Low Effort GDT Pre season Sens vs Habs 3rd edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Notice who's on the 3rd pair. Got to anticipate the incoming comments any second now. LOL.

Last edited:

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa
Notice who's on the 3rd pair. Got to anticipate the incoming comments and second now. LOL.

So, in my opinion we should be very careful evaluating Brannstrom in this situation. Here is the perfect example where that +/- stat might not be accurate in showing a real picture of how certain player did. So, the eye test will be very crucial here, IMO.

Reactions: HSF

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
So, in my opinion we should be very careful evaluating Brannstrom in this situation. Here is the perfect example where that +/- stat might not be accurate in showing a real picture of how certain player did. So, the eye test will be very crucial here, IMO.
Yes, true.

I wonder if JBD will see any action? Trying to focus on him and how he's playing.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Really like seeing the Norris/Timmy swap. Cat is a better playmaker than he is given credit for. I think Norris has two good setup men on that line.

Brady/Stu/Batherson is a well balanced line. Think it helps having Brady with Timmy too from a toughness standpoint.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Really like seeing the Norris/Timmy swap. Cat is a better playmaker than he is given credit for. I think Norris has two good setup men on that line.

Brady/Stu/Batherson is a well balanced line. Think it helps having Brady with Timmy too from a toughness standpoint.
looks like we got a new first lineeee

• Haha
Reactions: senswon

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Brannstrom did have his best game playing beside 22. I am not indicating any correlation, just pointing out that it doesn’t need to drag him down.
Z got walked a bunch of times that game

it definitely has an impact

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's the ultimate test for Brannstrom.

Whats really funny to me is that on Saturday he did play with Zaitsev. He did thrive, but that was in spite of him. The next thing I found interesting was that they switched Thomson to Brannstroms d partner and Zaitsev off. They proceeded to play well together then they sent Thomson down and scratched Zaitsev. Hard to wrap my head around how they are trying to evaluate both 26 and 22 here.

Interesting to see the switch of Norris and Stutzle.

I thought the third line would get the night off here then they go with the full lineup the last game of the pre season.

Reactions: Cosmix and HSF

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
looks like we got a new first lineeee
At this point the first line looks like Cat/Norris/Giroux.

Maybe it's pre-season but Brady/Timmy/Norris have looked pretty average. In Stu's case, he's been really weak on the puck/turning it over too.

Hoping it's just a matter of them not caring much....

Reactions: Alex1234

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Z got walked a bunch of times that game

it definitely has an impact
It doesn’t need to impact Brannstrom’s game, he just needs to play his game. And please refer to the other guy as player 22, I don’t want to read his name unless it’s in a transaction.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
It doesn’t need to impact Brannstrom’s game, he just needs to play his game. And please refer to the other guy as player 22, I don’t want to read his name unless it’s in a transaction.
Def brannstrom can play his game but it is much harder when your 'vet' partner is ass which creates a lot of chaos

Reactions: DJB

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Def brannstrom can play his game but it is much harder when your 'vet' partner is ass which creates a lot of chaos
I want to see him play properly and not get all out of position because player 22 sucks. Let DJ have full visibility of the tire fire on the right side.

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021
Brannstrom did have his best game playing beside 22. I am not indicating any correlation, just pointing out that it doesn’t need to drag him down.

I was being slightly facetious, or something.
(I thought Brann played a good game in spite of ... well, whatever.)

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
That forward lineup is pretty darn quick and has a healthy element of toughness.

The D lineup will look pretty decent IF Brannstrom can continue to show promise like he did last game and if Sanderson adjusts to NHL pace quickly. I still think they need another RD who can push the pace and/or be really strong in the neutral zone, ala Zub.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Not sure where I'll be able to stream the game...

Only hoping for one game with Zaitsev
Not going to keep my hopes up though
Honestly just hope the team plays well
One week left until the regular season
Can't wait to see this team play
Kastelic should get a spot on this team
Easy win
Young guys need to step up

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad