OT: Post your Projected Canadian Olympic Roster

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The only downside is they let K-Lowe in the back door :help: Watch out and make sure you count all the knives and forks.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Marleau but no Thornton? WTF?

Carter? Hamhuis?

Lol...start planning the Miss the Podium Parade!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Let the debate begin I doubt anyone is going to troll the Carter, Marleau, or Hamhuis picks :sarcasm:

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
We all know that Subban can skate like the wind. He is one of the best skaters in the NHL. I watch plenty of Subban, I still think he has absolutely no hockey sense. He just gets by on skating and strength. He gets away with it at the NHL level. So did Mike Green till his knee injury. Will he get away with it at the Olympic level? I am not so sure. I see Keith, Doughty, Pieterangelo, Weber easily ahead of him in terms of all around game. I think guys like Vlasic, Bouwmeester, Letang, Hamhuis, Seabrook fit better in "role" players than Subban. That's why I just don't see a role for him in Team Canada.

If I'm looking to build a team Canada roster, I am building a roster all around. You need two-way guys that are your top guys, you need PK guys, you need PP guys. I just don't see how Subban cracks any of the categories.

Keith - Pieterangelo. Top pairing that plays both ends of the rink with skating, positioning, first pass, etc.
Doughty - Weber. Second pairing that can shutdown hugely with skating, size, strength, first pass.
Vlasic - Letang. 3rd pairing clearly but has strong puck movement, good skating, Vlasic is a huge PK contributor, Letang is a huge PP contributor.
Bouwmeester-Seabrook. Solid extra pairing that can be slotted in with other players that have chemistry established. Both can play on either PK or PP, both strong skaters, both have great first pass, both strong positionally, both are two-way guys.

The ONLY argument for Subban is over Letang, IMO. They are similar players, strong skaters with great offensive instincts. This can go either way, but I'd argue for Letang since I think he is a MUCH smarter player than Subban, takes less risky chances, plays a much safer game than Subban while still having the same impact offensively. This is IMO this is only argument I can see for Subban.

have no inclination to write a lengthy post (lol feel kinda bad about it actually) but just to cherrypick PK has considerably more hockey sense than Seabrook and comparing him to Green is flat out ridiculous

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Well we'll see how we do!

Just my own opinion, but I'd have taken Giroux, St. Louis, Staal and Thornton, Mike Richards over Benn, Duchene, Kunitz and Carter, Marleau. Maybe I am opting for more 'comfort' over who's had a good season to date, who's hot, etc. But I see the guys we left off here as big time players, and when they put their countries flag on their chest you'd get the best of them. I am also a huge Mike Richards fan, the guy is a born winner in my opinion.

I think Seabrook should be there, but I see how they evened up the LH and RH, which is overrated, in my opinion.

Just me, though. :)

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
By and large a solid roster. Don't really like the Marleau, Nash, Kunitz picks. I'm pretty on the fence about Carter.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
have no inclination to write a lengthy post (lol feel kinda bad about it actually) but just to cherrypick PK has considerably more hockey sense than Seabrook and comparing him to Green is flat out ridiculous

I think Letang and Suban should be on the team (as long as a righty or 2 could play left)

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I don't like Benn, Nash, Kunitz, Bouwmeester, Sharp, Smith. I take Hall, Letang, Neal, Seguin, Thornton, Bernier.

Duir

I like the selections.

I find it funny how some people think they can create a better hockey roster than the likes of Mike Babcock, Ken Hitchcock, Claude Julien, Lindy Ruff, Steve Yzerman, Doug Armstrong, Peter Chiarelli, Ken Holland, and Kevin Lowe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad