Post-Game Talk: Pre-season Game 2 - Jets at Oilers - 8:00 pm CT - TSN3

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
So of all the hopefuls so far in the first two games, who does everyone think has made a decent case for themselves to stick with the big club?

For me it’s:
Lemieux
Dano
Brossoit

That’s about it.

So far those are the three irregulars that are making their case. Especially Brossoit. I mean, let's see when he gets hung up with an AHL team in front of him, but yikes.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Jujhar Khaira -- isn't he a Star Wars character everyone hated?

Any guy with the name of Pool and RV has got to be all about leisure time.

Tonight was the first time I realized that Jujukara wasn’t this guys last name. Thank you Dennis Beyak for slipping up once and not saying both his first and last name!

Reactions: Jet

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Post game notes...

Copp - Copp looks in midseason form already. Battling well in all areas of the ice. Had a nice breakaway on a heads up play. Making good crisp passes and smart plays.
Lowry - Much like Copp, looks in midseason form. Almost looks a bit more creative with the puck on his stick now. Looks like he has a bit more confidence.
Tanev - He has improved so much since signing with us that it seems impossible he could improve still but he looks like he may have found some creativity this offseason. This whole line is in for a good year I think.

Vesalainen - Was kind of invinsible tonight. Not good not horrible. He needs more games.
Roslovic - Wow, one of the best players on the ice for us tonight. I want to see how he looks with more talent. Still have a really good feeling about him.
Appleton - He isn't a bad PKer. Kind of like Vesalainen he didn't do anything that stood out good or bad.

Lemieux - He's a firecracker for sure. Will definitely get under opposing teams skin and can take a beating. Has some offensive chops too but we all knew that.
Griffith - He is solid on the forecheck though does get out muscled sometimes. Looks like there might be some offence in there. Forces plays sometimes but he could be a decent enough late call up option.
Dano - Making a really solid case for that last roster spot.

Spacek - Took two bad holding penalties. Not sure he has the legs yet to play in the NHL. Needs more seasoning.
Everberg - Not a bad PKer. Can play some two-way hockey. I think he could be a good option for the Moose to sign. Needs another game.
Lipon - Good forechecker. That's about it.

Mojo - Looked good as always. Trying to get a little creative with the puck sometimes.
Trouba - Yikes not a great game from Troubs

Niku - We all know he can QB a PP. Really heads up play there. Makes some good and bad plays in the dzone. Not great in front of the net.
Poolman - Looked better. Still not convinced he is the guy we want playing every night.

Stanley - Stayed with McDavid pretty well during a sequence. Got walked pretty bad by Poolparty, caught reaching which tends to be an issue with guys with long reach. Got outworked by Alborg pretty bad on one sequence, seems those small sturdy guys still give him issues. Low center of gravity and all. Had a rough break on the bobbled puck that led to a goal. Had a nice give and go to show his offensive side with a shot on goal.
Morrow - Made some bad passes, panicked plays out of the zone. Started alright but got worse as the game went on.

Comrie - Got hung out to dry so much it's hard to judge him.
Brossoit - He was watching intently.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
So of all the hopefuls so far in the first two games, who does everyone think has made a decent case for themselves to stick with the big club?

For me it’s:
Lemieux
Dano
Brossoit

That’s about it.
Agreed.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

For me it’s:
Lemieux
Dano
Brossoit

That’s about it.

For me:

Made a case for the opening night lineup:
Dano, Petan

Exceeded Expectations:
Lemeiux, Brossoit

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016

For me it’s:
Lemieux
Dano
Brossoit

That’s about it.

Just finished watching the game on PVR. I agree with your list. Dano looked pretty good. I swear he's slimmed down a bit, and seems quite in shape. I think he's got the 3RW spot. Brossoit as the backup, and Lemieux and Petan in the pressbox.

Ves looks like a good prospect, but will need another season or 2 to develop.

Appleton looks like he'll need more time on the Moose, but could be a decent callup.

Comrie didn't look horrible, but so far between him and Brossoit, I like the look of Brossoit better. But I take that with a grain of salt due to 1 game sample size of each (and both are pre-season games).

Sorry to hear about Petan's father passing away. Mine passed 4 years ago, and I'm still finding it rough (and I'm much, much older than Petan is).

And I hope Trouba can keep up his stellar play like he did tonight, so he can get exactly what he deserves for his next contract.

FinJetster

Mar 1, 2015
Kerava, Finland
A Big fan you say?
655650-beauty.jpg
?

ello

Jun 12, 2018
I would not be surprised if Maurice put eventually Tanev beside Roslo and Perrault if no one else steps up to fill that spot. He plays the exact puck pursuit and speed game that I think Maurice is looking for to complement those two. His cut-backs and puck possession skills tonight were maybe the best Ive ever seen from him, and I think he might be ready to build on the playoffs he had this past season.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I know it's only pre-season and only 1 game but it already looks like Trouba has left the building . Dano looks really good so far , and Roslovic will be our 2nd line center at some point this season .

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
For me:

Made a case for the opening night lineup:
Dano, Petan

Exceeded Expectations:
Lemeiux, Brossoit

What has Petan done? IMO Dano and Lemieux are both easily ahead of him. Lemieux doesn't require waivers so the safe bet is he starts the year on the Moose and Dano takes the final forward spot. Petan is likely this year's Dano - he'll sit in the pressbox for the entire year.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I know it's only pre-season and only 1 game but it already looks like Trouba has left the building . Dano looks really good so far , and Roslovic will be our 2nd line center at some point this season .
other then that move at the blue line on the pp I really didn't see anything that would say roslovic would be replacing little any time soon. he and his line didn't do much at all. agree on trouba tho.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

For me it's:
Lemieux
Dano
Brossoit

That’s about it.

Again I agree with the Turtle here, and I never thought I'd say that about Dano, as I've been trashing him on these forums, but he has looked impressive. Maybe there is hope for Marco ???

I'd really like to see Brossoit in net a couple more times-"he looks like the real deal to me". It's a bit early, but I think he'll be a great backup for Helle. :thumbu:

Last edited:

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
So what was the purpose of icing this particular squad against what the Oilers brought out to play? To purposely kick Comrie's confidence in the groin? Comrie made several great saves but all anybody will remember is seven goals against. Even with Morrissey and Trouba, not a single defenseman played like an NHLer in that game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad