GDT: Pre-Season LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @7:00pm 9/27/23

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016

Even their fans are a bunch of whiny bitches.

At least Kings fans arent this deluded. No one said you arent allowed to hit Brown the following seasons because he was the captain of the Stanley Cup winning team. What even is that statement?! Just so ridiculous. Love Martinez but everything about that team is so unlikable and judging by the main boards everyone else is on the same page.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Tf outta here with that nonsense, he’s nowhere near Kempe’s level and what keeps him in Ontario is his lack of defensive and involvement/drive.. yes he can score a bit but doesn’t bring much else
Exactly this has been said about Kempe and people screamed on a daily base that he should be traded asap until he hit 25 of age.
Kempe didn't score at all, then scored very streaky and then got it together and is even playing with an edge.
Same thing will happen to Fagemo also i don't even want to see him near to a defense coach.
Top line winger have one job only, scoring goals.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
My question is if Fagemo or Thomas or Turcotte (even if he's waiver eligible) or someone else beats out Lewis or Lizotte for a roster spot. Do the Kings actually waive those "vet" guys for the kids that won a spot?

We know the Top9 is pretty much set and the Top4 Dman pairings.

Byfield-Kopitar-Kempe
Fiala-PLD-Kaliyev
Moore-Danault-Arvidsson

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Roy

So there are 4 fwd spots available and 2 Dman spots available (due to cap).

The forward spots have Lizotte, Lewis, Grundstrum as the leading candidates with JAD the sub to make the team. Knocking on the door is Fagemo, Thomas, Turcotte, Laferiere (last 2 are still waiver eligible). Do the Kings risk losing Fagemo and Thomas for 36 year old vet pk guy Lewis? Are the Kings really that stupid?

The defense is a little more open. We know the 3rd RHD will be either Clarke or Spence. The last remaining spot on LHD comes down to Bjornfot, Moverare, Englund. Bjornfot is the leading candidate to make the team. Do the Kings risk losing youngish Bjornfot for career AHL depth defenseman?

I hope that the Kings don't just go vet heavy even if the young guys win the jobs

The answer is yes because there is a conflict of interest with Blake's guy, TMac, expiring at season end and Blake expiring end of next season .

They are all in and this may cause them to lose a potential future NHLer or more on waivers.

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
At least Kings fans arent this deluded. No one said you arent allowed to hit Brown the following seasons because he was the captain of the Stanley Cup winning team. What even is that statement?! Just so ridiculous. Love Martinez but everything about that team is so unlikable and judging by the main boards everyone else is on the same page.
Vegas is going to find out what "Stanley Cup Champions" really means, every team they play this year will be "Best Effort" and that wears a team down.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Vegas is going to find out what "Stanley Cup Champions" really means, every team they play this year will be "Best Effort" and that wears a team down.
It's a literal huge target on your backs. The Kings got constantly ran after they won.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
I meant to post this picture of Akil last night. Pretend I did.

jax.jpg

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
And who might those be??? Fagemo, Madden, JAD all suck ass and have failed to claim a roster spot.
Akil I’ve always been a fan of and would keep him over any of the three above… shit I was a fan of Amadio and would have kept him over the 3 stooges
I wouldn't go so far as say Suck ASS...Some players need to go to make room for the youngsters,why have a "Farm" team and try to develop players that are trying to make your team better not worse

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Exactamundo. Also, I want credit from you for pumping Kempe’s tires from the beginning.
Count me in for hailing Kempe...he needed a great Centre(Anze Kopi-Star) to get him going and veteran leadership(Viktor Arvidsson) from a Countrymen. My team became the Kings with Juha Widing in 1971 along with Rogatien Vachon,Butch Goring...A Swede, a French Canadiens and Western Canadian!!!Hated like hell when Serge Bernier bolted for the WHA...he was a great player like the rest! PS Like to see Kempe score 50-55

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Exactly this has been said about Kempe and people screamed on a daily base that he should be traded asap until he hit 25 of age.
Kempe didn't score at all, then scored very streaky and then got it together and is even playing with an edge.
Same thing will happen to Fagemo also i don't even want to see him near to a defense coach.
Top line winger have one job only, scoring goals.
No it was not, the first thing that was said was why continue to try him at center after he fizzled.. because he had a nice run centering Toffoli and Pearson but that was due more to his wingers than Kempe.
Defensively, he’s always been much better than Fagemo minus the bone headed penalties would always take. His effort is always there on both ends now where as Fagemo is useless is he isn’t being feed.

Reactions: Statto

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
The answer is yes because there is a conflict of interest with Blake's guy, TMac, expiring at season end and Blake expiring end of next season .

They are all in and this may cause them to lose a potential future NHLer or more on waivers.
They are going to lose someone maybe 2 or at worst 3

triplcrown

Jul 23, 2006
SF Valley, SoCal
If we were to put Lewis thru waivers, nobody would take him, and he
could provide great leadership down in Ontario.

Plus, we could bring him up for the POs, if we wanted.

It would be all good.

Just sayin'.

• Wow
Reactions: FSL KINGS

JTeller97

Dec 25, 2020

It would be all good.

Just sayin'.
more likely byfield/kaliyev get sent down than lewis

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013

It would be all good.

Just sayin'.
Yes daddy.

And then we claim Kyle Clifford on waivers and ship out Englund and Bjornfot to the Moon.

Reactions: kingsfan28

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
A little surprised to see Clarke get the "Doughty minutes" treatment in his first game back going against the cup champions, but good on him stepping up and playing a great game
He certainly did not look out of place.

Kid has “it”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad