2019 Stanley Cup Final Pre-Game Talk GAME 1 - 5/27 8:21 PM - Blues return to SCF after 17,914 days to the same city

Which team wins Game 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
Just out of curiosity, how many fans in the hockey world do you think are cheering for the Bruins in this one? Think of the fan bases. Habs, Leafs, Canucks, Rangers, Flyers all have a history and generally don't like the Bruins.

Then, you look at the neutrals. STL is more of a feel-good story considering where they were at the beginning of 2019. Also, how many sports fans in North America are bitter because Boston already got 2 parades in the past half year?

Personally, I like when the Bruins play the role of villain. This just popped into my head and wanted to see what others thought.
Pretty obvious but here in Vancouver everyone hates the Bruins and wishes Marshy ill will . It’s been kinda quiet for a couple years here but the bitter jealousy of us being at the top again while they make mistake after mistake and will be lucky to make the playoffs in the next decade is too much for them . Looks good on them

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Black Rose with a nice backdrop for the Irish seisiun
0FD2775B-39B1-4B8D-8309-9A3C6E279697.jpeg

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Just out of curiosity, how many fans in the hockey world do you think are cheering for the Bruins in this one? Think of the fan bases. Habs, Leafs, Canucks, Rangers, Flyers all have a history and generally don't like the Bruins.

Then, you look at the neutrals. STL is more of a feel-good story considering where they were at the beginning of 2019. Also, how many sports fans in North America are bitter because Boston already got 2 parades in the past half year?

Personally, I like when the Bruins play the role of villain. This just popped into my head and wanted to see what others thought.
None

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

Besides Bruins fans around the world.
There's lots of them, for various reasons. I know some that approach me when I wear my hat. Lots of them like Marchand for his style and skills. Others it's Rask,Chara,McAvoy. Pasta believe it is very popular.
But the most popular has always been Bergeron.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Lots of Canadian press do openly say they love the Bruins team.
For how they are built, how they play, for the quick turn around from missing playoffs 2 years in a row to finals.
Lots of love all around.

Reactions: Strafer and TCB

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
Wags definitely did not have a cast on either hand as far as I can see in the videos. Anyone else?

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Is there a place to watch all the media day stuff or should I just go through all these Tweets?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Same here. Good organization that’s just not been able to put it all together so far.

Like em....but I Hope that trend continues.

the blues' window should be open for a while too, assuming binnington is the real deal.
they can win it next year.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
A BITTER New York columnist

https://nypost.com/2019/05/25/stop-the-bruins-were-sick-of-this-boston-run-of-titles/

“You’re just jealous,” you’ll say, and we’re honest enough to admit: You’re damned right we are. We are jealous and we are envious and are delirious with bitterness that you have spent close to two decades knowing nothing but relentless, unending success from your four pro teams while we in New York have had to settle, in that same time frame, for four titles from our nine teams, along with a whole lot of misery.

Jealous? Let’s make it Biblical: We’re covetous.

And this has to end sometimes. It does. This isn’t just a New York thing either, I hate to tell you. Everyone is sick of Beantown. It’s true. Go to Seattle. Go to Houston. Go to Chicago. Go to Minneapolis. They want you to lose, too. They are sick of you. They are tired of all of this.

How sick? How tired? Put it this way: St. Louis isn’t the most lovable sports town either. Have you ever heard the way the locals talk about baseball? We’re supposed to be arrogant in New York, but in St. Louis they actually call themselves, without a trace of irony, “Baseball’s Best Fans.” When the Rams were good and based in St. Louis, they turned rooting for the NFL into a secular sacrament, too.

You don’t think they’ll be just as insufferable if they get the Cup?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Is there a place to watch all the media day stuff or should I just go through all these Tweets?

Also nhl.com

Also, for locals, NESN has a Stanley Cup Preview at 9PM, supposedly replayed on NESN+ at 11 PM. Probably accurate, as the Sox game was at 2, and they have plenty of Charlie Moores and other random shows to burn off between the Sox coverage and the Bruins preview...and a Charlie Moore is playing now.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Wags definitely did not have a cast on either hand as far as I can see in the videos. Anyone else?

From yesterday:

But yeah, the videos didn't show a cast...but he was wearing a sweatshirt. For those not local, it's 82 degrees right now in the Boston area, at about 7 PM at night. So....huh.

I think someone here mentioned something about a removable cast/split? I dunno. Either way, he's effectively month-to-month. He should be given a nice glass of Merlot and sit next to Campbell in the Legends suite. (Oooh, brainstorm! If only Soupy wasn't coaching the Jackets, he'd be great to wave the banner with/for Wagner.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad