Postponed Games Thread

Arkadiusz

Feb 22, 2019
Concord, MA
If you look closely the zombie on the far left pile is throwing a box of pizza over the wall...
3cWz.gif

Woodrow

Dec 8, 2005
Also lol at these idiots having a full team skate after a player was put on covid watch and before results from testing come in.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, I pretty well predicted this back in the summer, but it gives me no pleasure to witness it. Minnesota will be off two weeks at a bare minimum as it stands, but it could well be longer. I don't see how they are going to get a full season in at this rate. Their #1 pick is out for the season due to Covid complications, and the AHL team is sprinkled with junior and ECHL players. The taxi squad is also infected.

I strongly suspect that this will be a lost season. The league and all participants could've done a better job, but it was never going to be possible to keep everyone infection free. If i was a ref, i'd sure as hell be wearing a mask while in close proximity with players and coaches, and other officials. Most of them seem oblivious. It's all fun and games till someone gets hit hard, like Rossi did.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Well, I pretty well predicted this back in the summer, but it gives me no pleasure to witness it. Minnesota will be off two weeks at a bare minimum as it stands, but it could well be longer. I don't see how they are going to get a full season in at this rate. Their #1 pick is out for the season due to Covid complications, and the AHL team is sprinkled with junior and ECHL players. The taxi squad is also infected.

I strongly suspect that this will be a lost season. The league and all participants could've done a better job, but it was never going to be possible to keep everyone infection free. If i was a ref, i'd sure as hell be wearing a mask while in close proximity with players and coaches, and other officials. Most of them seem oblivious. It's all fun and games till someone gets hit hard, like Rossi did.

So what happened with Rossi anyway?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
So what happened with Rossi anyway?
complications from Covid. No one is saying exactly what, nor will they, due to HIPA concerns. Could be myocarditis, or some other form of Carditis. Maybe reduced lung capacity due to scarring, which is another common side effect.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
complications from Covid. No one is saying exactly what, nor will they, due to HIPA concerns. Could be myocarditis, or some other form of Carditis. Maybe reduced lung capacity due to scarring, which is another common side effect.

Ah. I was thinking he was not playing because they found out he had asthma or something so they were being cautious so he does not catch it

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
No, he had it when playing in the Swiss league, then "recovered" and played at the WJC. It wasn't until the Wild doctors did a thorough physical (that he failed), that the problems were found.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Mackinnon back at practice after missing 1 game. How convenient. Maybe the Blues can take a couple weeks off?

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Their schedule is going to be insane if they ever get back to playing games.

seems the sabres and devils have not played forever. Not sure cause I am too lazy to check but they likely have had more games PPD than they have played...

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
These American teams just handling this SO well...lmao

What a joke

There is no indication at present the Sabres did anything wrong. In fact, they are very much in the wronged.

I believe that at present, the Sabres need to play 46 games in 83 days.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
There is no indication at present the Sabres did anything wrong. In fact, they are very much in the wronged.

I believe that at present, the Sabres need to play 46 games in 83 days.
Not singling out any one American team.

How many cases have popped up on the Canadian teams since we started? The one on Edmonton recently is it I think?

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Their schedule is going to be insane if they ever get back to playing games.

The St. Louis Cardinals played something like 53 games in the space of 44 days when they finally got cleared to return from their COVID outbreak last season. Only had one off day in that 44 day stretch.

Thing is, baseball players can handle games each day, and that's still an insane stretch for them to deal with. An NHL team playing more than half of their schedule (in what would normally be an 82-game schedule) in less than three months is completely unheard of. There's a reason why the NHL regular season is usually six months in length; over the course of 180 days, the Sabres schedule pace (if it turns out to require 46 games played in 83 days) would have them on pace to play almost 100 games, to put that into some perspective.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Not singling out any one American team.

How many cases have popped up on the Canadian teams since we started? The one on Edmonton recently is it I think?
I think that was just an inconclusive test that then turned out negative. I think the Jets had one early in the season maybe.

Green

Nov 13, 2019
Before the season I always felt they needed to have only 1 or 2 games a week as it seems having 3-4 games a week was a recipe for disaster, looks like the league being greedy and packing the games in is costing them

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Before the season I always felt they needed to have only 1 or 2 games a week as it seems having 3-4 games a week was a recipe for disaster, looks like the league being greedy and packing the games in is costing them
Not really...it’s fine up in the North division because Canada actually takes this thing seriously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad