GDT: Pre-Season #7: Mon, Sept. 30, 2019, FLYERS at Lausanne Hockey Club, 2:00 pm ET

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Good for Lausanne to go out there and beat an NHL team.

The Flyers looked bad overall and lacked effort. I do like how AV is trying to push the veterans to play harder from watching that last episode because this team needs a kick start and it'll start with the vets on the team.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Veteran players not going hard in preseason. Who'd have thought?

Paging @Striiker

Yeah. It's why I'm holding off on judging guys like Braun and Niskanen; they're safe and have nothing to play for, and they have a long 82 game grind ahead of them.

Someone who should be fighting for their career coming up short? That is a different story.

On the other hand, it means you've also gotta ask if a good preseason performance is sustainable over a season, too; a lot of these guys might be at playoff levels of effort while also facing guys who aren't.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Absolutely.

Ghost could have been better on that play. He gave Herren too much space and could have helped more on that goofy rebound off Hart's mask.

But that play doesn't even happen if, 150 feet away, Jake doesn't do a gliding "forecheck" that put him on the wrong side of Herren and allowed the breakout.

So Jake being Jake but he gets a pass due to he gets points. So pin it on Ghost... oh wait he gets a pass too for the same reason as Jake. Hart Sucks!

(sarcasm meters should be pinned)

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
So Jake being Jake but he gets a pass due to he gets points. So pin it on Ghost... oh wait he gets a pass too for the same reason as Jake. Hart Sucks!

(sarcasm meters should be pinned)

I blame Hart's mask. It should never have given up that juicy rebound. :D

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hart looked like he was back at Whole Foods, feeling the melons.

On the jet lag thing, didn't he play in Europe just four months ago?

I used to do 3 weeks in, 3 weeks out, now I was about 3 hours further East, but it took 2-3 days to adjust your clock.

They flew in Friday night late, then played Monday.
They should be much better in Prague in 4 days.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Shootout practice today. Team betting on who makes or misses. Losing bets had to do sprints short distance across rink.

TK went all said he'd miss. He made it and chirped the team while they skated. OH I WANT THAT AUDIO!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I mean, Giroux and Couturier were two of the Flyers best players over pre-season. Giroux top 10 in pre-season PPG in the league.
Ghost has been the best Dman.
Jake has put up PPG.

What really could the "core" have done better in pre-season?

Niskanen, Hagg and Myers are the only skaters who will be on the roster who had "poor" pre-seasons.

Though would have liked to see more from Provorov as well.

But I think all the forwards on the roster right now have been varying shades of good, or at worst solid.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
I used to do 3 weeks in, 3 weeks out, now I was about 3 hours further East, but it took 2-3 days to adjust your clock.

They flew in Friday night late, then played Monday.
They should be much better in Prague in 4 days.

God, I hope so.

Just keep Jake away from his mama's potato pancakes. :)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Shootout practice today. Team betting on who makes or misses. Losing bets had to do sprints short distance across rink.

TK went all said he'd miss. He made it and chirped the team while they skated. OH I WANT THAT AUDIO!

Hopefully he scores in a real shootout one day. :laugh: Only 13 Flyers have scored a SOG since the lockout.

NHL.com - Stats

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Veteran players not going hard in preseason. Who'd have thought?

Paging @Striiker

People just want to argue with me these days. Doesn't matter if their argument is ridiculous or not. I have to assume that's why so many disagreed with what I said about preseason because otherwise it's obvious and I assume most know it.

The vets aren't going to go 100%, the squads are mixed, the sample size is tiny, and overall it's just a glorified practice scrimmage.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->