealt by any stretch bc I think he's super awesome, but he's among the most coveted players we have and his money situation is not optimal for us at the moment, so he is the most likely candidate for me.

If they deal JB, I'll have a hard time stomaching the sight of CK on the ice night after night. Unless he returns to 2011 form of course; at which point all will be forgiven.

I think it's definitely a matter of return.

For the same value coming back Kelly vs Boychuk is a no brainer, it's Kelly every time. Older, position where we have some depth etc. However, you're unlikely to get anything of value for him. On the other hand JB could fetch a somewhat decent return, IF you think you can replace him from within, which is obviously the million dollar question.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I think it's definitely a matter of return.

For the same value coming back Kelly vs Boychuk is a no brainer, it's Kelly every time. Older, position where we have some depth etc. However, you're unlikely to get anything of value for him. On the other hand JB could fetch a somewhat decent return, IF you think you can replace him from within, which is obviously the million dollar question.

Are you going to get a durable, hard hitting, aggressive defenseman who is hardly injured and plays like a demon in the playoffs? No? Then I keep Manchuk, deal CK for peanuts and move on. In the playoffs we were desperate for veteran d, if they trade JB for MORE kids, Seids gets hurt in the last game of the season after yet another luke warm trade deadline in '15 and Kelly is still here tripping on his crutches and we go out in the first round (or not make the playoffs at all, Chia will be done like dinner here.
When you trade in your four year old car do you expect to get 99% value back? No, you got service out of it, drove it over some curbs and slammed it into "park" while still rolling...Someone else's headache now.

BTW: Maybe that car analogy is just me!?!:naughty:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad