Pre-Game Talk: Pre-GDT Oilers vs Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
the flames added plugs and bums to their roster. We 100% need kassian playing unless we wanna lose Nurse for 5 mins when he blows a gasket and starts having to stick up for teammates.
I honestly can’t remember the last time I seen Nurse blow someone up with a big hit never mind fight.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Based mostly on opinions of some here including me. Nothing is 'set'. If you feel Yama was all worlds or Hyman stunk the joint then so be it.

It's just one game and no one hates Yama.. Watch Nuge and Barrie score 2 goals each tomm and opinions change.

no one said either of those things, hyman was good all game, yama was good mos of the game, that line was great as a whole the entire game. saying 2/3 of a line stunk is not true in any capacity

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So anyone else find it interesting we don’t have a helmet sponsor?
I like it aesthetically. It is interesting though and I wonder why? Maybe Sportsnet doesn't have us in enough National Games for advertisers to pay up? Maybe Rogers themselves were supposed to be the sponsor but then pulled out at the last minute leaving the Oilers without time to find another?

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I have Gaudreau in my hockey pool which I find revolting but when you pick near the bottome of the pack there are times when you have to do things that are not pleasant. But I rationalie it because in the last few years everytime I picked someone I could not stand they had an almost career worst season.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I have Gaudreau in my hockey pool which I find revolting but when you pick near the bottome of the pack there are times when you have to do things that are not pleasant. But I rationalie it because in the last few years everytime I picked someone I could not stand they had an almost career worst season.

Too bad crocodile tears count for nothing, eh

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Too bad crocodile tears count for nothing, eh
I learned a long time ago to separate my feelings about a player from their stats for a hockey pool. I want the Oilers to shut the Flames out every time they play them. If JG has a 6 point night vs the Ducks or the Leafs so be it.

Last edited:

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
he shouldnt be aside from 97 and 29 hes our most importnat player
I agree he shouldn't fight unless something drastic occurs (intentional injury to McD or Drai for example), but he should definitely be hitting more. He's huge and fast. Could devastate people.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I elarned a long time ago to separate my feelings about a player from their stats for a hockey pool. I want the Oilers to shut the Flames out every time they play them. If JG has a 6 point night vs the Ducks or the Leafs so be it.

I was just making a smart ass remark about cryin' Johnny is all

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Am I the only one who feels it’s too soon to be dressing Kassian? I mean, I’m sure he must’ve based the baseline tests and medical protocols, but he was clearly knocked TF out just 8 days ago. I can’t help but think it’s a really good idea to let him rest a little longer. You only get one noggin’ and this seems like a pretty quick turnaround, especially for a very physical player.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
So we shouldn’t play Kassian and watch ratboy ride McDavid all night like a backpack?
When has Kassian helped us win these games against calgary? I can think of several he cost us.

Also... Him on the ice has not deterred ratboy. Most of his most annoying antics were with Kassian playing.

NHL players aren't scared of one another...

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I’m gonna have to disagree with you there. He’s way more valuable if he’s feared for his toughness as well as his defensive ability.
were talking 2 different things. I agree i would like him to be more aggressive in regards to hitting and engaging other teams, but the post i quoted was referring to him fighting which i dont want. as much as i love watching him fight and his ol man yelling beat his ass, i dont want him sitting 5 in the box unless absolutely needed

Reactions: McDraekke
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad