OT: Post your Projected Canadian Olympic Roster

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Nash really shouldnt be a lock with how poorly he's been this year, in fact he shouldn't be on the team
There are many players who deserve it more.

By your logic he shouldn't have been on the 2010 team either. Nash ALWAYS shows up for Canada no matter how poorly he's played during the year. ALWAYS. That's why I agree with him being a lock.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
By your logic he shouldn't have been on the 2010 team either. Nash ALWAYS shows up for Canada no matter how poorly he's played during the year. ALWAYS. That's why I agree with him being a lock.

By that logic Iginla and Brodeur should be on the team

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Brodeur hasn't always played well for Canada. :laugh: He crapped the bed in Torino and the first game in Vancouver. Nash has shown up at every single tournament he's played for Canada.

Brodeur also has been playing below his career standard for some time now (spare 2012 playoffs) and is not the goalie he once was. Nash is having a substandard season for him but as of pretty recently (last year) he was a deadly and effective player. A quick look also shows his shooting percentage is 7% which is barely above half of his career average, and so some of this can be attributed to *#$% luck.

I agree. Nash shouldn't even be a question mark. In a bit of a slump in the NHL, but that doesn't mean olympics wont wake him up. A bit better puck luck and he's having a usual Rick Nash season and no one questions his spot on that team at all.

hockeytalk21

Nov 11, 2011
Going to be some heart breaking picks I believe.
Picking this based on Stamkos being on the team. He was skating this morning here in the Peg which means he's traveling with the team.

Duchene- Crosby- Kunitz
Stamkos- Taveras- St.Louis
Benn- Getzlaf- Perry
E.Staal- Toews- Sharp
Bergeron-Giroux

J Bo- Petro
Keith- Weber
Vlasic- Doughty
Hamhuis- Seabrook

Price
Bobby Lu
Smith

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Going to be some heart breaking picks I believe.
Picking this based on Stamkos being on the team. He was skating this morning here in the Peg which means he's traveling with the team.

Duchene- Crosby- Kunitz
Stamkos- Taveras- St.Louis
Benn- Getzlaf- Perry
E.Staal- Toews- Sharp
Bergeron-Giroux

J Bo- Petro
Keith- Weber
Vlasic- Doughty
Hamhuis- Seabrook

Price
Bobby Lu
Smith

Best roster I have seen to date. This is probably my roster as well.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Just for fun...

St. Louis - Crosby - Stamkos
Duchene - Getzlaf - Perry
Benn - Toews - Couture
Sharp - Tavares - Giroux

Extras: Bergeron, Marleau

Keith - Doughty
Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo
Vlasic - Weber

Extras: Subban, Hamhuis

Price
Luongo

Extra: Smith

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
This x10000. Subban has no place in the top 6 on team canada.

there arent 3 better Dmen in the league better than him but he can't play top 6? okay

did anybody watch the WJC and the issues they had? maybe take most talented players and it'll increase your chances to win gold

good thing Canada is so stacked that ridiculous decisions like Kunitz and Bouwmeester won't hurt them

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
there arent 3 better Dmen in the league better than him but he can't play top 6? okay

did anybody watch the WJC and the issues they had? maybe take most talented players and it'll increase your chances to win gold

good thing Canada is so stacked that ridiculous decisions like Kunitz and Bouwmeester won't hurt them

Babcock wants 3 RHD and 3 LHD. He would have to play ahead of Doughty and Peterangelo and likely Weber. It's understandable why he isn't in the top 6.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Babcock wants 3 RHD and 3 LHD. He would have to play ahead of Doughty and Peterangelo and likely Weber. It's understandable why he isn't in the top 6.

I don't think Subban should in any way be on team Canada. However the rumour I have heard from people close inside Kings circles is that Doughty has already been asked to move over to the left side. So I'd consider that Doughty as a LD. Remember too that DET almost always runs ALL LD.

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
there arent 3 better Dmen in the league better than him

If a good defenseman was defined only by offensive skill then he'd be in the conversation, but then Buff would be on the US team too.

I wouldn't have PK on the team either. 3 in the league? Weber, Doughty and Pietrangelo, done. Look, all three of them are even Canadian! How about Kieth, or Suter?

There are at least 10, if not 15 guys I'd have on my blueline before PK. (NHL wide. Nationally, I'm glad there is at least 6)

If we wanted someone with a cannon on the powerplay, well, Shea Weber can rip shots in on net at well north of 100mph so we're good.

PK is a good scorer, but we're FULL of scorers. We need guys to keep their guys from scoring.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I'd love to see Tavares-Crosby-Giroux as our top line, but can Crosby and Giroux co-exist? Even if not linemates?

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
If a good defenseman was defined only by offensive skill then he'd be in the conversation, but then Buff would be on the US team too.

I wouldn't have PK on the team either. 3 in the league? Weber, Doughty and Pietrangelo, done. Look, all three of them are even Canadian! How about Kieth, or Suter?

There are at least 10, if not 15 guys I'd have on my blueline before PK. (NHL wide. Nationally, I'm glad there is at least 6)

If we wanted someone with a cannon on the powerplay, well, Shea Weber can rip shots in on net at well north of 100mph so we're good.

PK is a good scorer, but we're FULL of scorers. We need guys to keep their guys from scoring.

for me Doughty and Chara are the only 2 Dmen I'd have clearly ahead of PK

if you think PK only rips 100mph shots from the blueline you don't watch him enough - best breakout in the league passing OR skating.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
for me Doughty and Chara are the only 2 Dmen I'd have clearly ahead of PK

if you think PK only rips 100mph shots from the blueline you don't watch him enough - best breakout in the league passing OR skating.

We all know that Subban can skate like the wind. He is one of the best skaters in the NHL. I watch plenty of Subban, I still think he has absolutely no hockey sense. He just gets by on skating and strength. He gets away with it at the NHL level. So did Mike Green till his knee injury. Will he get away with it at the Olympic level? I am not so sure. I see Keith, Doughty, Pieterangelo, Weber easily ahead of him in terms of all around game. I think guys like Vlasic, Bouwmeester, Letang, Hamhuis, Seabrook fit better in "role" players than Subban. That's why I just don't see a role for him in Team Canada.

If I'm looking to build a team Canada roster, I am building a roster all around. You need two-way guys that are your top guys, you need PK guys, you need PP guys. I just don't see how Subban cracks any of the categories.

Keith - Pieterangelo. Top pairing that plays both ends of the rink with skating, positioning, first pass, etc.
Doughty - Weber. Second pairing that can shutdown hugely with skating, size, strength, first pass.
Vlasic - Letang. 3rd pairing clearly but has strong puck movement, good skating, Vlasic is a huge PK contributor, Letang is a huge PP contributor.
Bouwmeester-Seabrook. Solid extra pairing that can be slotted in with other players that have chemistry established. Both can play on either PK or PP, both strong skaters, both have great first pass, both strong positionally, both are two-way guys.

The ONLY argument for Subban is over Letang, IMO. They are similar players, strong skaters with great offensive instincts. This can go either way, but I'd argue for Letang since I think he is a MUCH smarter player than Subban, takes less risky chances, plays a much safer game than Subban while still having the same impact offensively. This is IMO this is only argument I can see for Subban.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Dreger says Duchene made it.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m

Told Matt Duchene has made team Canada. Announcement on team ahead in in minutes on TSN.

McKenzie tweeted earlier he thought Giroux was out; Kunitz in.

Can't wait to see this team!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
This ceremony should include more speeches.

wow every politician trying to get some face time today!!

can we drag this out and make it a little longer please :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad