Low Effort GDT Pre season Sens vs Habs 3rd edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I’d say Kastelic got a draw last game.

I am not talking about tonight which was a nothing fight where Watson didn’t throw a punch (which he does pretty frequently) and didn’t get punched out.

The « lights punched out » was an overstatement in relation to Watson’s overall tenure with the team. I should have said beat up.

My point is just that I don’t see much « deterrent » value in Watson when he never wins fights.

Doesn’t mean he’s not a contributor, like Mick said he does a lot of other things, but his fighting isn’t a big plus in my book.

Sorry I thought your comments in tonight’s thread about watson fighting were about watson fighting tonight .

So Kastelic got a draw last game and Watson a draw tonight - we know watson isn’t trying to impress. Who else do you want to fight ?

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
All good - we disagree. If Saby was a better fighter than lucic (younger) he’d be in the league and have several impressive fighting wins. He also got KO’d in the nhl.
He's not a better fighter than Lucic, but he's good enough to get a win in against him. You don't beat Lucic in a fight unless you're a decent fighter. And if he can beat Lucic he can beat this punk defenseman on Montreal.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
He's not a better fighter than Lucic, but he's good enough to get a win in against him. You don't beat Lucic in a fight unless you're a decent fighter. And if he can beat Lucic he can beat this punk defenseman on Montreal.

Meh - he’s been pounded by Lucic too. Saby is in the AHL because he’s an AHL player and AHL fighter . X is already a better fighter than Saby will ever be. He’s got 30lbs on Saby. End of story.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Sorry I thought your comments in tonight’s thread about watson fighting were about watson fighting tonight .

So Kastelic got a draw last game and Watson a draw tonight - we know watson isn’t trying to impress. Who else do you want to fight ?

Why do you think I want someone else to fight?

I didn’t even think Watson fighting Xhekaj was necessary or useful.

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa
Why do you think I want someone else to fight?

I didn’t even think Watson fighting Xhekaj was necessary or useful.
Wasn’t very useful but it was necessary. They were targeting Timmy tonight and Xhekaj is a dirtbag.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Sanderson is becoming better every game. Dare I say he was our best dman again tonight.

He will be our best defensive defenceman probably by the end of the season.
That’s been inevitable since the day we drafted him.

Reactions: Viletho

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The players obviously have to keep an eye on the kid given that he’s already injured 3 of our kids in rookie tourneys over the last two years.

He’s looking to make an impact in his organization, and hopefully get a job, and most of our lineup is looking at the regular season next week.

Good reminder for everyone to keep their heads up, but also no need for anyone to break hands in preseason fights. Bring up Sabs and throw Kastelic in if we need to entertain the kid again.

We can always start banging around their NHL players if we want to play that way, though part of me wants to focus on our lines and PP/PK, and get to the regular season without incident.

We can go hard when there is something on the line, games against them are always heated.

Entertaining game for the most part. I liked the top two lines with swapped centres, and I like our D pairings. Sandy and Hammy looked good, and Bran was doing some Bran things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia