Pre-Game Talk: Pre-GDT Oilers vs Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I think the oilers are way deeper and the flames D slow. there will be at least 5 oiler PPs.

Markstrom is good enough to slam teh door so they need to score on him quickly and use the home ice advantage to get 97-29 out vs lucic line.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Kick their Kasses !!

69FA7723-8FCF-4B39-AFF1-8EBE1AD8C23A.gif

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
I think the oilers are way deeper and the flames D slow. there will be at least 5 oiler PPs.

Markstrom is good enough to slam teh door so they need to score on him quickly and use the home ice advantage to get 97-29 out vs lucic line.
I'm completely serious when I say this, I honestly think we will be near the bottom of the league in penalties drawn this year. The playoff whistles will leak into the regular season for us, our powerplay is too lethal, and the refs know it. The other night Vancouver was already getting away with more than we were.

It sucks but that's the way it is.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
The message needs to be to turn the other cheek in this game.

The Flames will 1000% come out looking to stir shit up physically because it's the only thing they are at all good at, so we need to just sit back and let them take the dumb penalties.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
I'm completely serious when I say this, I honestly think we will be near the bottom of the league in penalties drawn this year. The playoff whistles will leak into the regular season for us, our powerplay is too lethal, and the refs know it. The other night Vancouver was already getting away with more than we were.

It sucks but that's the way it is.

I agree. The league will take it upon itself to penalize the Oilers for having a lethal powerplay since it's not fair to the other teams, gotta even the odds. The NHL loves it's false parity.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
The message needs to be to turn the other cheek in this game.

The Flames will 1000% come out looking to stir shit up physically because it's the only thing they are at all good at, so we need to just sit back and let them take the dumb penalties.

Agreed. If the Flames take dumb penalities, with how good the Oilers powerplay is, it's an auto-loss for them. My concern is when the game gets out of hand.

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I love the look of that third line and think it can be great.

However, I wouldn't play Kass against Calgary ever. Tkachuk is great at getting him to take stupid penalties. At least he won't be affecting the first line when sitting in the box cheering on the PK.

I am serious though, I think that third line has a lot of potential to be awesome (as a third line).

Reactions: Three On Zero

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

However, I wouldn't play Kass against Calgary ever. Tkachuk is great at getting him to take stupid penalties. At least he won't be affecting the first line when sitting in the box cheering on the PK.

I am serious though, I think that third line has a lot of potential to be awesome (as a third line).

Huh?

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Apparently Tippett is playing Hyman with RNH to start so they build chemistry early, as he wants to deploy them as a penalty killing duo.

I don't mind having Hyman and Pulju on different lines for now as there's a work horse on each of the top two lines that way.
Agreed. Also the easiest way to ease into a new season is have McDrai give you 2 goals a game. See last season when they started out split up and the team got off to a slow start.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

So we shouldn’t play Kassian and watch ratboy ride McDavid all night like a backpack?

Reactions: yukoner88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad