Postponed Games Thread

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
NJ and Buffalo have not played in what seems forever

Someone else mentioned it on the Sabres board and it captures the feeling perfectly. It feels like we missed the playoffs already and we're stuck watching other teams play.

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
The league should tweak the schedule so the Sabres face the Devils for the next 2-3 games when they return, until they get their game legs back.

They are going to be a major disadvantage having not played in over 2 weeks.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I think it takes like a month between the two vaccinations for it to work anyway. Not sure how much that would help at this point.

No immunity starts building within a couple weeks of getting the vaccine.

Either way, they need to address it now so they're all vaccinated by the playoffs.

They have the excuse in Canada where they can't vaccinate because there aren't enough vaccines for the most vulnerable. In the US though, they have plenty and average citizens can line up to get vaccines so no reason to continue the virtue-signalling and not have your assets get vaccinated in the US.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

Either way, they need to address it now so they're all vaccinated by the playoffs.

They have the excuse in Canada where they can't vaccinate because there aren't enough vaccines for the most vulnerable. In the US though, they have plenty and average citizens can line up to get vaccines so no reason to continue the virtue-signalling and not have your assets get vaccinated in the US.
nope, less than 5% and it's on a state by state basis

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008

Source? All I'm reading is about shortages and challenges everywhere. One tenth of our population has gotten one shot and most news is reporting continuous problems.

On a local level (I live in the 2nd biggest city in the country in a state that has a population bigger than all of Canada), all the articles are mentioning how many challenge there are in vaccinating underprivileged communities and what they are doing to combat it given limited resources, vaccines, and the fact that they disproportionately represent essential workers.

Maybe you want to go to those areas and tell those people why we are prioritizing million dollar athletes ahead of their multi-generational households that are on the front lines and are dying at a rate way higher than any other demographic in the country?

Oh right... you want to watch hockey from your sofa. I forgot.

Crow

May 19, 2014

That doesn’t make sense. Some immunity perhaps, but who cares if you get 20% immunity? Also it’s somewhat of a waste of a dose if you get the virus before the second one dose. Perhaps your symptoms wouldn’t be as bad.

Why do they give the two doses a month apart then? That’s what they are doing here in Illinois. One of my employees just registered today. I’ve yet to find an appointment.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Source? All I'm reading is about shortages and challenges everywhere. One tenth of our population has gotten one shot and most news is reporting continuous problems.

On a local level (I live in the 2nd biggest city in the country in a state that has a population bigger than all of Canada), all the articles are mentioning how many challenge there are in vaccinating underprivileged communities and what they are doing to combat it given limited resources, vaccines, and the fact that they disproportionately represent essential workers.

Maybe you want to go to those areas and tell those people why we are prioritizing million dollar athletes ahead of their multi-generational households that are on the front lines and are dying at a rate way higher than any other demographic in the country?

Oh right... you want to watch hockey from your sofa. I forgot.

Yeah, I understand your argument. But we are talking about 60 doses per team, 24 teams. It's really low numbers.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Yeah, I understand your argument. But we are talking about 60 doses per team, 24 teams. It's really low numbers.

That's a dangerous argument man. Take a step back and think about what you are proposing. You want these people, no matter how few, to cut people that really need and are you know... facing DEATH, so you can watch hockey?

Just think of yourself 10 years in the future and looking back thinking that you are on the right side of this debate. This is a game and this is literally life and death. You have to be one incredibly selfish person to think that endangered communities should be put on the back burner so hockey can continue. Would you make that choice for your own family member? As in, if your grandma was in line to get the vaccine, and then a bus of the San Jose Sharks and all their employees come up and take all the doses. You'd look at your grandma with a smile and say... we get to watch them play the Kings tonight so that's great.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
That's a dangerous argument man. Take a step back and think about what you are proposing. You want these people, no matter how few, to cut people that really need and are you know... facing DEATH, so you can watch hockey?

Just think of yourself 10 years in the future and looking back thinking that you are on the right side of this debate. This is a game and this is literally life and death. You have to be one incredibly selfish person to think that endangered communities should be put on the back burner so hockey can continue. Would you make that choice for your own family member? As in, if your grandma was in line to get the vaccine, and then a bus of the San Jose Sharks and all their employees come up and take all the doses. You'd look at your grandma with a smile and say... we get to watch them play the Kings tonight so that's great.

Again, in the US, people who you say are facing death are already on lists if they apply usually.

Secondly, the NHL is not exactly stealing doses from the US. The US is administering more than 1 M doses a day now and it's more about distributing them out rather than a lack of vaccines like Canada. If the NHL gets them from Pfizer directly, they aren't stealing vaccines from old people.

Secondly, NHL players are traveling and putting a bunch of other people at risk. So either the league can shut down and not have players travel (which any pragmatist knows is not going to happen) OR they can actually give the vaccines to their players and staff which is traveling around the country spreading the virus.

I would have agreed with your point back in December and I still kinda do for Canada but we're in a situation now where the US has been getting these vaccines to the elderly and to hospital workers with lots more supply coming in.

Reactions: Name Nameless

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Wait, so there might be more Covid Concerns with Vegas? By the time the Sharks play a home game, they really will have played half their season already, at least it feels that way.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Not every state has an endless supply of the vaccine. The Wild would be crucified, and rightfully so, if they so much as dared to vaccinate the players and staff when seniors have to apply for a #$@!ing lottery in order to win a damn chance to get vaccinated right now.

Uh-uh. They have to take their rightful place in line and wait like everyone else.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
LOL one hour delay

One hour delay to see if some of the other tests comes back positive. They have learned their lesson: if more tests are positive, they can stop this without infecting the other team.

Another thing is, they should have postponed already, it often takes some time for this thing to manifest itself, some of the other players can be infected without having it show on a test. Yet...

Reactions: pbgoalie

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010

well I’m california not seeing avg people getting vaccinations
I’m 58 with risk factor and have until late feb March at best from what I was told

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad