Pre-Game Talk: PRE-ECF Thread (B/C Why not?)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I get it though. Dougie's a different guy and if a team thinks he's a loner that doesn't participate in team functions, I can see how that affects their opinion of the guy (right or wrong).

I read another article where it said that how he became friends with Svech and Foegele is because he would arrive early at practice and stay late and those guys would be the ones out on the ice with him so he developed bond. AFAIK, nobody has ever questioned Dougie's commitment and work ethic and if he's getting along well with teammates, he'll be successful.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Dougie would be employee of the month every month until the end of eternity compared to some of the real winners that I've had to deal with for years in my career. It's not that hard to be a decent person in this day in age, the bar isn't set that high and I'm pretty damn sure based on everything I've seen/heard/read that Dougie is doing just fine. So whatever the rub was on other teams was a team problem not a Dougie problem. I've left jobs for the same reason. Sometimes the place sucks not the person.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
qQwcZWMC_bigger.jpg
Mike Maniscalco‏Verified account @mikemaniscalco 4h4 hours ago

“We were almost at the wall. Hopefully that break will rejuvenate them.”
- Brind’Amour on the mental grind of the playoffs and how the break
from the second round to tomorrow can benefit his team.

Reactions: Unsustainable

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Rod Brind'Amour: Winning Culture
By: Michael Smith, May 8, 2019

"He puts everything he has into it," captain and friend Justin Williams said. "He's fully ensconced in it. When he's motivated on something, he goes all in."
From day one, it was clear what all in meant for Brind'Amour. "Earn it" was the mantra, the foundation upon which he built a message of caring and competing and committing. Expecting to win was not just a theoretical hope but a practiced belief.
"He's created a culture that has brought out the work ethic and determination to be out there every night," Jordan Staal said after the regular-season finale. "He's an easy guy to follow with his own work ethic and what he brings to the table every day. The guys have full respect for him and obviously love playing for him."
"He's an unbelievable coach, and he deserves a little more accolade than he's been getting," Jordan Martinook said. "He's phenomenal."
Brind'Amour the player was renowned for his incredible work ethic and gym rat tendencies. Brind'Amour the coach could probably suit up and hop over the boards, if the NHL rulebook permitted such a substitution.
"He's just beast, you know?" Andrei Svechnikov smiled.
Brind'Amour Fosters Cultural Shift in First Year as Canes Head Coach

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Absolute dick move. Next time anyone complains when they are called "Northern Elite", just break this out.

I wouldn't even classify that as "elite" (although I know you are using that in quotations). just a d*** move. Being rude to a caller is bad enough, but a reporter that took the time to call in to your show? :facepalm:

Is this a major radio station in Boston?

Reactions: zman77

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I wouldn't even classify that as "elite" (although I know you are using that in quotations). just a d*** move. Being rude to a caller is bad enough, but a reporter that took the time to call in to your show? :facepalm:

Is this a major radio station in Boston?

I believe so. That talk show alone has 140K followers on Twitter.

Reactions: zman77

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
What is elite about the North? Serious question. Maybe I'm just too practical.

Can only speak for NY, but bagels and pizza ;)

ETA: I'm not even a huge Chip fan or anything, but that was so disrespectful. maybe that's the norm for Boston radio, I don't know. Also--and no hate on Boston, I have family in that area--but they are the last people who should be commenting on accents.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Can only speak for NY, but bagels and pizza ;)

ETA: I'm not even a huge Chip fan or anything, but that was so disrespectful. maybe that's the norm for Boston radio, I don't know. Also--and no hate on Boston, I have family in that area--but they are the last people who should be commenting on accents.

I'll take a NY style bagels and lox please. I've been to NY a dozen times and I'd go back a dozen more.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
It don't much matter what accent you have. If you're a dick, you're a dick

Well these southern bunch of jerks is fixin' to kick some bawstan butt. Yeehaw! #BlessTheirHearts :sarcasm:

FINAL dougie mighty ducks cowboy manip.gif

I'll take a NY style bagels and lox please. I've been to NY a dozen times and I'd go back a dozen more.

I've moved around a TON (we're talking 8+ states) and i'm only 33. I think there are great things about most regions (although I've always preferred the east coast). SOME northerners--not all--can be very classist and dismissive of the south, but it's hard to beat warm weather, hospitality, and the ability to afford to live in a place bigger than a walk-in closet. :laugh:

I loved living in North Carolina especially--such a beautiful state and wonderful people--especially Charlotte. But, my nephews and niece and a lot of my other family live in DC, so that's where I'm hoping to settle down.

Wow, we're SHOCKINGLY OFF TOPIC LOL.

On a more relevant note, Hope we know when Game 2 is before like 2 minutes before puck drop :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad