Value of: Trevor Zegras this offseason

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Imo the Ducks would be ecstatic to get 5OA for Zegras. I doubt the Habs would offer that much though.
Why exactly? The gm said he’s done selling and it’s time to start competing for the playoffs. Moving our best offensive player for a guy who won’t be ready for a couple years makes no sense.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Would possibly a Ehlers and Heinola for Zegras be a bit better as Heinola seems like he will turn into a decent defenseman when he finally gets a true shot in the NHL, instead of being stuck in the AHL year after year.
Oh joy an additional possible “decent” defenseman. Not like we have so many better defense prospects..

Your proposal is just not beneficial for the ducks.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Why exactly? The gm said he’s done selling and it’s time to start competing for the playoffs. Moving our best offensive player for a guy who won’t be ready for a couple years makes no sense.
Use the 5OA to trade for the player who the GM believes will help them now.

No.

No.

No.

No.
The value a pkayer has in trade isn’t up to us. We aren’t making the trades. It’s only our opinion. And imo the Ducks would be happy with 5OA. Then they could use that pick to trade for a player to help them win now.

• Haha
Reactions: WhatTheDuck

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA

The value a pkayer has in trade isn’t up to us. We aren’t making the trades. It’s only our opinion. And imo the Ducks would be happy with 5OA. Then they could use that pick to trade for a player to help them win now.
The problem with that is the Ducks shouldn't be the ones taking the risk that there might be a player that they need more than Zegras available for the 5th. Anaheim will set a price and other teams need to meet that if they want Zegras... and it won't be a draft pick. Ducks organizational needs are top pair RHD and top 6 RHS forward that are young enough to fit the core and are NHL ready now (not in 2-3 years). Ducks can probably even get by without trading for a RHS forward... it'll be a potential top pair D that is NHL ready now. The only player trending toward top 4 RHD in the system is Luneau.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

You know who helps us win now? Zegras. Why wouldn’t we just trade our 1st to get a guy who helps us win now? That’s assuming there’s even a player available out.

You can think the Ducks would be happy with the 5ova, but based on everything the GM has said and based on the current roster and prospect pipeline; you’d be 100% wrong.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Then why wouldn't they just trade their own top 5 pick to get this hypothetical guy AND keep Zegras?
Maybe the Ducks’ GM believes Zegras is an extra centre? They have a couple guys who will take a lot of the top minutes. So they would be moving Zegras from a position of strength to fill in a spot where they are weaker.

You know who helps us win now? Zegras. Why wouldn’t we just trade our 1st to get a guy who helps us win now? That’s assuming there’s even a player available out.

You can think the Ducks would be happy with the 5ova, but based on everything the GM has said and based on the current roster and prospect pipeline; you’d be 100% wrong.
Clearly the Ducks will move on from Zegras. We will see what the return is.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Maybe the Ducks’ GM believes Zegras is an extra centre? They have a couple guys who will take a lot of the top minutes. So they would be moving Zegras from a position of strength to fill in a spot where they are weaker.

Where did you come up with “clearly” on something not clear at all?

Like we’re still waiting for the “Gibson won’t play another game in Anaheim” rumors from 4 years ago

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Maybe the Ducks’ GM believes Zegras is an extra centre?

At this point outside of faceoffs he's a better C than McTavish.

But even if true, why trade him for the pick just to flip it? If there's a player they really really want/need that can be had for a top 5 pick well guess what, they already have that and can do it without the extra step, and then they can trade Zegras for something else. Seems your way is needlessly complicated except to help out whoever offers the pick.

For that matter if such a wonderful player far more desirable than Zegras is out there to be had for the 5oa, why doesn't said team trade for that player instead and cut the Ducks out?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

Zegras has been the best of the young centers by far. You know that if you watched any Ducks games.

Clearly you don’t know what you’re talking about lol

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Zegras has been the best of the young centers by far. You know that if you watched any Ducks games.

Clearly you don’t know what you’re talking about lol
Montreal fans obviously know more than Anaheim fans about the zegras situation…. Because caufield and zegras are buddies

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Are all Montreal fans this bad? A part of me feels like they are trolling us from their main board.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Are all Montreal fans this bad? A part of me feels like they are trolling us from their main board.
Every fanbase have their irrational ones and usually they are among the loudest. The bigger the fan base the more of them there are. Imo ot's less to do with the team/city but it's just human nature

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks

You should give up. It’s getting embarrassing and will only prove to get worse for you.

• Haha
Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Z isn't untouchable, but he's close to untouchable. This is what people who don't watch the Ducks don't seem to understand.

I don't think this is accurate. I think the Ducks are open to a Zegras trade but more of a 1/1 trade where they add to another area of team need but someone with Zegras's pedigree and already in the NHL.

Not a fan opinion. From P Lebrun who is respected. I think this is the accurate description of the situation.

The Ducks have listened on Trevor Zegras. My understanding is they haven't phoned a single team and brought up his name,” LeBrun told TSN's Jay Onrait. “This is other teams because it's been out there, picking up the phone and saying 'What's going on here? ' and the Ducks haven't hung up.”

Reactions: Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
You should give up. It’s getting embarrassing and will only prove to get worse for you.
We shall see if Zegras is traded this off season and what the return is. IMO he will be traded and the return will either be directly a player (or players) who help the club now or picks that are flipped for players to help now.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Not a fan opinion. From P Lebrun who is respected. I think this is the accurate description of the situation.

The Ducks have listened on Trevor Zegras. My understanding is they haven't phoned a single team and brought up his name,” LeBrun told TSN's Jay Onrait. “This is other teams because it's been out there, picking up the phone and saying 'What's going on here? ' and the Ducks haven't hung up.”

Well duh. Wayne Gretzky was traded, hardly anyone is untouchable. You always listen because you never know if you get a crazy offer, never underestimate how dumb at least one GM is. Or even if you have no intention of trading a guy, doesn't hurt to know his value in case things change, which it can with anyone. But big difference between "they've listened" to "they're willing to sell him for parts" right? I've yet to see a proposal that wasn't essentially multiple lesser pieces or futures, as if the Ducks want to be in eternal rebuild, or as if they have a bare cupboard of prospects/picks.

It was even reported some teams inquired about the Ducks' 2oa pick last year and they didn't hang up. Does that mean they weren't really that high on Carlsson or Fantilli? Course not.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't think this is accurate. I think the Ducks are open to a Zegras trade but more of a 1/1 trade where they add to another area of team need but someone with Zegras's pedigree and already in the NHL.

I think it’s pvs job to listen to offers on basically anyone, doesn’t mean he is trying to or what’s to move him

But I don’t think it’s a bad thing if our gm is curious about what players worth is…. Top 6 centers are a premium in this league. There are plenty of teams that could use a top 6 center…. And for us it’s a position of strength.

Could we move zegras, sure
But i feel like it’ll be as part of a package for something better, or a package we’d be simply stupid for turning down.

I don’t think 5oa does that for us, and I don’t think anything around winnipegs 1st + b-b+ prospect accomplishes that.

I’ve said from the start Reinbacher could make sense depending on how we see him, and what we do with our 1st…. But outside of that the only other piece that would make sense is slaf(and obviously that’s a call ended from Montreal)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad