GDT: Pre-Season LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @7:00pm 9/27/23

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
We get scared every year. Then how many guys end up being taken, from anywhere? Oh no, that RFA might be a prime target for an offer sheet. He doesn't get an offer sheet.

Every team has a couple of their own versions of Thomas. If someone claims him, they have to keep him. A guy that's almost 24 with no time in the NHL.
I agree but I’ve always rated him highly and firmly believe it’s injury that is the only reason he is not an nhl player. I don’t blame the Kings for the situation but I still think we’d regret it.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I think it’s time the Kings move on from Lizzo and give Thomas a shot for the spot. As much as I love and admire Lizzottes heart and tenacity, he is someone who gets injured in the playoffs due to his size and becomes useless.

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I am pleased to see that the consensus on HFBoards is that Mark Stone is a bitch

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I believe he will be better player to JAD, Fagemo and Grundstrom.

P.S. Grundstrom has his moments, but he has very low hockey IQ and do not have consistent motor.
Better or not, I would probably keep Thomas as well just based on what we know about those players. Grundstrom can really bring it, but if he's not then he's terrible. Plus it saves salary over Grundy.

saintsnsoldiers

GO KINGS GO
Jun 13, 2007
Arizona, Tucson
How did Clarke look overall? I was late to the game but from what I saw + OT he looked like Brandt Clarke, so, good.
His passes and thought process with the puck were outstanding and totally smoked Rempal with a huge hit. Had a great pass up the ice off the boards to a team mate in OT. Think he finished with over 25 min of ice time. He's ready.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I think it’s time the Kings move on from Lizzo and give Thomas a shot for the spot. As much as I love and admire Lizzottes heart and tenacity, he is someone who gets injured in the playoffs due to his size and becomes useless.
Maybe next year if Thomas keeps it up.

Lizotte is one of the best 4th liners in the league by production measures, 35 points is fantastic for his TOI. He's also pretty durable, he's only missed a few playoff games and plays pretty much full seasons. It's a pretty big risk to put Thomas in there. Not just for production, but Thomas has had a lot more durability issues than Lizotte has had.

Put Lizotte on the third between a couple of scorers and he's going to be high 40's in points, possibly 50. He's RFA after this season, but he's still going to get a solid raise. It would still be difficult to swap them unless Thomas becomes a great bang-for-buck guy like Lizotte is. Blake is one of our most efficient uses of cap space right now.

Reactions: David Lunch

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Lewis is a never-will-bee and Has-been and plain garbage...he should just retire already and be the coach of an ECHL team or something he has nothing to offer as a player and never did...the Kings should move on from Lewis and Lizotte and bring in the youngsters for the 4th line and the 13th-14th Forward positions
* TWO time cup winner & former first liner on the King's.

Edit: take a few days break & everyone piles on Lewis. We're better than that.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I was at the game. Been saying it all summer, Thomas deserves a shot.

The 4th line of Grundstrom-Lizotte-Lewis is boring and awful. It’s not young, fast or tough. What’s the point?
I'd keep Grundstrom because he can play both Wing positions and anywhere in the line up that's a plus!The rest are junk and should thrown out with the Trash

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I am pleased to see that the consensus on HFBoards is that Mark Stone is a bitch

this thread should be mandatory reading holy shit what a great find

something like 210 likes on the first guy to call OP an idiot

eating-hungry.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Zissou

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014

It says a lot when the main board is more or less in complete agreement. Most nights they can’t even agree that sexual assault is a bad thing.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
We get scared every year. Then how many guys end up being taken, from anywhere? Oh no, that RFA might be a prime target for an offer sheet. He doesn't get an offer sheet.

Every team has a couple of their own versions of Thomas. If someone claims him, they have to keep him. A guy that's almost 24 with no time in the NHL.

I never mentioned an offer sheet.

This year is different, with a number of potential future NHLer's potentially going on waivers.

Compounded with Blake announcing a strategy where he won't keep a few rosters to try to build a few bucks savings.

We put a lot of draft pick and development time the last thing I want to see is another Cernak or McNab situation.

Clarke looks more ready to take a spot and contribute than I anticipated.

I suggest he should rethink things and keep a full roster until he can do some further evaluation for what he thinks he needs and determine who to cast off and who to keep.

Maybe even send down some guys that are not eligible for waivers that otherwise you keep in the NHL if they have a sub par preseason.

Guys I don't care about losing on waivers:

JAD
Lewis
Englund
Santini
Hicketts
Conauton

Guys I don't want to lose on waivers:

Fagemo
Akil
Bjornfot
Moverare

Reactions: Kurrilino

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
My question is if Fagemo or Thomas or Turcotte (even if he's waiver eligible) or someone else beats out Lewis or Lizotte for a roster spot. Do the Kings actually waive those "vet" guys for the kids that won a spot?

We know the Top9 is pretty much set and the Top4 Dman pairings.

Byfield-Kopitar-Kempe
Fiala-PLD-Kaliyev
Moore-Danault-Arvidsson

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Roy

So there are 4 fwd spots available and 2 Dman spots available (due to cap).

The forward spots have Lizotte, Lewis, Grundstrum as the leading candidates with JAD the sub to make the team. Knocking on the door is Fagemo, Thomas, Turcotte, Laferiere (last 2 are still waiver eligible). Do the Kings risk losing Fagemo and Thomas for 36 year old vet pk guy Lewis? Are the Kings really that stupid?

The defense is a little more open. We know the 3rd RHD will be either Clarke or Spence. The last remaining spot on LHD comes down to Bjornfot, Moverare, Englund. Bjornfot is the leading candidate to make the team. Do the Kings risk losing youngish Bjornfot for career AHL depth defenseman?

I hope that the Kings don't just go vet heavy even if the young guys win the jobs

Reactions: Statto and kings11

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Maybe next year if Thomas keeps it up.

Lizotte is one of the best 4th liners in the league by production measures, 35 points is fantastic for his TOI. He's also pretty durable, he's only missed a few playoff games and plays pretty much full seasons. It's a pretty big risk to put Thomas in there. Not just for production, but Thomas has had a lot more durability issues than Lizotte has had.

Put Lizotte on the third between a couple of scorers and he's going to be high 40's in points, possibly 50. He's RFA after this season, but he's still going to get a solid raise. It would still be difficult to swap them unless Thomas becomes a great bang-for-buck guy like Lizotte is. Blake is one of our most efficient uses of cap space right now.
Lizzo has gotten injured twice in the last two years in the post season. I agree With everything you say but he does get absolutely decimated every year in the post season.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
We shouldn't even think about losing Fagemo, he is Kempe 2.0
His game style is a clone of scoring goals and nothing else
Tf outta here with that nonsense, he’s nowhere near Kempe’s level and what keeps him in Ontario is his lack of defensive and involvement/drive.. yes he can score a bit but doesn’t bring much else

Reactions: funky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad