GDT: Pre-Season Game 7-Devils v.s. Flyers

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Kalinin's likely going to be on the 4th line anyway...as long as he chips in a few goals and plays solid hockey he's doing his job.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I know it's just the preseason, but I'm glad JJ is still here and wasn't run out of town by PDB.

Deleted member 28548

Kalinin's likely going to be on the 4th line anyway...as long as he chips in a few goals and plays solid hockey he's doing his job.
Wish the Devils had a fellow Russian player on the final NHL roster to help ease the language barrier difficulties and culture issues Kalinin will continue to deal with. He's got a lot to contend with aside from acclimating to the NHL game.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Wish the Devils had a fellow Russian player on the final NHL roster to help ease the language barrier and culture issues Kalinin will continue to deal with.

I hear there's some high-scoring Russian winger looking to come to the U.S. but it won't be until next season :sarcasm:

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
not sure what this hard decision is about Zacha. I was at the game tonight and forgot he was even on the ice. Didn't see him do anything special at all. He isn't ready for the big league and anyone who was thinking he would be was kidding themselves. Give him a few years to develop.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
not sure what this hard decision is about Zacha. I was at the game tonight and forgot he was even on the ice. Didn't see him do anything special at all. He isn't ready for the big league and anyone who was thinking he would be was kidding themselves. Give him a few years to develop.

That's cause he actually wasn't on the ice.

Deleted member 28548

I realize he didn't play in this particular game, but its inclusion in this thread was really nothing more then continuing the ongoing discussion of the preseason so far. Should have posted it elsewhere in hindsight. Hynes, after the game commented on how Zacha made it a difficult decision for management which I thought was worthy of a mentioning regardless of whether or not he makes the final roster. His goal was to make the Devils out of camp this season and to his credit he did everything in his power to contend for a spot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think the important thing is the team and individuals have been improving as preseason went along.

Very pleased with how the guys performed over preseason.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I think the important thing is the team and individuals have been improving as preseason went along.

Very pleased with how the guys performed over preseason.

Yep. The improvement from game to game is really nice to see. I think we'll see a lot of growth this year, and that's a good thing for this team and the players on it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There are game highlights on the Devils YouTube channel, goal song sounds good

I think the siren is awesome! Maybe it just sounded cool over the radio feed.

I thought it was cheesy at first, like the one the Capitals use. Ours is a little cooler though.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
they put the whole game on youtube(1 hour 8 minutes long).

What I learned from watching that, I didn't realize the horn guy actually is playing RR2 on that thing, while the crowd chant's you suck.

I always heard the you suck chants on TV, never realized the horn guy was actually blowing it to the tune of that song though.

It's hard to make that out when there's commentators, and I haven't been back to the rock for a game since before they changed the goal song.

Last edited:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Just watched the OT and man does Larsson look good. Skating well and really assertive all over the ice. That defensive play on the PK where he just bull rushed the Flyer next to the net all the way to the boards was awesome.

Just noticed that was Simmonds he did that to. Not an easy guy to get rid of in front of the net. Granted Simmonds wasn't completely balanced, but it was a great play.

Last edited:

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
From listing to the Flyer radio broadcast you would think Kalinlin was a Flyer player the way they raved about him, stating that no know whe he is now, but they will soon. Glad to hear he had a very good game. I guess Severson didn't have a good game. However, he's not Gellinis so he gets a pass from most fans.

Last edited:

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
From listing to the Flyer radio broadcast you would think Kalinlin was a Flyer player the way they raved about him, stating that no know whe he is now, but they will soon. Glad to hear he had a very good game. I guess Severson didn't have a good game. However, he's not Gellinis so he gets a pass from most fans.

You seem to be very angry and negative lately. Hope all is well.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I think the siren is awesome! Maybe it just sounded cool over the radio feed.

I thought it was cheesy at first, like the one the Capitals use. Ours is a little cooler though.

I completely missed the siren and I'm having trouble hearing it on YouTube. Is it playing during the goal horn?

But yes, I've always liked the Caps siren. More celebration during a goal is good in my book

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Wow NJ Devils Youtube just posted the entire game from last night if anyone is interested. There are also highlight videos on the youtube page if you rather look for that. Pretty cool! Remember, first period was slow as hell. My favorite player of the night- Larrson, dominated on the puck and dont remember him making any mistakes besides the silly penalty in the first minute of the game:laugh:

Full overtime here

Shootout baby!

Last edited:

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Wow NJ Devils Youtube just posted the entire game from last night if anyone is interested. There are also highlight videos on the youtube page if you rather look for that. Pretty cool! Remember, first period was slow as hell. :laugh:

Larsson from 1:03:49 to 1:04:09

slow-clap.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad