GDT: Pre-Season LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @7:00pm 9/27/23

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Well, a very fun watch, though the Vegas team made it an unbearable listen.

Thought Laferriere, Clarke, and Thomas all looked great.

Madden got better as the game went on.

I might have seen one good shift from Chromiak this game.
yeah that was a real challenge and that first group while not amazing, held up their end. chromiak has been an immense disappointment to say the least this preseason

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
yeah that was a real challenge and that first group while not amazing, held up their end. chromiak has been an immense disappointment to say the least this preseason
I really want to like him. And I know it's preseason, but these past couple games have me feeling like 11th on the list is still generous. Just a nonfactor without the puck, and rarely in a spot to be a player with the puck.

Reactions: Fishhead and tny760

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Nah at worst if you’re being uncharitable it was millisecond late but that is far from being dirty.
Clean
Screenshot_20230927_225034_X.jpg

If the Kings lose Fagemo or Thomas because they signed Lewis. I'm going to be so f-ing pissed. I will never understand why they brought him back. And don't say veteran depth because this team is all veteran depth with little youth.
They brought Lewis back for penalty killing.

Reactions: ru4reals

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
Well, a very fun watch, though the Vegas team made it an unbearable listen.

Thought Laferriere, Clarke, and Thomas all looked great.

Madden got better as the game went on.

I might have seen one good shift from Chromiak this game.
Couldn’t take their guy and the tv feed was a few seconds ahead of iHeart so just kept hitting pause until they were synced 5 mins into the second, just couldn’t change the station then but it was pretty good with the kings play by play and Darrell on color……new guy was better than Faust imo

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
If the Kings lose Fagemo or Thomas because they signed Lewis. I'm going to be so f-ing pissed. I will never understand why they brought him back. And don't say veteran depth because this team is all veteran depth with little youth.
Lewis is a never-will-bee and Has-been and plain garbage...he should just retire already and be the coach of an ECHL team or something he has nothing to offer as a player and never did...the Kings should move on from Lewis and Lizotte and bring in the youngsters for the 4th line and the 13th-14th Forward positions

Reactions: KingsOfCali25

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Does Thomas still have waiver immunity?
And LA's going to lose some youngsters because they had to bring back useless(Puck in the Ocean) Lewis for the love of Cristos!Makes me sick really...I've hated few LA Kings players over the 50 years but he along with Dave Schultz are 2

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Blake needs to keep a full roster.

Some of these guys could be a waiver wire reclamation project for some teams

We get scared every year. Then how many guys end up being taken, from anywhere? Oh no, that RFA might be a prime target for an offer sheet. He doesn't get an offer sheet.

Every team has a couple of their own versions of Thomas. If someone claims him, they have to keep him. A guy that's almost 24 with no time in the NHL.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
And LA's going to lose some youngsters because they had to bring back useless(Puck in the Ocean) Lewis for the love of Cristos!Makes me sick really...I've hated few LA Kings players over the 50 years but he along with Dave Schultz are 2
And who might those be??? Fagemo, Madden, JAD all suck ass and have failed to claim a roster spot.
Akil I’ve always been a fan of and would keep him over any of the three above… shit I was a fan of Amadio and would have kept him over the 3 stooges

Reactions: regulate

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
You guys always bring up those self made statistics based on expectations or other spiritual measurements made by guys living in mom's basement to get twitter clicks.
What does it even mean "Offensive impact above average? What is the average?

The official description reads as follows:
"Identify which parts of a player's game contributed positively or negatively towards their overall performance"

So a guy like Madden, who scores the game winner in overtime, is the one where offense impacts his overall game most negative of all players? :loony:

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
And who might those be??? Fagemo, Madden, JAD all suck ass and have failed to claim a roster spot.
Akil I’ve always been a fan of and would keep him over any of the three above… shit I was a fan of Amadio and would have kept him over the 3 stooges
We shouldn't even think about losing Fagemo, he is Kempe 2.0
His game style is a clone of scoring goals and nothing else

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
What forward are they going to lose? Madden, Thomas, Fagemo? A dime a dozen. These guys have little to no NHL experience. They will fly through waivers as fast as those 10-0 score predictions for last night's game. Happens every year. The real risk is if you waive Bjornfot. A young D man, smooth skater, high pick, 100 NHL games. Those guys don't grow on trees. Kings will keep him. Slight risk that Moverare would be grabbed. Englund will pass through yet again. There some concern someone would take Rittich if they have a goalie depth or injury problem in camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad