2019 Stanley Cup Final Pre-Game Talk GAME 1 - 5/27 8:21 PM - Blues return to SCF after 17,914 days to the same city

Which team wins Game 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
Everyone else hates the B's. Isn't it grand !
Yes and no . Living where I do and having an attitude like I do can be rough at times . My wife and I were walking today and another couple passed us and the guy ( with a Canuck hat) said “ You are not making many friends with that hat” . Of course I snapped back with “ are you still crying over 2011” ... and it escalated quickly to the point where my wife had to grab me and his wife said “ let’s just go “ . Happens all the time . I take this team to heart and don’t put up with shyte . Getting to old for that crap . They just can’t keep their yaps shut

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Yes and no . Living where I do and having an attitude like I do can be rough at times . My wife and I were walking today and another couple passed us and the guy ( with a Canuck hat) said “ You are not making many friends with that hat” . Of course I snapped back with “ are you still crying over 2011” ... and it escalated quickly to the point where my wife had to grab me and his wife said “ let’s just go “ . Happens all the time . I take this team to heart and don’t put up with shyte . Getting to old for that crap . They just can’t keep their yaps shut
Did you wanna be friends with that loser? :laugh: Keep wearing your Bruins swag.

ETA: nobody around here cares. Flyers suck. I saw a guy at the hoagie shop the other day in a Leafs cap, and said something to him. He said, “oh I’m actually a Flyers fan. I just got this as a souvenir at the HHoF.” Can you imagine?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

I wore my Bruins Jersey out to dinner tonight. Any time I go out and I know I can get on a few nerves with some Bruins colors I take advantage of it.:D

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Remember the Hamburglar? I bet this ends with a very similar story.

Binnington was the better minor league goalie. Hammond kinda stunk in the AHL which is what made that stretch so bizarre

Still think they should be able to go to work on Binnington though. They couldn’t possibly have more info on him. The org saw him every day for months

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Binnington was the better minor league goalie. Hammond kinda stunk in the AHL which is what made that stretch so bizarre

Still think they should be able to go to work on Binnington though. They couldn’t possibly have more info on him. The org saw him every day for months

Perhaps, I'm just a little weary when it takes a goalie well into his 25th birthday to crack the NHL. Many goalies come on the scene and do well until the book is out on them, then they turn out to be pretty ordinary.

Also other than his 28 game stint (small sample size) with the P-Bruins his minor league numbers are pretty ordinary. Sure they are better than Hammonds but that doesn't make them good. I mean if a team is loaning out their goalie it says something about how they feel about him doesn't it? I mean, if he was their guy he'd be playing on their team , no?

Reactions: Strafer

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Perhaps, I'm just a little weary when it takes a goalie well into his 25th birthday to crack the NHL. Many goalies come on the scene and do well until the book is out on them, then they turn out to be pretty ordinary.

Also other than his 28 game stint (small sample size) with the P-Bruins his minor league numbers are pretty ordinary. Sure they are better than Hammonds but that doesn't make them good. I mean if a team is loaning out their goalie it says something about how they feel about him doesn't it? I mean, if he was their guy he'd be playing on their team , no?

I do not think they really had much of a choice as they shared an affiliate with another NHL team (iirc)

I Could be wrong, I’ve gotten dumber each year

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Here in Minnesota I don't get too much crap. I think people here really appreciate good hockey, and there's never been much of a Minnesota/Boston rivalry, in any sport.

Coyle on the team helps too, haha.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Strafer

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver

Tim Thomas was 31 when he became an NHL regular.

aguineapig

A BITTER New York columnist

https://nypost.com/2019/05/25/stop-the-bruins-were-sick-of-this-boston-run-of-titles/

“You’re just jealous,” you’ll say, and we’re honest enough to admit: You’re damned right we are. We are jealous and we are envious and are delirious with bitterness that you have spent close to two decades knowing nothing but relentless, unending success from your four pro teams while we in New York have had to settle, in that same time frame, for four titles from our nine teams, along with a whole lot of misery.

Jealous? Let’s make it Biblical: We’re covetous.

And this has to end sometimes. It does. This isn’t just a New York thing either, I hate to tell you. Everyone is sick of Beantown. It’s true. Go to Seattle. Go to Houston. Go to Chicago. Go to Minneapolis. They want you to lose, too. They are sick of you. They are tired of all of this.

How sick? How tired? Put it this way: St. Louis isn’t the most lovable sports town either. Have you ever heard the way the locals talk about baseball? We’re supposed to be arrogant in New York, but in St. Louis they actually call themselves, without a trace of irony, “Baseball’s Best Fans.” When the Rams were good and based in St. Louis, they turned rooting for the NFL into a secular sacrament, too.

You don’t think they’ll be just as insufferable if they get the Cup?
Stopped following all the other Boston teams after 70 Cup as I was swept up in the Bobby Orr and Big Bad Bruin frenzy. The keys to the City were Bobby's and it was all B's all the time. But after Bobby and then Don Cherry left, the masses, I think you refer to them now as the "Pink Hats" headed en masse to the exits.Oh not the true hardarse fans, Roger and the Gods and many of the true bred would always remain loyal, but we were somewhat relegated to second class to Sox ,Pats and Celts. They can win for ever it doesn't mean a Damn thing to me. I don't care some baseball fan in Baltimore or Football fan in Phoenix thinks Boston's had it too good. I know others here are like myself and here's what I say. This is Our Team and it's Our Time Now and if these "Pink Hats" want to jump on Board make room for 'em, they"ll see what i've known for years, There Ain't nothing better than winning Lord Stanley's Cup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad