Post-Game Talk: Pre-season Game 2 - Jets at Oilers - 8:00 pm CT - TSN3

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I'd say it's a worrying result since everyone plays exactly the same way in the pre-season as they do in the regular season.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I just will never understand why people read anything into pre-season games at all.

People who get too excited about pre-season probably can't read...

A shocking problem in todays fan landscape...

GIF-Zoolander.gif

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Feel bad that Comrie had to go through that **** show. I thought he played relatively well to be honest. Had an AHL team in front of him though.

I believe most of the posters on here tonight who actually watched the game saw Comrie as a positive...

No need to despair for Comrie… we are sure management saw the same thing...

Next year or the next he will be ready... and his contract will come...

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Quick thoughts (v8.2a)...

9-17-13 this line dominated most of their shifts, including against Draisaitl and McDavid. This line is key to the Jets success. Copp continues to get better in the offensive zone.

42-28-82 Much less effective without Perreault. Appleton doesn't look ready. He is just too often a step behind. He needs just a bit more pace. Roslovic with some eye opening speed and skill. Vesalainen was less effective against a bigger team. Lost steam as the game wore on.

48-16-56 Jets second best line. Dano making a strong pitch for a roster spot. He's such a sneaky smart player, and with a bit more quickness he'll produce. Lemieux played a decent game. Griffith looks like someone who will be hard to match at the AHL level.

45-80-34 AHL line struggled, though Everberg was decent.

64-70 Stanley will remember that game for a while, and not on a good way. But Morrow didn't really help him at all because he was really erratic in his positioning. Bad game for both, forced Maurice to split them up later in the game.

83-3 Niku struggled early, but got better later in the game. Hard to assess D in this game, but I thought Poolman was okay.

44-8 Morrissey was good, Trouba was a trainwreck. Let's hope he gets to midseason form sometime before midseason.

Comrie - It felt a bit unfair for him, but he also tends to make himself too small and weak in the net. At this point it's hard to see him as a steady NHLer, which is disappointing.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Watching #8 in a Jets jersey kinda took something out the game from me and made it less enjoyable, it makes a mockery of the franchise. He should have been traded and I hope he is traded before the puck drops in the season opener.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Copp - Lowry - Tanev: These guys were great, clearly the Jets best line, they were in sync with their rotations and looked like a ballet out there. Played their typical regular season game, excited to see them again once the season gets going. Lowry looked like his old pre-injury self.

Lemieux - Griffith - Dano: Dano is clearly the front runner right now for that open spot on the Jets forward opening day lineup. I liked Lemieux's game until he took that penalty

Vesalainen - Roslovic - Appleton: Whooosh this line was awful, Roslovic was the only guy who showed anything and even he disappeared after the midpoint. Appleton and Vesalainen are going to start the season in the AHL.

4th line:
Not much to say, won't be surprised if these guys get sent to join the AHL group.

Morrissey-#8: Played like it was a preseason game, not particularly great.

Stanley-Morrow:
Were clearly outmatched tonight.

Niku-Poolman:
Poolman was up and down, Niku was solid and unnoticable at 5 on 5 which is a good thing, his pass on the PP to Copp was a thing of beauty.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Comrie wasn't good, again. It certainly wasn't all his fault but I expected him to play better being in his hometown and with something to prove. If preseason continues like this, looks like Helle and the Bro man

Trouba was rusty. Probably too chilly for him already.

I really liked Dano's game, and not just because he scored. He looked fleeter of foot - in better shape. He was more physical, which is what I remember of him when we first got him.

Poolman looks outclassed

Niku has silky mitts and great vision, so excited for him.

Roslovic mostly quiet but that one explosive rush where he split the D was hubba hubba.

Lowry line was fun to watch

Vesalainen did not stand out to me, nor did Appleton.

Lemieux had a good game.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Post-game audio:

Players: Eric Comrie & Marko Dano.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: What did he see from his team? Who were some of the guys who stood out for him positively? Thoughts on Sami Niku’s camp so far. Benefit for young players to play against McDavid.

To listen click here.

Reactions: Ares

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Ves looks like he's trying to figure out what he's supposed to be doing out there, pretty methodical play from him. Big reason he needs to start with the Moose this season, get familiar with the system and then his speed, talent and instincts will show.

Niku's gap will get eviscerated in the NHL....so will Stanley's, as well as his agility.

Awful lineup in front of him but Comrie didn't show anything regardless.

Pretty easy to spot most of the non-NHL'ers tonight.

Yawn.

Reactions: Laine Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad