GDT: Pre-Season #7: Mon, Sept. 30, 2019, FLYERS at Lausanne Hockey Club, 2:00 pm ET

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Didn’t see the game watched the the recap.

My favorite thing I saw was hart on goal three I think just staring at hagg for screening him on an easier point shot. Like either get in front or get out of the way.

Most braindead defensemen ive ever watched play..but that grit tho

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Well that’s what your doing. Morins numbers were good. Period. Haggs weren’t period.

Hagg had better zone starts. And qoc doesn’t matter in a game against no NHL PLAYERS!!!!!

Jesus just stop. Man. It’s the same thing over and over again.
Oh really? Cite the zone starts from today, please. And according to naturalstattrick, Morin has 62.5% offensive zone starts vs. 50% for Hagg this preseason.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
Well I would think it could happen. The game in Europe Friday. Return home for one game then its a western Canada trip.
Add into the fact they will be learning on the fly AVs system.
Hopefully they can start the game on time Friday and are not chasing the game. That has been a problem for far to long.
I traveled for work to Europe 6 to 10 times a year for 20 years. Jet lag is tough that second day, but they should be fine by Friday. Also for me it's was much worse travelling back west. If we can just have a winning record by the end of October I will be happy.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I just got to my hotel and I have 0 interest in catching up on this thread. I'm sure its littered with tons of "Ghost sucks", "this is why we need Stewart", and "Hagg wasnt even bad" posts though, so I'm positive I'm not missing much.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I just got to my hotel and I have 0 interest in catching up on this thread. I'm sure its littered with tons of "Ghost sucks", "this is why we need Stewart", and "Hagg wasnt even bad" posts though, so I'm positive I'm not missing much.
I love that Ghost and NAK are only bashed and Stewart and Hagg are only defended.

What a world we live in.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Bunny made a great play. Hagg took a bad shot that bounced off a player to another who made a great play to score.
Perfect example of being unable to give any credit to a player you hate. It was a nice play.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Perfect example of being unable to give any credit to a player you hate. It was a nice play.

N8mD0Dy9sQriU.gif

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Watching game now. First 4 minutes were fine until the 1st goal. Lazy D by Jake on the breakout. Poor D by Ghost after the shot. Poor rebound by Hart.
I have not re-watched that goal, but they said it hit Hart in the mask so you can understand the lack of rebound control in that case. Ghost was the one at fault for sure.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I have not re-watched that goal, but they said it hit Hart in the mask so you can understand the lack of rebound control in that case. Ghost was the one at fault for sure.

Yeah those are hard to control and it was as perfect a bounce for the forward as he could have hoped for.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ghost didn't play it well, but the rebound was a really weird one and seemed to surprise him. It's kind of understandable since he would normally assume the rebound was going to one side or the other.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
It’s going to be very interesting to watch if this team gets off to a slow start in October and November.
Theyve done it every year each of the last 7 so...par for the course.

Plus, learning AV's system incorporating new guys...it'll be a Giroux era special.
S**t first half, frantic 2nd. Get killed in playoffs. Wax on Wax Off.

Reactions: BernieParent

GirouxCouturier

GirouxMVP
Jul 4, 2010
British Columbia
Didnt get to watch was travelling. Am I missing something here, is it not absurd that the flyers didn’t win this game? I can’t see how the big ice would make that big of a difference

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Didnt get to watch was travelling. Am I missing something here, is it not absurd that the flyers didn’t win this game? I can’t see how the big ice would make that big of a difference

Larger ice has a huge effect on on-ice goalie positioning and angles, as well as separation. I didnt watch either, but I'm not surprised at all that Hart was apparently a sieve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad