Pre-Game Talk: PRE-ECF Thread (B/C Why not?)

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Feb 22, 2019
D.C.
Any room on the bandwagon and an avatar for me to borrow?

First off: HELL YEAH! (Jerks can't be choosers ;) ).

Second: SO SORRY about that loss man. I was rooting for you guys to pull it out and I know losing game 7 hurts like hell.

Three: Here's the link to the album of avatars if you want something unique. But the standard "bandwagon" one is this:

EmYPQf0.gif

Ok I think I made a shareable album

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
First off: HELL YEAH! (Jerks can't be choosers ;) ).

Second: SO SORRY about that loss man. I was rooting for you guys to pull it out and I know losing game 7 hurts like hell.

Three: Here's the link to the album of avatars if you want something unique. But the standard "bandwagon" one is this:

EmYPQf0.gif

Thanks man, tough loss but should only be the beginning, thanks for the avatar and hope you guys destroy the Bruins

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015

Dang was somehow hoping game 5 would be Friday or Sunday. I’ve got a wedding photography job that day, so can’t call in sick unfortunately. Adult life is finally sinking in, that will be my first ever Canes playoff game that I’ll ever miss watching live in their history, that is if the Canes or Boston don’t sweep the series.

I’ve also got June 1st booked. So got that in danger too. I don’t know how I’ll handle myself if I miss a possible Canes Stanley Cup Final game.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
In fairness, I'm also asking "how can this be?" Are MoneyPuck odds based on corsi / advanced stats?
My guess, and it is only a guess, is that they are based on the most basic stat--winning--plus advanced stats weighted for recent performance. Moneypuck was correct in predicting the Canes to make it this far--because from Jan. 1 on they were at the top of the league in wins and advanced stats. Having St. Louis as the WCF favorite and 2nd overall favorite seems to fit with that.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
In fairness, I'm also asking "how can this be?" Are MoneyPuck odds based on corsi / advanced stats?
I think the broader context of the "how can this be" goes something like, "How is this game even possible? Bruins in a 4-game walkover....", or some such. I love going to the main board threads and just reading about how vastly superior the Bruins are. Don't get me wrong, they've got a noticeable, proven talent edge, Rask is playing very, very well, and they've been here before. Still, the underdog positioning fuels me. I'm so excited for this game as I think we'll see not just a "test" but if the boys have another response to the proverbial bell.

Reactions: zman77 and DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->