GDT: Pre-Season LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @7:00pm 9/27/23

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
This looks like me after my toddler picked up something from the floor and ate it.

I am disappointed that Clarke didn’t f***ing drill that little bitch in the face for making him look so weak. I thought Clarke had more balls than Doughty. Don’t know why he didn’t put his arms up and at least facewash him. Embarrassing kid. Not doing yourself any favors by cowering.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I've always felt that going after someone over a clean hit is a total bitch move.

It would be one thing if Stone was just annoyed for Hodgson doing that in a preseason game, but bitching about in the press and going after a scrawny rookie who had nothing to do with it is bitch shit.

I wouldn't be opposed to calling up Hodgson for a Vegas game during a regular season.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I don't really have a problem with anything that happened other than Stone bitching in the media. Not a good look for him.

If Kopitar had an injury history and was trucked in pre-season by some AHLer I'd be pissed too, legal hit or not. I have no problems with the hit but have no problems with Vegas starting a fight afterwards either.

Reactions: Gjwrams

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I never mentioned an offer sheet.

This year is different, with a number of potential future NHLer's potentially going on waivers.

Compounded with Blake announcing a strategy where he won't keep a few rosters to try to build a few bucks savings.

We put a lot of draft pick and development time the last thing I want to see is another Cernak or McNab situation.

It's not you mentioning an offer sheet, it's just aother general worry people have all the time, which then more often than not doesn't materialize. Doesn't matter how good an RFA is, he's most likely not getting an offer sheet. Every team has a couple Thomas type players, who they've invested their own time in, and would like to see them contribute. Most players pass through waivers, and very few that get claimed do anything. There's always the chance things turn out bad for the Kings because they again make the wrong choice though. However, not the same as Cernak or McNabb.

And that post-game Stone stuff is funny. It totally bothered him being punked by a player beneath himself. He'll miss the 2nd half and then come back for the playoffs again though, like a good C does.

Vote4Lubo

Axl's other other account
Feb 28, 2016
Antarctica
I am disappointed that Clarke didn’t f***ing drill that little bitch in the face for making him look so weak. I thought Clarke had more balls than Doughty. Don’t know why he didn’t put his arms up and at least facewash him. Embarrassing kid. Not doing yourself any favors by cowering.
Clarke is not about that life. Knowing Clarke from interviews, he probably said something stupid. Probably deserved a few but let it be a lesson. Great hit tho I'd like to see more of that from the team in general.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I think if you’re that terrified of being trucked in the pre season then you shouldn’t be playing. I don’t care if it’s Kopitar or his mom. There’s people who are trying to make a big impact for their livelihoods. And we all know if Kempe got iced by some echl goon Kopitar would have just cuddled him anyways.

Also, if you’re in a full contact sport that has fighting in it, and you have the face Clarke did when stone was holding him. He’s going to have to learn to be a man and stand up for himself. He will get iced if he doesn’t and they know he won’t do anything. It’s better to be a warrior in a garden than be gardener in a war.

That’s why as much as I admire players like Kopitar and Doughty, I never thought of them in the least bit intimidating. Doughty got iced by Tkachuk and he didn’t do anything about it. It was embarrassing. And Kopitar as a captain never stands up for his teammates. That’s a hard sell for anyone.

Fripp

Sep 6, 2005
Portland, OR
I've always felt that going after someone over a clean hit is a total bitch move.
Easily the worst part of hockey culture for me. Hitting is a part of the game and hard, legal hits are beautiful. Why should someone have to take punch to the face for nailing someone fair and square with a hockey play? Every time, I'm like ...
giphy.gif

Reactions: Schrute farms

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
This looks like me after my toddler picked up something from the floor and ate it.

Stone is becoming more hateable by the minute.. roughing up a kid because he thought it was boarding.. i mean i guess if im playing on a surgically repaired back anything that puts it in jeopardy gets my hackles up but thats NHL hockey in fact, you should retire if you cant handle it.

Reactions: kinghock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad