Pre-Game Talk: Pre-GDT Oilers vs Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4ngleSZN

Sep 26, 2021
There's zero finish on the Hyman - Nuge - Yams line. Hyman scores tap-ins that Nuge can't make. Yams is honestly just bleh.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
He has A history of saying dumb shit about Oilers players, context always helps when trying to understand what someone is saying.

You spent an entire thread exactly that, nothing has been taken out of context.
When I say “everyone else” it’s to anybody who is considering replying to your hot take that Kassian shouldn’t play against the flames.
Here is some context for you.. you are now flaming and trolling. I've talked about Kassian and Nurse on an Oilers board. You are insulting ME. I hope you understand the difference?

There is an 'ignore' button.. please add me. I'm about to add you. No need to reply.
upload_2021-10-15_20-11-9.png

It is not a coincidence then when I look these posters up that they already have a tonne of warnings...

There is a theme with trolls on the internet. They don't read the whole thing. They reword it to fit a narrative.

When they reply they let people know they suck, they are stupid, they let 'the others' know they are stupid. what they don't do? Give an alternative view or perspective. Add zero value to the conversation.

Things like Kassian, Bear, Tipp, McDrai together, Yamamoto, Perlini with 5 mintues, Archi, Keith for 2 years, Smith for 2 years are all very divisive topics. Rich and fun to talk about. It's okay if we disagree. It's not okay to call it 'dumb shit'. That doesn't add 'context' about me. It adds context about you.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Here is some context for you.. you are now flaming and trolling. I've talked about Kassian and Nurse on an Oilers board. You are insulting ME. I hope you understand the difference?

There is an 'ignore' button.. please add me. I'm about to add you. No need to reply.
View attachment 470927

It is not a coincidence then when I look these posters up that they already have a tonne of warnings...

There is a theme with trolls on the internet. They don't read the whole thing. They reword it to fit a narrative.

When they reply they let people know they suck, they are stupid, they let 'the others' know they are stupid. what they don't do? Give an alternative view or perspective. Add zero value to the conversation.

Things like Kassian, Bear, Tipp, McDrai together, Yamamoto, Perlini with 5 mintues, Archi, Keith for 2 years, Smith for 2 years are all very divisive topics. Rich and fun to talk about. It's okay if we disagree. It's not okay to call it 'dumb shit'. That doesn't add 'context' about me. It adds context about you.
Calling Nurse not a #1D and saying he is only a complement to one and then trying to defend it by asking if he’s as good as Makar and Hedman is exactly that. You spent an entire thread arguing those points, would you like the exact quotes?

It’s funny that another poster called you out for posting infractions before you actually brought up my infractions. It’s as if that’s your one go-to move to try to discredit someone instead of substantiating your hot takes.

Last edited:
Reactions: McTonyBrar

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
"Pre game talk"...

This is what happens when a thread is started over 24hrs in advance I guess.

Hope the Oilers dress their better lineup on Saturday and time to park pretenders like McLeod and throw in Kass and Shore. Especially against the Flames.
What's the better lineup?

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
It really wasn't the line but one player doing most of the tilting.

It's like saying Neal-McDavid-Rattie line killed it 2yrs ago
You mean Hyman was a line driver? I thought that was what the line needed? Wait...you mean it worked and it was a good thing to have McDrai together?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
What's the better lineup?

The one without AHL players in it. Mcleod specifically looks allergic to any physical action and doesn't add anything at all appreciable. Benson? meh. Didn't dress in game 1, doubt he does in game 2. Anyway same lineup as last night except Shore and Kassian draw in so that the team isn't playing only 3 lines almost all night.

edit Why is Tippett scratching Shore again? Especially in a game where we could use some muscle.

Reactions: Messrules11

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
The Foegele-Ryan-Kassian line has potential to be very special.

Also I hope that Perlini never gets promoted out of the 4th line. We need an impact player like that on every line. Although last game he barely played. I didn't track what happened there.
Penalties and PP.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Oh boy this thread needs a new set of rails, on fact, let's swap the rails for freeway high way to change the vibes.

Trucks, like freight trains are diesel powered and it gets a 18 wheels a rolling.

Kick back folks, enjoy the tune n let's roll onto dishing out a good ol'fashioned ass whooping this weekend

Hope this help y'all take a breather and then continue on in a better mood.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
"Pre game talk"...

This is what happens when a thread is started over 24hrs in advance I guess.

Hope the Oilers dress their better lineup on Saturday and time to park pretenders like McLeod and throw in Kass and Shore. Especially against the Flames.

Shore is still banged up and won’t play. Sounds like Kassian probably will but he still needs to be cleared.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
There's zero finish on the Hyman - Nuge - Yams line. Hyman scores tap-ins that Nuge can't make. Yams is honestly just bleh.

What the heck are you talking about? You take one game and say Hyman scores on tap ins and Yam is bleh after the whole line was pretty much our best line offensive zone wise? Seriously do some of you guys even watch games? Or do you just watch highlights?

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
What the heck are you talking about? You take one game and say Hyman scores on tap ins and Yam is bleh after the whole line was pretty much our best line offensive zone wise? Seriously do some of you guys even watch games?
That line was crushing all night long, seriously. No they didn't score, but the shots were like 10-0 for that line. Keep that shnizzle up and the goals will come.

D4ngleSZN

Sep 26, 2021
Calling Nurse not a #1D and saying he is only a complement to one and then trying to defend it by asking if he’s as good as Makar and Hedman is exactly that. You spent an entire thread arguing those points, would you like the exact quotes?

It’s funny that another poster called you out for posting infractions before you actually brought up my infractions. It’s as if that’s your one go-to move to try to discredit someone instead of substantiating your hot takes.

Seems like abuse of power tbh.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I think this thread should be closed until tomorrow. It is insane in here. Seems like a bunch of drunk dudes arguing for nothing

Reactions: nabob

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Oh boy this thread needs a new set of rails, on fact, let's swap the rails for freeway high way to change the vibes.

Trucks, like freight trains are diesel powered and it gets a 18 wheels a rolling.

Kick back folks, enjoy the tune n let's roll onto dishing out a good ol'fashioned ass whooping this weekend

Hope this help y'all take a breather and then continue on in a better mood.

Prefer this Highway. :banana: :yo:

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
The one without AHL players in it. Mcleod specifically looks allergic to any physical action and doesn't add anything at all appreciable. Benson? meh. Didn't dress in game 1, doubt he does in game 2. Anyway same lineup as last night except Shore and Kassian draw in so that the team isn't playing only 3 lines almost all night.

edit Why is Tippett scratching Shore again? Especially in a game where we could use some muscle.
It’s almost baffling why Shore doesn’t draw in and McLeod dresses. Tippett needs to give his head a shake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad