Pre-Game Talk: PRE-ECF Thread (B/C Why not?)

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
I was waiting for a vet to start one of these, but....eh, whatever lol.

I have lots of inane questions to post about who we think we'd match up well against (only to later regret posting that opinion), how will we fair with extra rest, who wore it better Hamilton the Pig or Hamilton the Jerk, etc ;)

Also, I'll insert a random diagram of something that looks complicated here to make this thread legit :sarcasm:

walter-russell06_905.jpg

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
And there are people out there who think Dundon and Cherry colluded on this plan.
I mean I could somewhat buy it because a part of me thinks its impossible that someone could lack self awareness to the level that Cherry is showing.... And then I actually watch it with my eyes and you can visibly see how angry he is.

Like, I know its all and act, but its really obvious he doesn't appreciate at all that we made him the butt of this joke, and now he just can't let it go. I mean its perfect for us, he's just printing money for our franchise. We now have a long term identity that franchises usually have to pay a consultant to develop and it was gifted to us for free.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
It will eventually be played out, and annoying, but it's manna from heaven at the moment. It sure beats the redneck hockey thing they had going in 2006.

I don't disagree. The redneck hockey thing was amusing at first but it quickly. I don't remember how that got started, was it a Toronto journalist who came up with that in the 2002 playoffs?

Bunch of Jerks thing is more marketable because let's face it, everyone is a jerk in some way or form.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Why? And FFS where the **** is ferland?

Why not? Top six is going to be Aho, TT, Nino, Staal, Williams, Svech (or maybe Foegele if Svech struggles). Mix and match them as needed.

If Ferland isn't deemed healthy enough to play in game 1 or if they want to ease him in, then why practice with him in the line-up right now?

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
As someone who doesn’t personally care at all about the Don Cherry stuff, and didn’t even really care too much about the storm surges, Dundon has delivered on his promise to make this a relevant franchise.

The grassroots and community outreach efforts to bring the casual fan base back on board and engaged is impressive.

Rod and the boys on ice seem well poised to transition into a perennial contender over the next few years, and I think the whole club has done an excellent job at keeping this team’s name at the forefront of everyone’s brain.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Do we have any idea about when the third round would start for us? if it's gonna start on Friday / Thursday regardless then I guess I'm rooting for this round to go seven.

If it could start earlier, maybe it would actually be beneficial for boston/jackets to end tonight and start on Wed?

What do you guys think?

Personally, I really think playing either of these teams would be a big challenge, so I don't really have a preference about who we face. Even with the home-ice advantage angle, that puts a lot of pressure on winning those first two games so ehhh, I dunno.

ETA:

Aho, Andrei, Turbo together?

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad