Pre-Season & Training Camp Thread

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Hey guys , Leafs fan in peace.
How many pts do you guys see Fiala putting up this season?
Thanks.
24-27 goals 27-30 assists 51-57 points

should be in a scoring top 6 role and PP time all year.

my exact guess for him would be 25 goals 29 assists 54 points

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Hey guys , Leafs fan in peace.
How many pts do you guys see Fiala putting up this season?
Thanks.

If Fiala takes Arvidsson's spot on the first line, whoh momma. Am I taking the first pre-season game too seriously? Maybe but Fiala on the first line solves ALOT of roster problems:

Forsberg-Johansen-Fiala (In the first pre-season game Forsberg hattrick 4 pts, Johansen 1 goal 4 pts, Fiala 5 pts)
Tolvanen-Turris-Arvidsson (This looks sexy, Tolvanen to shoot, Arvidsson in the crease, Turris everything else)
Jarnkrok-Bonino-Smith (I like the balance of this line. Smith is not known for his defense but Hook and Bonino can.)

4th line....Let's take a page for Leafs fans and LOL the 4th line.

Watson/Rinaldo/Someone we are not embrassed by-Sissons-Hartman

Last edited:
Reactions: Adz

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Does poile think about taking a run at Stone? I think he would fit nicely in our top 6.
Forsberg Joey arvi
Tolvenen Turris Stone
Fiala Bones Smith
Jarnkrok sissons Hartman

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Fiala in a contract year is a dangerous situation for opponents. If he has a goal for his scoring production, it’s because his agent said “You need to score X goals/points to get paid $X”. I think the kid is tired of that ELC.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Can't quote the whole thing because it's behind a paywall but Vingan asked Josi about Ellis taking less money so they could keep the core together and stay a contender and this was his response.

“Yeah, I think so,” the Predators captain said when asked if he and others will have to follow Ellis’ example to keep the team together. “We’ve got a great group, great core here, and we’ve been together for a long time. Everybody was kind of on their (entry-level contracts), their first deals. And now everybody gets to be on their second deal and third deal. Whatever Ryan did was the right mindset. You’ve got to make sure we can keep that core together. For that (to happen), you’ve got to do your part, too.”

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Can't quote the whole thing because it's behind a paywall but Vingan asked Josi about Ellis taking less money so they could keep the core together and stay a contender and this was his response.

“Yeah, I think so,” the Predators captain said when asked if he and others will have to follow Ellis’ example to keep the team together. “We’ve got a great group, great core here, and we’ve been together for a long time. Everybody was kind of on their (entry-level contracts), their first deals. And now everybody gets to be on their second deal and third deal. Whatever Ryan did was the right mindset. You’ve got to make sure we can keep that core together. For that (to happen), you’ve got to do your part, too.”

Coming from Josi, that quote makes me really optimistic about his next deal.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
what exactly did ellis do? he got term and money. it wasn't a bad deal but it wasn't great. quite the difference from the deals ekholm, ellis, and josi were/are on. hell even the deals forsberg and arvy are currently on.

*i am not against players getting paid. they worked hard for it. but if everyone follows ellis' lead, then a core player will likely be out the door in 2-3 years.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro

8 million for 8 years

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Tolvanen-Johansen-Forsberg
Fiala-Bonino-Smith

Looks like classic 52 card pick up. Almost seems like the coach is trying to find PP lines.

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
Tolvanen-Johansen-Forsberg
Fiala-Bonino-Smith

Looks like classic 52 card pick up. Almost seems like the coach is trying to find PP lines.

Meh, it's good for preseason - the first two lines, assuming they don't change from last season, when we get into 'proper' hockey have played together long enough and have enough chemistry to pick it up from training without necessarily playing much together preseason. This way we get to see what Eeli and Fiala can do potetially for PP, potentially for future line alterations, but also what the options are if anything goes wrong - injuries or bad form. Exactly what preseason should be. Time for beer, nachos and hockey for the first time in freaking months (I missed both Panthers games.)

It may only be preseason, but I'm way too happy just to see the guys on the ice!

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
I still have nightmares about our PP passing the puck around for 1.55 so I can't fault Tolvanen for taking every shot he got there. Zero cover for Pekka on those goals, he looks preseason though - just a split second off on reacting to those rebounds.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
im not gonna act like i am watching the game but it is zero surprise the 4th line w/ rinaldo on it has been on the ice for all 3 goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad