GDT: Pre-Season #7: Mon, Sept. 30, 2019, FLYERS at Lausanne Hockey Club, 2:00 pm ET

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
It’s going to be very interesting to watch if this team gets off to a slow start in October and November.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Oh absolutely, preseason games are all an individual grain of salt. Glad they're over.

On to Friday. I took one of my billion unused days off and will be sleeping until noon and drunk thereafter. It's hockey season.
Wish I could. I had a bunch of unused days, but I’ve been sick as a dog the last f’ing week & have been in & (mostly) out of the office. I don’t think it would go over well.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
There were no hard assignments today, and Haag was the worst D again
Morin barely played & got cherry-picked minutes. Hagg had an assist. Corsi isn’t a player rating system, it’s not the only thing that assesses performance, & you can’t use it to compare performances devoid of context.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
concerned with Farabee's skating. Looks very unexplosive in open ice.
He’s not explosive; that’s his weakness. His skating has improved, though. It limits his offensive upside right now, but he can still be an effective 3rd liner at age 19. He’s not slow. And his anticipation is elite. Very good on the boards, too.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Morin barely played & got cherry-picked minutes. Hagg had an assist. Corsi isn’t a player rating system, it’s not the only thing that assesses performance, & you can’t use it to compare performances devoid of context.

HIS assist really ??? Lol, it was a terrible wide shot that bounced off a guy

Reactions: Adtar02

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
HIS assist really ??? Lol, it was a terrible wide shot that bounced off a guy
It was a good play. It’s insane how on this board people can’t give their enemies credit for anything or criticize their heroes for anything.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
It was a good play. It’s insane how on this board people can’t give their enemies credit for anything or criticize their heroes for anything.

So he meant to shoot wide and chest high ?

He’s an enemy like Manning was, Iike weise was, like VDV was , he is by far the worst player at his position on the roster, but for some reason his rope is longer.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Well that’s what your doing. Morins numbers were good. Period. Haggs weren’t period.

Hagg had better zone starts. And qoc doesn’t matter in a game against no NHL PLAYERS!!!!!

Jesus just stop. Man. It’s the same thing over and over again.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Last few years I've missed the Flyers' season opener because they started in CA I couldn't stay up late enough for the West Coast start time.

This year I'll miss most of the game because it starts too EARLY and I'll be at work for the first half :laugh:

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
You're really leaning VERY hard on that assist.

I wonder why you don't value Ghost's assists like that?
How hard am I leaning on it really? I merely mentioned he had a nice play that was a primary assist & it deserves to be factored into evaluating his performance. You think it shouldn’t?

Btw, I absolutely value Ghost’s points & I weigh them in assessing his overall performance, as I do with everyone.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
It’s going to be very interesting to watch if this team gets off to a slow start in October and November.

Well I would think it could happen. The game in Europe Friday. Return home for one game then its a western Canada trip.
Add into the fact they will be learning on the fly AVs system.
Hopefully they can start the game on time Friday and are not chasing the game. That has been a problem for far to long.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
How hard am I leaning on it really? I merely mentioned he had a nice play that was a primary assist & it deserves to be factored into evaluating his performance. You think it shouldn’t?

Btw, I absolutely value Ghost’s points & I weigh them in assessing his overall performance, as I do with everyone.

Weird how you're ignoring Hagg screening Hart for no reason for a goal against. Weird how you're asserting Ghost was a disaster based on two plays yet ignoring how he was, as usual, our best dman at driving play up ice.

It's all very transparent. The way you weigh player contributions seems to change drastically depending on the player.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Bunny made a great play. Hagg took a bad shot that bounced off a player to another who made a great play to score.

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad